Water pallets

Since last week the stability of these pallets have been a joke. I feel for all the ya'll. We're only dealing with a couple of pallets a truck. You guys have to manage full trailers of these leaning Towers of Pieces of Crap. I wonder if the plastic of bottles getting thinner or the plastic of the actual case wrap the problem?

Since last week the stability of these pallets have been a joke. I feel for all the ya'll. We're only dealing with a couple of pallets a truck. You guys have to manage full trailers of these leaning Towers of Pieces of Crap. I wonder if the plastic of bottles getting thinner or the plastic of the actual case wrap the problem?
It is a long trip from vender to store. Off trailer, put in location, picked from location, gpm’ed to the trailer, shipped to store.

Any DC folks that can answer a compelling question. How do boxes get loaded in the trailers? Every trailer I got recently had upside down boxes of detergent, bleach, etc. It's a pain to clean up
I've been wondering the same thing. Recently when I opened the truck a soft lines box fell and all the clothes fell onto the pavement below the truck. But, the last truck i unloaded was actually packed really well! I can only imagine the expectations the DCs have considering what they're like at the stores

Last year we started double stacking water in locations because of capacity issues. That water can sit in location for a year or more before labels drop for it. I'm sure the integrity of the bottles and the shrinkwrap is being compromised. We have a location a week where pallets have collapsed and we are rebuilding or donating/destroying water

I was in outbound for my first 6 years and the quality of employee has dropped dramatically. The stuff those kids do and get away with would never have happened then. People got fired based on feedback from the stores unloading their trailers. Its really a lack of experience, half the departments are made up of new hires that dont last more than a few weeks.
Its not much better in warehouse, they label those same detergents and bleaches upside down and if they dont leak in the cage cart, they bust on the mezz.....

Ideally, boxes would be labelled in a manner that would makes leaks a non-issue, fragile boxes would be on top of heavy product, and trailers would be packed tight, with load bars, to prevent freight from shifting. However, it seems in my building (and judging by this thread, perhaps even pyramid-wide) there's been a neglect in both the quality of our OB TM's, and the general standards that they are held to.

Quality of TM, accountability and training have all gone downhill in the last 5 years or so. Seems as though they don’t care how horrible you are at your job as long as you don’t get hurt doing it. Safety is #1, there is no #2.

Not sure how it is at other DC's but to hit your numbers in lanes you should see around 400-450 cph. We have been regularly seeing spikes of around 600 - 700 cph for 2 to 3 hours ever since mandatory ot stopped. At that rate all someone can really focus on is not running lights. Box orientation and wall quality really aren't a major focus when you're run anything north of 120%.

Not sure how it is at other DC's but to hit your numbers in lanes you should see around 400-450 cph. We have been regularly seeing spikes of around 600 - 700 cph for 2 to 3 hours ever since mandatory ot stopped. At that rate all someone can really focus on is not running lights. Box orientation and wall quality really aren't a major focus when you're run anything north of 120%.
We’ve done safety walks in the wing and it’s crazy in our dc. They are supposed to have a max of 2 non-con pallets. Some lanes had 4-5 making in nearly impossible to drive equipment past. Needless to say those tm’s were “coached”. With all the focus on “ci” and safety they sure don’t change prod expectations.

When your QC Cls are as skilled as me the SCTM I can outstack anybody in OB im the best OB B1 TM in tha pyramid my OMs all know it.
By the way what is a date?

Sounds like someone isn't making plans correctly

Any DC folks that can answer a compelling question. How do boxes get loaded in the trailers? Every trailer I got recently had upside down boxes of detergent, bleach, etc. It's a pain to clean up
I've been wondering the same thing. Recently when I opened the truck a soft lines box fell and all the clothes fell onto the pavement below the truck. But, the last truck i unloaded was actually packed really well! I can only imagine the expectations the DCs have considering what they're like at the stores
I wanted to use the stop work authority tonight but I didn’t know how to do it.​

Last edited:
Back