MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

They should have just cracked down on anyone who wasn’t vaccinated and made them wear masks and leave those who are vaccinated alone, I don’t wanna hear “oh vaccinated can still catch it blah blah” vaccine is working as it was design let the vaccinated be free. It’s bs they want me to wear my mask even outside which they can kiss my ass if they think I’m going to follow that.

They should have just cracked down on anyone who wasn’t vaccinated and made them wear masks and leave those who are vaccinated alone, I don’t wanna hear “oh vaccinated can still catch it blah blah” vaccine is working as it was design let the vaccinated be free. It’s bs they want me to wear my mask even outside which they can kiss my ass if they think I’m going to follow that.
I would've been okay with them requiring proof of vaccination. The problem is, no matter what they do, someone's going to be pissed. There's no pleasing everyone, and if we aren't going to confirm people's vaccination status than I think it's wise to have everyone mask up. But I do agree that you should be able to pull your mask down outside.

I would've been okay with them requiring proof of vaccination. The problem is, no matter what they do, someone's going to be pissed. There's no pleasing everyone, and if we aren't going to confirm people's vaccination status than I think it's wise to have everyone mask up. But I do agree that you should be able to pull your mask down outside.
i mean its not like it would force them to show there vaccination status they will still have a choice if they want to or not, just that if you want to take your mask off then you would need to show it. but yeah your right you cant make everyone happy. id honestly prefer to have to show vaccination status to remove mask then to mandate the vaccine to keep your job. even though i got the vaccine myself i don't agree on forcing people to get a vaccine to keep there job unless maybe if there in medical field. im not anti vaxx just don't agree with forcing people to take it.

I will write this from first hand experience so yall will know what it is actually like. Me and my SO got the vaccine back in March. I was happy to wear masks and take the vaccine and do my part. We never stopped wearing masks because even though we had the vaccine my SO and their family are all auto immune and have different heart conditions. If my SO had gotten it before, they would have been hospitalized if not on deaths door honestly. However, they encountered someone at work with covid who refused to use their mask and we both caught it even after being vaccinated. Without the vaccine we would have been dealing with a lot more than the symptoms we did encounter. As long as people don’t just suck it up and wear masks + get vaccinated it will continue to be like this. I know it sucks, but if you want an end to it then it has to be this way. Even vaccinated people can spread it. I hate antivaxxers as much as the next guy but there are children who still can’t get it and those who actually cant receive it for REAL medical reasons. Not to mention, eventually the vaccine will no longer be effective if it mutates enough.

I will write this from first hand experience so yall will know what it is actually like. Me and my SO got the vaccine back in March. I was happy to wear masks and take the vaccine and do my part. We never stopped wearing masks because even though we had the vaccine my SO and their family are all auto immune and have different heart conditions. If my SO had gotten it before, they would have been hospitalized if not on deaths door honestly. However, they encountered someone at work with covid who refused to use their mask and we both caught it even after being vaccinated. Without the vaccine we would have been dealing with a lot more than the symptoms we did encounter. As long as people don’t just suck it up and wear masks + get vaccinated it will continue to be like this. I know it sucks, but if you want an end to it then it has to be this way. Even vaccinated people can spread it. I hate antivaxxers as much as the next guy but there are children who still can’t get it and those who actually cant receive it for REAL medical reasons. Not to mention, eventually the vaccine will no longer be effective if it mutates enough.
if thats the case then they should enforce it on guests again as well not just employees

i mean its not like it would force them to show there vaccination status they will still have a choice if they want to or not, just that if you want to take your mask off then you would need to show it. but yeah your right you cant make everyone happy. id honestly prefer to have to show vaccination status to remove mask then to mandate the vaccine to keep your job. even though i got the vaccine myself i don't agree on forcing people to get a vaccine to keep there job unless maybe if there in medical field. im not anti vaxx just don't agree with forcing people to take it.
But how would a mandate be any different than required vaccinations needed to enroll your kid in school?

But how would a mandate be any different than required vaccinations needed to enroll your kid in school?

There is no difference.

The anti-vaxxers want to say the vaccine is new or it was done in record time or one in a million had a side effect. Well, all vaccines were new at one point, medical technology and computers have come a loooooooooong way since the Polio vaccine, and all vaccines have a tiny chance of a side effect. In addition, getting COVID is way worse than any side effect of the vaccine.

Also, all of these anti-vaxxers have many vaccines inside their bodies right now. That is why they never got Polio, Measles, Whooping Cough, etc.

Are all these anti-vaxxers going to refuse the Pneumonia shot and the Shingles shot when they reach age 60 and older? I will never get Shingles because I never had chicken pox and got the chicken pox vaccine.

It is unfortunate that the people smart enough to get vaccinated are dealing with breakthrough infections and having to wear a mask.

But look on the bright side. Darwinism!!! Over 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths are from those who choose to be anti-vaccine. Society will slowly weed out the fools!

There is no difference.

The anti-vaxxers want to say the vaccine is new or it was done in record time or one in a million had a side effect. Well, all vaccines were new at one point, medical technology and computers have come a loooooooooong way since the Polio vaccine, and all vaccines have a tiny chance of a side effect. In addition, getting COVID is way worse than any side effect of the vaccine.

Also, all of these anti-vaxxers have many vaccines inside their bodies right now. That is why they never got Polio, Measles, Whooping Cough, etc.

Are all these anti-vaxxers going to refuse the Pneumonia shot and the Shingles shot when they reach age 60 and older? I will never get Shingles because I never had chicken pox and got the chicken pox vaccine.

It is unfortunate that the people smart enough to get vaccinated are dealing with breakthrough infections and having to wear a mask.

But look on the bright side. Darwinism!!! Over 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths are from those who choose to be anti-vaccine. Society will slowly weed out the fools!
OT, as an adult is it advised to get re-upped on the chickenpox vaccine? I had chickenpox as a kid and I hear horror stories about shingles

For those of us who caught the actual disease there's a shingles vaccine at age 50. I'm not sure what's different between the two vaccines, but the shingles vaccine is because of waning immunity to the chicken pox virus, since it hid so well for so long.

Edit: Just looked up the difference, and it's due to child immune system vs. adult immune system. The chicken pox vaccine uses a live whole virus. The older shingles vaccine was a supercharged chicken pox vaccine but it would wear off after just a few years plus live viruses don't go well with immune compromised. There's a newer shingles vaccine that uses just a single protein found on the virus casing.

Last edited:
OT, as an adult is it advised to get re-upped on the chickenpox vaccine? I had chickenpox as a kid and I hear horror stories about shingles
You do not need the chickenpox vaccine as an adult if you already had them. It is recommended to get the shingles vaccine once you turn 50. (It was not licensed until 2006) Having had shingles, my experience would also be a horror story. I got the vaccine to prevent reoccurrence. It was very painful, a long recovery, and I was very lucky to have been diagnosed very early which prevented what were predicted to be very serious consequences in my situation.

For those of us who caught the actual disease there's a shingles vaccine at age 50. I'm not sure what's different between the two vaccines, but the shingles vaccine is because of waning immunity to the chicken pox virus, since it hid so well for so long.

Edit: Just looked up the difference, and it's due to child immune system vs. adult immune system. The chicken pox vaccine uses a live whole virus. The older shingles vaccine was a supercharged chicken pox vaccine but it would wear off after just a few years plus live viruses don't go well with immune compromised. There's a newer shingles vaccine that uses just a single protein found on the virus casing.
After you recover from chickenpox, the virus enters your nervous system and lies dormant. It may or may not reactivate for reasons that are still being researched, but lowered immunity as we age is one of the causes. If it activates, the virus travels along the nerve pathways, which is why it is so painful.

That line causes so much....misunderstanding I guess is the right word. When it's said, people take it all wrong and respond with the speaker wants them to die.

When someone is wrong, there's only three ways to deal with it. Provide proof and persuade they are wrong, force them to submit, or walk away and leave them alone. Ideally it's convince them that their stance is wrong, but there are always those type of people.

To force the vaccine issue we would need armed guards seizing people and holding them down during the vaccination. Things are bad, but we're not yet to Raccoon City level of bad, so I think that everyone can agree that this is a step best not taken.

To convince, well there's been a lot of attempts. You say it's bad, they say it's not. You show statistics, they say they're a lie. You show pictures, they say the pictures are faked. You show pictures of bodies, they obviously died of something else. You show medical information, they say it's all political propaganda. To persuade, the other person has to look at one single piece of evidence long enough to think about it and compare it to the belief. There is none of that. And when it's a complete shutdown no matter how long you try to engage, there's a reason there's a saying about talking to a brick wall.

So there's the third option. Just give up. You can't force. You can't convince. You've tried and tried. There's nothing left. Yet for some reason acknowledging futility, throwing up one's hands and saying "They've chosen their fate" and saving energy to help those who want to be helped makes you the bad guy since clearly you want people to get sick. No one is wanting people to get sick, there just isn't any other option left.

It's been well over a year, if people are still denying then there's clearly no point in continuing to waste breath, they are set in their ways. Doesn't make the people disengaging from the attempt the bad guys, it's - it is acknowledging the reality of the situation instead of blindly clinging to the delusion that they can be helped. Many of these COVID denial people are clinging to delusion, there's no reason we should turn on each other for letting go of our delusion they can be convinced.

As much as I'd like to see everyone who *can* be vaccinated there are too many who have their reasons (based on biased data) that will refuse to do so.
My greatest fear is the rise in cases among children & the loss of a generation.
I hope that those refusing will eventually get enough *balanced* info to overcome their fear of the vaccine.
I really don't find any joy in the death of deniers because, as much as I dislike the individual, their family is still impacted by their death.
I just want the damn virus gone so we can go back to some semblance of normal, whatever the hell it may be.

Last edited:
For me, one of the concerns about COVID, even more than the vaccine, is will it (like chickenpox) remain dormant and come back to haunt those who had it, whether symptomatic or not, later in life with some reactivation that will be worse than the original manifestation. I would like to think that the vaccine could prevent this, but I don't think there is enough data about the virus or the vaccine to know this yet. More seems to be known about the vaccine than the virus, though, since that actually has a formula, is not living and it will not "evolve" as the virus has.

For all those who say the CDC is the gold standard, here is some food for thought. A PCR test that is being used cannot tell the difference between the Flu and Covid. Add that to an entire household being considered a positive test because of 1 person, and anyone who had covid dying for any reason being counted as a covid death, how accurate are all of these numbers that are being used to steer people one way or another. It strengthens my point that everyone has their right to make their own decision. More power to everyone who has conviction and their independent opinions no matter what side of the coin you land on.

For all those who say the CDC is the gold standard, here is some food for thought. A PCR test that is being used cannot tell the difference between the Flu and Covid. Add that to an entire household being considered a positive test because of 1 person, and anyone who had covid dying for any reason being counted as a covid death, how accurate are all of these numbers that are being used to steer people one way or another. It strengthens my point that everyone has their right to make their own decision. More power to everyone who has conviction and their independent opinions no matter what side of the coin you land on.

Target and other employers have a right to make their own decision to mandate all employees be vaccinated.

Then you will have a choice to quit/be terminated or get vaccinated.

Hopefully, Target's CEO will get the balls to issue a vaccine mandate soon.

That's one test, there are a number of others and they are fixing the problem.
The statement about how covid counts are done is based on a few outliers that are not the standard.

Gonna have to repeat, this isn't a science forum.
If you want to argue the politics do it in the politics thread.

what if i provide a letter from my doctor stating working outside with a mask effects my asthma and that it's detrimental to my health? would that be enough to get a pass on the mask for outside only?

what if i provide a letter from my doctor stating working outside with a mask effects my asthma and that it's detrimental to my health? would that be enough to get a pass on the mask for outside only?
It depends if your city, county or state has mandate on wearing masks inside or outside. In my state, it's inside the building, not outside. I kept my mask on the whole time.
Talk to your hr.
Every store is different.

It depends if your city, county or state has mandate on wearing masks inside or outside. In my state, it's inside the building, not outside. I kept my mask on the whole time.
Talk to your hr.
Every store is different.
theres no current mandate from state at all its just the mandate for all target employees, they have already told the SETL that masks are required inside and outside, im just wondering would happen in this situation.

Back