Archived what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

teammember123457
i have my orientation this monday at 10 am, HR invited me on the phone when i called because i had a whole miscommunication and missed the first orientation because HR didn't have my information in their system, and then also got an email stating the date and time and to "wait for call from (HR persons name)" . i have not gotten a call yet, and its now saturday the 4th and my orientation is supposed to be on monday and nobody has contacted me. i know it's not a false date because before i got the email, a person from HR told me to come to the orientation on november 6th at 10 am, and to even check to see if my questionnaire thing for the background check was already done. also, i called last monday just to make sure there was still an orientation on the 6th and they said there was, and that HR should call me in a few days. its been 5 days and no call. help??? all i want to know is what to wear, bring, and stuff like that but nobody has called me.

Last edited:
That e-mail is probably system-generated. HR has no control over those types of e-mails. The system automatically sends those out when they enter your job offer into the system.

It also sounds like the HR person wasn't sure if your background check was even cleared yet at the time of your call. Do you remember completing any background check consent and disclosure forms (the "questionnaire thing" that they talked about), either on the computer or paper? Your background check cannot be initiated without doing these forms. There is also a deadline that you need to do them by. If you miss the deadline, then your offer may be rescinded.

I recommend taking the initiative to call HR again to make sure your background check has truly cleared and that you were actually confirmed attend this Monday's orientation. If you don't clear background, then you cannot go through orientation. Once you solve this issue, then ask them for details about orientation (what to wear, bring, etc).

Last edited:
they told me my orientation was going to be this monday, on the phone and that they'd call me for more information on like what documents and what to wear. i waited for an entire week like a moron for them to call me, and they never did. so i finally call them saturday, and they all of a sudden don't have an orientation for the 6th. like ??? human resources told me themselves the date and time the week before, so what even??? now i have to call them tomorrow when they open to clear everything up. they said there's going to be one next week on the 13th and i really hope its true because i'm getting sick of waiting around when they hired me a month ago

Same here. Many of the seasonal people we've hired have already quit.
At least they gave notice. Ours just stopped showing up. I don't know if those are the worst or the ones who come in trying to change their availability.

At least they gave notice. Ours just stopped showing up. I don't know if those are the worst or the ones who come in trying to change their availability.

Yeah we had one ask for thanksgiving off. We told her no and she stopped showing up.

It's expected though. There is a reason a lot of these people are looking for seasonal work. They can't hold down a job in the first place.

We definitely found a couple keepers that we are excited about though.

Reactions: Him
Oh no...most haven't given notice. They just walk out mid shift, or stop showing up.

Yeah we had one ask for thanksgiving off. We told her no and she stopped showing up.

It's expected though. There is a reason a lot of these people are looking for seasonal work. They can't hold down a job in the first place.

We definitely found a couple keepers that we are excited about though.

When I call them, I make it clear that thanksgiving is required to work, during the interview it is made clear again so I don't understand why they try and ask for it off once they are hired. We currently have a few regular team members who put in time off requests for thanksgiving :rolleyes:. They aren't new either, have been with the company for years.

When I call them, I make it clear that thanksgiving is required to work, during the interview it is made clear again so I don't understand why they try and ask for it off once they are hired. We currently have a few regular team members who put in time off requests for thanksgiving :rolleyes:. They aren't new either, have been with the company for years.

Lol yup this lady signed an availability sheet saying "I can work anyday anytime and I don't need any days off"

A lot of them lie about availability in order to get hired

Lol yup this lady signed an availability sheet saying "I can work anyday anytime and I don't need any days off"

A lot of them lie about availability in order to get hired

Yes they do and then they approach us after Orientation or after their first shift to let us know something changed and they can not work weekends etc. Our STL got so tired of it that she tell them flat out, that they can not work here anymore. We hired them because we need weekend and holiday coverage and that was made clear several times.

Yes they do and then they approach us after Orientation or after their first shift to let us know something changed and they can not work weekends etc. Our STL got so tired of it that she tell them flat out, that they can not work here anymore. We hired them because we need weekend and holiday coverage and that was made clear several times.

Our HR TM told me that as part of the orientation, they tell the newbies that they CAN NOT change their availability whatsoever until AFTER their 90-day probationary period.

I had a post about our ETL-HR who overheard a lady just out of orientation telling the HRTM when she 'couldn't' work because it conflicted with her other job.
ETL reminded the new hire that she was offered the job based on open availability while the hire tried to justify it by saying 'everyone says that' so ETL withdrew the offer & told her which door she could exit thru.
HRTM just look at her & said "Yeh, that just happened."

Update: My orientation is Monday at 9 AM - 1 PM, and I of course bring my legal proof of documents / wear red and khaki. a month and a half later is better than never.

and damn ya'll sure have a lot of issues with your employee's and their loyalty. if they say they're available all the time, they should stick by that and not lie to your face just to up their game at getting hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back