Archived We Were Broke Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
The front doors not being alarmed is good information to know
Not for robbers. All the cash is secured at the end of the night in the cash office, which is essentially a steel fortress trying to break into. All a burgaler would get would be stuff they would get during any regular daytime larceny. All they would be doing by breaking in at night would be adding several charges, including use of burglarious tools, burglary, vandalism, criminal trespassing, etc. Anyone with an IQ above 70 should be able to deduct that burglarizing a retail store isn't a good idea.

if what you said is true,you just told them who you are,there are so many weird things happening in all our stores that are so store specific,so as interesting as our stories are it is better to be a little less so.

2gvrmGZ.gif

if what you said is true,you just told them who you are,there are so many weird things happening in all our stores that are so store specific,so as interesting as our stories are it is better to be a little less so.
He has a selfie of himself in front of his store....I don't think you can more specific than that.

Not for robbers. All the cash is secured at the end of the night in the cash office, which is essentially a steel fortress trying to break into. All a burgaler would get would be stuff they would get during any regular daytime larceny. All they would be doing by breaking in at night would be adding several charges, including use of burglarious tools, burglary, vandalism, criminal trespassing, etc. Anyone with an IQ above 70 should be able to deduct that burglarizing a retail store isn't a good idea.
You'd think but look at that high profit loss from shop lifting.

All some would have to do is wear a mask, bust out the door, and steal everything in apple case to make a huge profit. It's not a target thing it's just how the store is designed, k marts, Walmarts, Sears and more.

Not all robbers go after the safe, or at least the "smart ones" don't

Apple products have a very low profit margin for Target. Apple makes the money. Target makes the money on the sale but they're trying to get the accessories and drive the add-ones. If you're looking at profit margin, up and up products are the greatest loss of profits dollar for dollar. Target writes of the loss, gets insurance and goes on. Burglary is a risk, look at every store fact sheet and there's risk ratings. Criminals are dumb, they'll be found somehow. Shoplifting isn't that lucrative anyway. They'll make their money any way possible at the lowest risk they can.

I used to have contacts with Target Forensics Lab. They will work with police in getting the store's footage and try to identify the criminal.

Frankly our alarms go off 2-3 times every morning for literally no reason so hopefully they are going off at night too to keep the robbers away.

(alarms all over the store too, electronics, door, roof, fuck idk I have a migraine)

Well, we were broke into again, the same way - different window.

Now we block the doors with the carts at close and we squeeze out between them when leaving.

yea thats some funny stuff

We were broken in to during my last year there. Same story, busted out the front window. Both me and the flow TL showed up around 3 and usually went and got coffee etc. Saw him busting in and waited until he ran into the store and called the cops.

He freaked out and ran out the fire door and got to his car as the cops pulled up. Sped off and tried to run down a cop a few miles later.

As you can imagine, they didn't take kindly to that and shot him. Many times.

We had a guy walk through our store overnight steal a bunch of stuff with a backpack on. He was able to walk out of the back exit. The alarms went off but he didn't get caught. Everyone thought he was an overnight team member. They found out later that morning.

Incompetence personified.

We had a guy walk through our store overnight steal a bunch of stuff with a backpack on. He was able to walk out of the back exit. The alarms went off but he didn't get caught. Everyone thought he was an overnight team member. They found out later that morning.

Incompetence personified.
And this is why I hate it when we have contractors and such that come into the store, and are just allowed to roam without the rest of the team having knowledge of these people even being there.
Last Monday I was doing revisions in MMB and had my headphones on. It was about midnight, and as far as I knew, the only people in the store were employees and cleaners. Some random guy I've never seen before comes walking right up next to me, and asks me where the bathrooms are. Took me by surprise, and I froze for a second. He asks again and I finally had to say "And who are you? The store's closed.". I showed him where the bathrooms were, and followed him back to the pharmacy, where I finally saw that he had a team working.

We had someone hide in the store before closing and rip off all of the Apple products in the display case and then walk out the fire exit. Another time we had contractors in overnight for a week and the idiots ended up stealing much in electronics. They were arrested and prosecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back