Archived What if there was a message board for Target Customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been mentioned once in a Yelp review. The day I read it I felt like I finally made it. Lol. But damn did that lady bend the truth to her advantage, too bad you can't leave comments on those reviews...
I got trashed on on Yelp consistently. I never wore a name tag, so nobody could call me out by name, but it was pretty obvious just from the physical description they gave. For the record, I never once was a dick to someone who didn't deserve it #sorrynotsorry

"I was in target today around 9pm and I asked if they had any NES classics in stock. The team member I asked and what looked like his boss actually laughed at me before saying that they didn't. How rude!"

..yes we did actually laugh at her.

I looked at Yelp for my store.

One review "just your basic, average Super Target. I like to vary my shopping."

damnit.

edit: found the FB page. this should be fun. "Busy, hardly any cashiers." is actually true, won't argue with that lol been a while now that it's been that way and apparently still was two years ago. On to Google review page

edit #2: "Coupon Nazi's work here.. declining any and all coupons to give Target more money.." lol

Last edited:
This reminded me to check the yelp reviews again since it's been a while

Apparently we didn't hand out tickets for a shipment and the LOD told a guest (that was 1st in line) "well you should have ran" which is hilarious to me because I'm pretty sure she actually said that because she gives literally no shits.

There's a review from back in June when the Xbox price glitch happened and this lady is just so playing the victim lmao She's saying it was "on sale" (after repeatedly explaining it was a GLITCH) and we ruined her son's birthday because now she missed out on an Xbox like hahaha suuuure you couldn't find an Xbox ANYWHERE

The sense of entitlement on the yelp reviews on my store are hilarious. Calling out TMs by name? Really?

The calling employees out by name thing on reviews is something I have never understood, and are likely written by people who have never worked a day of retail in their lives. "JOHNNY, the RUDE blonde guy in electronics" is probably not even working there anymore by the time anyone reads your review. The turnover is so high that calling people out by name just doesn't make any sense and frankly is quite rude. You're not calling out the CEO. You're bashing some minimum wage kid who doesn't deserve to be shamed on a public forum just because you decided he didn't give you good enough service or whatever.

It's not limited to Target either. The reviews page for the Lowe's I work at is filled with employee names -- mine included. Some toothless redneck bitch said I refused her "perfectly valid, legal return" (w/e that means) for an item she "bought days ago." When I saw the woman's profile pic, I knew exactly who she was and realized she made that story up. I denied her because the item she tried to return wasn't even from our store. But that's the thing with review sites like Yelp. Anyone can just make shit up and essentially libel a person because they had a bad day or something. Fuck that.

"They do not really stand behind the merchandise they sell. I brought back the remains of a pedometer that virtually disintegrated on the third day I owned it. I had the original receipt and they refused to honor it because the darn thing was incomplete -- it had broken off as I used it."

That doesn't even sound believable...:rolleyes:

"They do not really stand behind the merchandise they sell. I brought back the remains of a pedometer that virtually disintegrated on the third day I owned it. I had the original receipt and they refused to honor it because the darn thing was incomplete -- it had broken off as I used it."

That doesn't even sound believable...:rolleyes:
Which part?

The pedometers we sell are garbage. The part that's unbelievable to me is that guest service denied the return. They accept nearly anything at my store and it drives me insane

Here's a review of my old store that I thought y'all would like. It was posted a few days ago.

"Ever since the transgendereds took over the company Target has truly gone to hell. I am talking full on anti Christ. The girl at the returns desk does not wish customers a merry Christmas and was very rude to me when I returned the ornaments I had purchased. As I was explaining to her that the ornaments did not match my tree, she seemed to roll her eyes. Manager, big Hispanic lady, was too busy gossiping with cashiers to care about me. I've had enough with Target."

I re-worded it a bit for store privacy. But god damn. I thought people like this were just in my head. Sad thing is she thinks she's a "good Christian" by spewing this shit.

This lady gave our store 1 star because our commericals come in Spanish and indicated she will no longer shop at our store as a non spanish speaking shopper. Adios! :D

"Ever since the transgendereds took over the company Target has truly gone to hell. I am talking full on anti Christ. The girl at the returns desk does not wish customers a merry Christmas and was very rude to me when I returned the ornaments I had purchased. As I was explaining to her that the ornaments did not match my tree, she seemed to roll her eyes. Manager, big Hispanic lady, was too busy gossiping with cashiers to care about me. I've had enough with Target."
Yet you'll be back next week.

"Ever since the transgendereds took over the company Target has truly gone to hell.
YuL78Vw.jpg

I just read a one star review about my store because we "make" her use a pin with her red credit card. She thinks we are the only location that does this lol
I had a guest one time that was having trouble with their pin once. It was taking him a bit and the guest behind him (Who was clearly annoyed) said "What's taking so long?"
I then explained to the guest at the reader that all Red cards have to have a pin and the guy behind him said "Well, I've never had to use a pin with my Red card---ever and have the credit one ."

I wanted to scream at him. You're not really making things better by telling me this...

I had a guest one time that was having trouble with their pin once. It was taking him a bit and the guest behind him (Who was clearly annoyed) said "What's taking so long?"
I then explained to the guest at the reader that all Red cards have to have a pin and the guy behind him said "Well, I've never had to use a pin with my Red card---ever and have the credit one ."

I wanted to scream at him. You're not really making things better by telling me this...

The credit cards having PINs on them now is a great security feature but boy does it draw the stupid people out of the woodwork. The public does not like change and stubbornly refuses to accept change. I have had people screaming at me -- both at Target and at Lowe's -- because they "just want to run it as credit." When I inform them that they are in fact running it as credit and that some credit cards require PINs now, it's like their brains short circuit and stop working. It's not that complicated. Put in your damn PIN and shut up.

The credit cards having PINs on them now is a great security feature but boy does it draw the stupid people out of the woodwork. The public does not like change and stubbornly refuses to accept change. I have had people screaming at me -- both at Target and at Lowe's -- because they "just want to run it as credit." When I inform them that they are in fact running it as credit and that some credit cards require PINs now, it's like their brains short circuit and stop working. It's not that complicated. Put in your damn PIN and shut up.

I had a guy adimently deny EVER having a pin for his redcard. He even said, "I just used it last night and I didn't enter a pin!" I kindly explained to him that that's not possible and asked if maybe he had a pin that he used frequently so he could try that one. He said no, told me I was wrong, and walked out of the store.

My theory is that they put their pins in so quickly that when they stop and think about what the number is they forget it. Muscle memory.

Google reviews:

:high five:
4 stars
It's a department store.....what else could you say. Reading some of the other reviews makes me realize there may be a few whiners out there......

:face palm:
1 star
This site for ********** has a Kansas City, MO phone number. The 816 area code is Missouri.

(No, it doesn't. Learn to internets, moron!)

When guests attempt to give me grief over that, here's the look I give them...

Kkd57l3.gif

Most of the reviews on my store are critical of the size of the front lanes, which is indeed very small, and the location of the store, and the layout of the store which can be attributed to the age of the building. A lot praise the cleanliness, check out speed, and overall helpfulness of the sales floor team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back