Archived We Were Broke Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Around 4 am today, a fool tossed a dumbell through the exit's lower plate glass, and in under two minutes made their way to (no shit) electronics and made off with two items totaling 700 bucks.

I thought there were alarms for this shit!?!

Nope, same thing happened to us a while back during one of the holiday closures.
We now have to strip the elec cases & take everything to a lockdown area.

About 4 or 5 years ago, all the stores around us got broken into & they made off with Apple products. Since then we strip our Apple case every night. Luckily we never got broken into.

We had an armed robbery attempt sometime recently. Someone near them happened to also be stealing something and a spider alarm went off and spooked the armed robber. He rushed out the fire alarm without anything and without hurting anyone.

Perhaps corporate will arm them? At least a motion detector?

I know some stores have those big metal security gates that close down in front of the entrances. I don't know why more don't, it's a smart idea.

All store doors usually have alarms if they are forced open. However if the glass is broken the door itself was never actually opened. Glass break alarms are a thing but usually don't get installed unless a store has previous problems.

Yea the doors themselves have alarms but only with force. Had someone during the star wars release that thought we had the chewbacca raffle at our store (which we didn't) bang on the doors trying to get flows attention and they set off.

Would an alarm really have made a difference? They can still grab whatever they're taking and leave.

Mostly that we don't want to get into the details of the security systems of the stores.

I've been watching this thread nervously wondering if it was going to get to a point where someone was going to say something that would get us in trouble.
So, to everybody, please don't give details that would make some would be thug get any ideas to break into a store.
Folks, we've got enough troubles without Spot blaming us for that.

Last edited:
It's so simple!

Motion detectors at the entrance, or everywhere!

A jillion decibels of alarms going off!

Easy peasy... problem solved.

Not really.
As soon as the baddies figure out what it takes to set the alarm to go off, they start doing multiple random alarm trips until law enforcement gets fed up.
A business my sister worked for had so many 'false' alarms LE threatened them with fines but, as soon as they stopped arming, they were hit again.
The roll-down gates would be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back