Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for bumping this up.

Someone pooped in the fitting room and put it on the walls last night.

A man left his bloody shirt in a fitting room for me that he had just stabbed a guy down the street in. He got a fresh one out of a package of hanes.

A full child's underwear of stomach flu. It was a princess one.

I also found a very soaked tampon and used Condom in the same fitting room. The worse part of it was cleaning everything off the walls of those smalls rooms. I hear for some girls that time of the month makes them crazy.

This was taken in the ladies room at my old store, if I remember correctly the cart attendant that cleaned it up was given free lunch and a $15 Target gift card for his heroism
NSFW: http://imgur.com/rQE7HH2

I've had my fair share of those in my CA days... Lol. Yuck.

Otherwise, nothing too crazy, did have a trail of puke I had to clean up once, think it was from a little kid because it had pieces of Food Ave hot dog or something IIRC, I guess Mom didn't care and just kept shopping. Sad :(

A child threw up in one of the trash cans in the cafe so we were treated to the scent of vomit wafting through the area. Kept the cafe cleared out, tho. Nobody wanted to sit & eat their lunch there.
Changing out the trash bags didn't help much, either.

I didn't see this but I overheard my (very large and very ugly) lead having anal with her bf in her private office as I was waiting to talk to HR.. but I mentally picture it everytime she bent over (picking up boxes and stuff) for the 2 more weeks she worked for company

The usual.. sh*t all over the women's restroom. Someone told me that one time there was a trail of it from the pharmacy to the restroom. I've gone in to help out a male GSTL with restroom check, and had to turn around, run out and take some deep breaths (outside of course) to keep from vomiting. All my bitching about wanting to cross train for anything for more hours... cart attendant is the one I won't touch, since at my store at least, they are the ones that have to clean that up. I did a restroom check once and the handicapped toilet was backed up and full of sh*t. I came out and told the GSA that we needed the cart attendant in there. She asked me why I didn't clean it up. I told her dead straight face "They don't pay me enough"

Another gross moment, I wish ringing up a guest and picked up a case of dog food off the belt, only to find it slimy and wet on the bottom, with god knows what. All I know is it STANK. I have no clue how she didn't notice it herself. I had to have my GSTL come over and take over my line so I could dryheave and wash my hands 10 times. I have a very weak stomach when it comes to smells.

Not terribly gross, but the Pet transition in early June, late May for us (we were a week ahead on POG! Yay us!) but we were cleaning under the base decks and really old laundry detergent that was like jelly on the floor. Had to use a scraper and A LOT of spitfire. And then the Grocery transition under the baking aisle base deck was a mound of sugar hard as a rock. Had to use a chisel and a hammer to even make a dent in it!

Last Friday I had a cashier point out to me what looked like a code brown on the racetrack between shoes and RTW. I called my LOD over and helped her clean it up. We thought it was a dog, because we'd had a big service poodle in a bit earlier. Then I noticed that there was more...kind of like a trail...leading all the way back to one spot and into the men's bathroom into the handicap stall, which had water and bits of TP and shit (literally) all over the floor and all over the restroom proper's floor, one spot floor, had been tracked as far as the door to guest services. I had to clean almost all of that up, except for a bit of help I got from our bike builder in the men's room proper. Didn't have the heart to tell my LOD that I never actually took the cleaning up hazardous materials course. It's part of the GSA learning plan, but it was just checked off on there and the training itself was never keyed (because I never took it) - probably some sort of OSHA complaint in there somewhere, or something like that.

A few months ago we had a gentleman who (unbeknownst to us) had recently been released from the hospital start vomiting blood on the entranceway in front of the entrance doors from a bleeding ulcer. Crazy how much blood a person can vomit without passing out.

As a bonus, one that wasn't particularly gross but was fragrant. In the tea aisle, someone knocked over several of the pre-made tea boxes, which basically exploded all over the aisle, the tea, the shelves, everywhere. The scent was rather...pungent, somewhat like sticking wet teabags up your nose.

Had to attempt to block off the aisle with a barricade of carts while I spent a couple hours cleaning it, and guests would still push the carts with wet floor signs out of the way and come walking towards me as I told them to please stop, there was a spill and it was a safety hazard blah blah. If grandma had slipped and broken a hip I would've told them to check the cameras to see me waving at them and gesturing to get the hell outta the aisle. People are dumb.

We had a guest code brown on the shelf of one of the aisles in market not too long ago. what is wrong with people?

Last edited:
A few months ago we had a gentleman who (unbeknownst to us) had recently been released from the hospital start vomiting blood on the entranceway in front of the entrance doors from a bleeding ulcer. Crazy how much blood a person can vomit without passing out.

Having gone through that very thing, speaking from experience, it's probably one of the worse experiences that didn't't involve chopping or searing things I've ever had.

Having gone through that very thing, speaking from experience, it's probably one of the worse experiences that didn't't involve chopping or searing things I've ever had.
After I had surgery on my upper jaw, a lot of blood from my sinuses drained into my stomach. My first night in the hospital had a lovely routine. Wakeup, puke up blood, hit the nurse call button, wait for nurse to arrive, get clean bucket, hit button for morphine, pass back out for a few hours. The first time it happened, the bucket had not yet been given to me and the nurse didn't get there in time soooo I puked all over the floor. Man did that night nurse dislike me.

As a FRO, the worst thing I've cleaned up is semen and the thongs the guy used to get off on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 104
As a FRO, the worst thing I've cleaned up is semen and the thongs the guy used to get off on.
At least you don't have carpeted fitting rooms. Two of the corner fitting rooms start smelling dank or like urine (depending how recently someone's peed in it) whenever it gets humid and we have to get the cleaning crew to try and clean it back up.

Then there was crusty leavings of wiped-up vomit in the corner in one of the rooms from the night before, because the cleaning crew didn't bother to do their job.

When I worked as a TPS I got called to the men's restroom for a fudge dragon in the urinal. I was a recent hire, and the first TPS my store had in half a year, so my STL (jokingly) said it was my fault, and someone wasn't happy with our new uniformed security presence. Me and him joked around a lot after that, he was my favorite STL.

We have a homeless person who comes in and uses the pharmacy bathroom and trends to spray poop all over the wall. That and the guest who created a code Brown in food ave and washed his hands IN THE SODA DISPENSER.

Walking in to the little old lady who pooped her britches & was rinsing them out in the sink, standing bare-butt not far from the door.
I fetched a towel from the cart att closet for her to wrap up in while she waited for her daughter to bring her a change.
That sink, tho.....

Yikes! I never realized how many "pooh" issues we have at work. I think a kiosk of adult diapers should be set up by main entrance and SLFE (shit lead front end) can vibe it out with each guest. Lol

Bumping up this post.

Last week I was cashiering and we were super slow so the GSA had me straightening up the purse and wallet area and I decide to straighten up the umbrellas also. There were a bunch covering up the endcap so I moved them to the side. I saw a Starbucks drink down there and picked it up only to notice green mold inside the half emptied cup of what was probably once a frappacino. I have a pretty strong stomach but I gagged. I don't even wanna know how long it was there.

Using the trash compactor is always a lovely experience.
There's years old sludge caked onto the walls from all the rancid milk and other stuff leaking from the bags as you throw them inside.

Years ago there was a kid yelling at his mother that he had to go to the bathroom near the bike wall. She wouldn't let him and he shit his pants. She then proceeded to drag him to the pharmacy bathroom leaving a smear trail all the way through the store.

Also found rotting meat, dead animals, and other bodily fluids in the stockroom. AND witnessed someone dump raw sewage in the compactor when the food ave pipes clogged badly.

Last summer, we found a a full pallet (~150 pcs) of wet cat food, all covered in maggots. The stench was something else entirely. Damn near lost my lunch.

Probably a one foot long turd in the men's restroom toilet with tons of toilet paper wrapped underneath it like a smelly chocolate hot dog.:p

Someone was smoking heroin in the stall for people with disabilities while I was at the urinal. I thought it was meth and I was freaked out about what kind of second-hand shit I was inhaling, but it turned out to be heroin.

Its a tossup between the package of deli meat lying on top of the bar soap (no idea how long it'd been there) or the package of ground beef that had been sitting in a cart aaaallll night (found it the next morning during unload).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back