What is a pip

Does a pip (performance improvement plan) replace corrective action? What is it exactly and is it the same as corrective or ?

Does a pip (performance improvement plan) replace corrective action? What is it exactly and is it the same as corrective or ?
It’s between a performance conversation and a CA. It’s not necessary to put someone on a CA and it’s more a tool/resource than a requirement. It’s basically saying fix XYZ or you will be placed on a corrective. Also some leaders use them instead of a performance conversation. Either a conversation or a PIP can be used to initiate a CA

If you are out on a PIP you are on your way out the door. Its just a way of them covering themselves so they can say they tried to help you improve but then they fire you anyway.

If you are out on a PIP you are on your way out the door. Its just a way of them covering themselves so they can say they tried to help you improve but then they fire you anyway.
I think of it more as an actual thing to help a person improve, that’s how we do it with my team, since I have seen people put straight from PDDs to a corrective if we wanted them out the door

PIP = PDD
PIP is not PDD
PIP= performance improvement plan
A PDD was a personal documented discussion which is the same thing as a performance conversation. A performance conversation is a PDD. The idea of a PIP is basically the end part of the old PDDs that specifies behavior changes.

There is no PDD anymore since the move to Workday. Performance conversation is now a part of the Performance Improvement Plan.

Just like PDDs, PIPs are not to be shown to the TMs. The only "write ups" that a TM will see is a CA or a Final.

So, PIP takes the place of PDDs, while also encompassing correctives and finals

Last edited:
There is no PDD anymore since the move to Workday. Performance conversation is now a Performance Improvement Plan.

Just like PDDs, PIPs are not to be shown to the TMs. The only "write ups" that a TM will see is a CA or a Final.

So, PIP takes the place of PDDs, while also encompassing correctives and finals
PDD is now a “ Performance conversation”. There are 3 things now:
1. Performance conversation
2. Performance improvement plan
3. Corrective action

A PC is a typical “hey I told so and so to not do this”
A PIP is “hey stop doing this or you will be placed on a CA”
A CA is “hey don’t do this or you will lose your job”
Both a PIP and a PC can be used to initiate a CA but you only need to use one.

Attachments

• 6AC5612A-4E56-447F-9468-4A2ED3BF11F2.jpeg
    6AC5612A-4E56-447F-9468-4A2ED3BF11F2.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 45
If you have had some Performance coaching’s from your store director. Can you be placed on a final CCA without being placed on a regular CCA

Back