Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you walk right by it then look confused when a guest or other TM gets hurt.. My momma didn't raise me that way.. She would call skipping that lazy. I would agree..
You can train someone to do their job, but you can't fix lazy lol

Flow does not keep the process running. They are a part of the process, but they do not keep it running. Get over yourself.

Puhlease! No FLow, NO UNLOAD! No unload, NO PRODUCT! Simple as that bucko! So get over yourself!

You little wallflowers from SF would melt on Flow.

Also I feel like salesfloor people should try out flow, and vice versa at least once or twice. Just so they know. I always here salesfloor complaining about flow and flow complaining about salesfloor. When really some times its both their faults.

I agree,100%, but as a good portion of my Flow team does SF for various things SL, HL, Market, on a regular basis toget hours, they already know this... My team also handles guests in there area as they stock, CIHYFS, etc...but call boxes, nope, no radio, fast service, sometimes, but only if the few who trained for it have a radio.. but most refuse to take equipment of any sort since SF/POG need their blankies.

I'd love seeing any ETL including the STL and any random team member look at a 24 ft pog and tell them, set it. I think only the people on our pog team are actually 'trained' in pog. It sucks because I can't take a week off unless its planned out on a specific week because the process would fall apart if a key person is out for a week

Plenty of ETL's and the STL setting stuff here... Most of the SPP in HL and SL are left to the TL's and ETL's including STL to set... You may not see our STL alot, but when push comes to shove they will fill in where ever they need to and do a job equal to the POG TM that might have done it..It don't happen too often with the STL, but I passed them doing it not too long ago and in one of the worst areas of the store in my view. HBA!

Glad I don't work at your store.

This is why my team can't get shit done. We are fixing issues created by other teams & guests, and Supporting the store when other teams don't/won't.

Re read, slowly... Supporting the team is not my problem ie, not the issue. My team supports the store, and other teams... As if my TM didn't want hours there would be NO IS, BR, PC, CA, FA, Market, and just about any other coverage for CO, NCNS, VAC etc..

We just shifted from 4am to 6am. My seasonal that came on because of the 4am time are now looking into other employment opportunities. They'd sell their souls to keep 4am. Missed it by led than a million to jump org charts.

Been here.. and we are so close to getting back 0400 by that stupid metric.. this is an open sore and wound here that most of my team has not and won't forget... They too would sell their soul to get back to 0400, most would even be happier with 0200... This whole thing of store volume determining when Flow works is just outdated, and wrong!

Flexing over an "out" like that is actually an awful thing to do unless it is a true out and discontinued.

This is a WINNER! If you don't understand the difference between Flexing and Zoning and when they apply, STEP AWAY FROM THE SHELF! Step AWAY!

Can't count the number of times my middle TM tells me that some one has zoned the towels and all this stuff is in the wrong place now, and has to be moved... they know to tell me because otherwise they are going to be over time.. along with the TM's playing Jenga with towels or what ever it is they are doing, I guess trying to build a stairway to heaven or something...

It's a little difficult to tell the cashiers to pick up their speed when they are the only one scheduled up there until 11am

It isn't if I go up there and see R & Y scores transaction or overall. If you get swamped and you are the only one, thats a different game... if you are just plain SLOW regardless of its 1 or 14, then I have a problem.

. They don't have any hours either and no sales floor because they have to do the 7 carts of reshop and run the overflowing fitting room. No electronics tm til 9:30. I feel it is a little unjust for you to ask my Plano team who is rarely near the front end

to back up when there is 6 flow team members pushing mini, Mclane, and dollar which is all right next to the check lanes. When it comes to guest perception it looks pretty awful if they call for backups and there is 6 team members in red and khaki standing right there

Well mini, seasonal in my store are no where near the front, matter of fact they are on the furthest spot from CL..Playground is up there and really the rule is that we should have it pushed and gone by 0800.. It doesn't happen that way most days, but we try to do it that way, and same with autofills, do playground before store open, thing is the BR always pulls it last so its a mad dash to get it done...

The idea is to not trash and freight for Playground at the front of the store... looks like that other store that shall not be named.

And do any of these TM's have radios? Mine don't because all the SF have to have their blankies to operate... So how does these TM up there know they need assistance, and NO don't tell me they should be watching CL's! Nope! They have a task to focus on, if they need help them the GSA/GSTL can ask them to jump in and help... but calling on the radio will do no good, no radio, and no they are not going to watch CL and determine when they need assistance.

BUT.... That assumes that they are trained to do it... the person who pushes Playground on my team, is not.

.I get that everyone has a job to do in a short amount of time but I have always believed that if everyone helps out then you will get off the lanes faster. Instead of one person helping and then they are now stuckc there for an hour trying to get the fuck off.

I would agree with that, except I know how this plays out.... I loose TM's for huge swaths of time because SF just refuses to go, when they are in the building, and has radios. SF should back up FIRST, Period! Even if you are the ONLY SF TM! Then POG, then PC, then IS, and then Flow.

BUT what really toasts my bread is SLOW CAHSIERS to START! If see R&Y scores, then you are not doing it right! And yes I've had to cashier... So I know the irritating guests who stand there digging out pennies to pay etc.... things happen, but when I trained for cashier, the GSTL there was hardcore, and if you were having R&Y transactions, there was a talk about why... and if you had R or Y overall... well then you had better get in the game or you wouldn't be doing it long, and if that was your primary WC... well.. we went through cashiers more so then than now... but we now have to spend huge amounts of time in fast service....

I see no sense of urgency by most of cashiers when its starts to get busy, just the same old leisurely pace, and then hit that button, or GSA/GSTL calls for it.... :mad:

And my Plano team may not back up a lot but at least we are there to help guests when the flow team (whose entire job is to stock the floor) doesn't know where we keep luggage....

Well that is an issue for your Flow team to resolve... With the exceptions of SL, although there are a couple who know the general idea of SL stuff is, my team knows where the stuff is, a few are like walking breathing scanners... a couple I think might actually be robots.. who knows...

And if you are asking my Flow team to give up time from their tasks THEN EVERY TEAM is going to do it too! POG, IS, PC, Signing...not just going to dump it on flow because we have 28 people... Nope.

Serious equipment control needs to happen. Talk to your mgt about it.

We did just that... we decided who needed a radio and a mytoy on Flow... each device was labeled as such... it lasted about a week, if that... all the whiners on SF have to have a mytoy, and 5 POG TM's in the same valley all have to have a radio and mytoy, which they pile up in a cart...

If you try to enforce they just whine and cry and have a hissy fit ... I don't have time for that BS every day...

So my team just abjectly refuses to take any equipment now, they would just have one of the little crybabies come and want it.. so fine with me.. and I don't have time to settle this squabble every day... Now you can't call any of my team for fast service or call boxes... :p

PDAs are BR, period. You no touch them! The BRTL will hunt down any non BR TM who has one. POG will try it, though. If we let them they would each have a PDA and a mytoy, all piled in a cart sitting for 99% of their shift.

. Sales floor at my store seems to be the problem workcentre. We do our part to help but as a specialty position we do have our workload to complete in a timely manner :)

This is the point, POG can be a simple set, or can become a nightmare, like HBA... teams like POG and Flow need to focus on their tasks at hand...[/b]

We did just that... we decided who needed a radio and a mytoy on Flow... each device was labeled as such... it lasted about a week, if that... all the whiners on SF have to have a mytoy, and 5 POG TM's in the same valley all have to have a radio and mytoy, which they pile up in a cart...

SF needs the MyDevices to figure out what the hell Flow did. I had to beg for a MyDevice just yesterday to fix cosmetics because I went in and had to remember if ELF was getting another reset just a month after the last one. All the products were pushed in the wrong places COMPLETELY, and I needed a device to fix it. Know whose device I took? The girl from Flow who was scanning every product then disregarding the location it said and putting it anywhere. You guys don't get equipment because you don't USE it. SF gets it so they can fix problems on the floor.

Puhlease! No FLow, NO UNLOAD! No unload, NO PRODUCT! Simple as that bucko! So get over yourself!

You little wallflowers from SF would melt on Flow.[/b]

This little wallflower worked on the Flow team for 7 years. No Instocks, nothing to unload. No Plano, nowhere to put it. Simple as that bucko. Why are you so rude?
Maybe you have the best team ever with the best team lead ever. Hooray! Now instead of dissing everyone else, how about a little constructive advice so that every Flow Team can be as amazing as yours?

I remember when our 2nd flow TL had to transfer to the sales floor, and he finally saw all the trouble he was letting his team cause. Too bad it was too late for him to do anything about it.

In my store, it goes like this:
1)Flow overpushes to fill outs that they shouldn't even be filling.>>>2)Sales floor must take extra time to remove overstock while they zone and put away gobacks>>>3)Zone/gobacks are not completed and extra overstock is sent to backroom to backstock>>>4)Dayside backroom is not able to come clean before leaving for the day>>>5)Early morning backroom/flow must cut corners to "pick up the slack" overpushes thusly.>>>6)Repeat steps 1 - 5.

I remember when our 2nd flow TL had to transfer to the sales floor, and he finally saw all the trouble he was letting his team cause. Too bad it was too late for him to do anything about it.

In my store, it goes like this:
1)Flow overpushes to fill outs that they shouldn't even be filling.>>>2)Sales floor must take extra time to remove overstock while they zone and put away gobacks>>>3)Zone/gobacks are not completed and extra overstock is sent to backroom to backstock>>>4)Dayside backroom is not able to come clean before leaving for the day>>>5)Early morning backroom/flow must cut corners to "pick up the slack" overpushes thusly.>>>6)Repeat steps 1 - 5.
While we scan our IS team has to pull everything that is above capacity. We take back reds full of merchandise daily. Not all of it is from the push, some is from those working pulls. The loss of scan time is outrageous. There is no prize for not sending backstock when it is appropriate.

This thread is gold.

Can't we all just agree that we all hate each other, the team we are on is the best, and that the rest of the store sucks for messing us up and creating extra work? I think that's the main thing to take away from this.
I think the main thing to take away is that there is a golden opportunity for those on this forum to be enlightened enough to realize that all of the teams must do their job and do it completely and correctly in order for the store to be successful. Take that back and teach by example. Why do I care? A successful store means more hours which means more money for me. As a stockholder, it means I'll retire in luxury instead of having to shop clearance endcaps in order to eat when I'm old.

1)Flow overpushes to fill outs that they shouldn't even be filling
Let me explain this for all you overpushers. When you overpush into empty locations just to quickly fill an out, you cause a multitude of problems. First off, a zoner is going to take extra time to undo your mess and you WILL have to backstock it. The out will come in and you will have to backstock the item anyway, so why waste time? And if it comes in on the truck, the person pushing will probably just push it to another empty location because they think the other is already full(flow logic), causing more problems. The instocks team won't notice the out, and it will never get researched, potentially leaving it unfilled forever. You also cause pricing issues up at the front end, which loses the store money by A)selling things for cheaper and B)creating more work for the front end/sales floor (GSTL called for help, sales floor called to fix issue, backup button hit for long line, sales floor tm called for backup), and wasting payroll.

TLDR: Ever heard of a little something called DATA INTEGRITY? It means we keep all of our capacities, quantities, and counts 100% accurate, so that this company doesn't turn into a logistical nightmare! Your overstocking is literally causing more overstock. The fact is, when you overpush, you mess up a lot of other processes. To all the flow TMs out there who think that their jobs are most important...you're probably right, so don't fuck it up! ;)

While we scan our IS team has to pull everything that is above capacity. We take back reds full of merchandise daily. Not all of it is from the push, some is from those working pulls. The loss of scan time is outrageous. There is no prize for not sending backstock when it is appropriate.
I get at least 1 over flowing shopping cart of over push to have back stocked EVERYDAY I work. I would say 90% is from flow, 8% is sales floor TMs, and 2% I can't explain.

Let me explain this for all you overpushers. When you overpush into empty locations just to quickly fill an out, you cause a multitude of problems. First off, a zoner is going to take extra time to undo your mess and you WILL have to backstock it. The out will come in and you will have to backstock the item anyway, so why waste time? And if it comes in on the truck, the person pushing will probably just push it to another empty location because they think the other is already full(flow logic), causing more problems. The instocks team won't notice the out, and it will never get researched, potentially leaving it unfilled forever. You also cause pricing issues up at the front end, which loses the store money by A)selling things for cheaper and B)creating more work for the front end/sales floor (GSTL called for help, sales floor called to fix issue, backup button hit for long line, sales floor tm called for backup), and wasting payroll.

TLDR: Ever heard of a little something called DATA INTEGRITY? It means we keep all of our capacities, quantities, and counts 100% accurate, so that this company doesn't turn into a logistical nightmare! Your overstocking is literally causing more overstock. The fact is, when you overpush, you mess up a lot of other processes. To all the flow TMs out there who think that their jobs are most important...you're probably right, so don't fuck it up! ;)
BEST. POST. EVER. :)

How about the Zoner just leaves the product in the flexed spot.

Out zoners will flex over items to cover holes so it doesn't change anything lmao. Just leave the fucking item there

You little wallflowers from SF would melt on Flow.

I agree,100%, but as a good portion of my Flow team does SF for various things SL, HL, Market, on a regular basis toget hours, they already know this... My team also handles guests in there area as they stock, CIHYFS, etc...but call boxes, nope, no radio, fast service, sometimes, but only if the few who trained for it have a radio.. but most refuse to take equipment of any sort since SF/POG need their blankies.

Plenty of ETL's and the STL setting stuff here... Most of the SPP in HL and SL are left to the TL's and ETL's including STL to set... You may not see our STL alot, but when push comes to shove they will fill in where ever they need to and do a job equal to the POG TM that might have done it..It don't happen too often with the STL, but I passed them doing it not too long ago and in one of the worst areas of the store in my view. HBA!

Re read, slowly... Supporting the team is not my problem ie, not the issue. My team supports the store, and other teams... As if my TM didn't want hours there would be NO IS, BR, PC, CA, FA, Market, and just about any other coverage for CO, NCNS, VAC etc..

Been here.. and we are so close to getting back 0400 by that stupid metric.. this is an open sore and wound here that most of my team has not and won't forget... They too would sell their soul to get back to 0400, most would even be happier with 0200... This whole thing of store volume determining when Flow works is just outdated, and wrong!

This is a WINNER! If you don't understand the difference between Flexing and Zoning and when they apply, STEP AWAY FROM THE SHELF! Step AWAY!

Can't count the number of times my middle TM tells me that some one has zoned the towels and all this stuff is in the wrong place now, and has to be moved... they know to tell me because otherwise they are going to be over time.. along with the TM's playing Jenga with towels or what ever it is they are doing, I guess trying to build a stairway to heaven or something...

It isn't if I go up there and see R & Y scores transaction or overall. If you get swamped and you are the only one, thats a different game... if you are just plain SLOW regardless of its 1 or 14, then I have a problem.

. They don't have any hours either and no sales floor because they have to do the 7 carts of reshop and run the overflowing fitting room. No electronics tm til 9:30. I feel it is a little unjust for you to ask my Plano team who is rarely near the front end

Well mini, seasonal in my store are no where near the front, matter of fact they are on the furthest spot from CL..Playground is up there and really the rule is that we should have it pushed and gone by 0800.. It doesn't happen that way most days, but we try to do it that way, and same with autofills, do playground before store open, thing is the BR always pulls it last so its a mad dash to get it done...

The idea is to not trash and freight for Playground at the front of the store... looks like that other store that shall not be named.

And do any of these TM's have radios? Mine don't because all the SF have to have their blankies to operate... So how does these TM up there know they need assistance, and NO don't tell me they should be watching CL's! Nope! They have a task to focus on, if they need help them the GSA/GSTL can ask them to jump in and help... but calling on the radio will do no good, no radio, and no they are not going to watch CL and determine when they need assistance.

BUT.... That assumes that they are trained to do it... the person who pushes Playground on my team, is not.

I would agree with that, except I know how this plays out.... I loose TM's for huge swaths of time because SF just refuses to go, when they are in the building, and has radios. SF should back up FIRST, Period! Even if you are the ONLY SF TM! Then POG, then PC, then IS, and then Flow.

BUT what really toasts my bread is SLOW CAHSIERS to START! If see R&Y scores, then you are not doing it right! And yes I've had to cashier... So I know the irritating guests who stand there digging out pennies to pay etc.... things happen, but when I trained for cashier, the GSTL there was hardcore, and if you were having R&Y transactions, there was a talk about why... and if you had R or Y overall... well then you had better get in the game or you wouldn't be doing it long, and if that was your primary WC... well.. we went through cashiers more so then than now... but we now have to spend huge amounts of time in fast service....

I see no sense of urgency by most of cashiers when its starts to get busy, just the same old leisurely pace, and then hit that button, or GSA/GSTL calls for it.... :mad:

Well that is an issue for your Flow team to resolve... With the exceptions of SL, although there are a couple who know the general idea of SL stuff is, my team knows where the stuff is, a few are like walking breathing scanners... a couple I think might actually be robots.. who knows...

And if you are asking my Flow team to give up time from their tasks THEN EVERY TEAM is going to do it too! POG, IS, PC, Signing...not just going to dump it on flow because we have 28 people... Nope.

If you try to enforce they just whine and cry and have a hissy fit ... I don't have time for that BS every day...

So my team just abjectly refuses to take any equipment now, they would just have one of the little crybabies come and want it.. so fine with me.. and I don't have time to settle this squabble every day... Now you can't call any of my team for fast service or call boxes... :p

PDAs are BR, period. You no touch them! The BRTL will hunt down any non BR TM who has one. POG will try it, though. If we let them they would each have a PDA and a mytoy, all piled in a cart sitting for 99% of their shift.

This is the point, POG can be a simple set, or can become a nightmare, like HBA... teams like POG and Flow need to focus on their tasks at hand...[/b]
At my store we have 1 Plano PDA, 1 price change PDA, 1 salesfloor PDA, and 5 for back room and about 18 or more MyDevice's. 3-5 of which jingle around when you shake it and no one ever uses them pretty much. Still don't know why they sit in there for a year now but I know which MyDevice's are new and I try to get their number first lol. They are just faster

How about the Zoner just leaves the product in the flexed spot.

Out zoners will flex over items to cover holes so it doesn't change anything lmao. Just leave the fucking item there

Are you serious? Flexed items needto be removed if they are in the way of the correct product. It's common sense.

I get at least 1 over flowing shopping cart of over push to have back stocked EVERYDAY I work. I would say 90% is from flow, 8% is sales floor TMs, and 2% I can't explain.

Just one? I have my cart I use for legit reshop and sbux cups I find EVERYWHERE and my box and printer. I drag out a tub first thing and I alone will fill it with backstock in under an hour from the truck. Then I make sure now to have one on the floor at all time we are scanning so we can just dump BS into.. Pisses off the ETL who wants a clean floor but that just can't happen.

This thread is gold.

Can't we all just agree that we all hate each other, the team we are on is the best, and that the rest of the store sucks for messing us up and creating extra work? I think that's the main thing to take away from this.
My "team" sucks. Pog sets wrong, pricing doesn't try to find anything, and the pptl had me setting two person signs alone.

I'm trained for each piece of the process: flow, salesfloor, instocks, pog, pricing, cashier, backroom. But even most team leads have only a passive understanding of how those interlock. Srtl/etl need to train the entire process to see how their poor choices effect the store.

I'm cross trained, too.

I push to the piece.
I leave my BS neat and organized close to the BR location.... not jumbled hodge podge on a tub in the wrong area.
I generally zone as I go.
I help guests and back up cashier.
I break down my own boxes and put them in the bailer...... not leave them for someone else.
I handle 90% of my own reticketing, and some of my defectives - I do get help from receiving and Guest Service re:defectives, when they have time.....not leave them on the floor for someone else to find.
I have been known to STO the last two items from my pull that is Back Stock.
I am conscientious when I do Research/Rigs.

This job is not.that.hard.

But, boy is it easy to f*ck it up.

Last edited:
This thread is gold.

I don't discriminate, I hate every team equally.

That said, the only team I could pick apart less than our flow team (which is surprisingly good for the most part) is the barely existent instocks team.

Are you serious? Flexed items needto be removed if they are in the way of the correct product. It's common sense.
When the correct item comes in it will be pushed there. Taking out a wrong item to put another wrong item in its spot is stupid

When the correct item comes in it will be pushed there. Taking out a wrong item to put another wrong item in its spot is stupid
I think the better thing to do is to leave the spot empty. That way it's easier to push when the correct product comes in, but more importantly - the instocks team can see that there is an out and scan it. Take the wrong item out and leave it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back