Archived What's up with the revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on? A revision for toddler world they has two actual changes. 17 label strips??! What?

Education Systems. Maybe 10 changes. But EVERY schematic number changes.

Where is the time to do this coming from? I'm not given time to replace each and every label. It's crazy.

I MySupported this today. Something is screwed up somewhere.

Has anyone else had this happen? Did you replace each label?

We had the whole toy section revisions today. Maybe 5 things change, but had a strip for every shelf. It's stupid wastes my time when we could be getting caught up on three week old crap and stupid SPLs. Someone at HQ must be extreme OCD or something. Adding .03 here .02 here... really?

I just can't imagine SOMEONE creates these. Runforacallbox ... Did you guys go back and reprint the entire pog for education? I didn't.

I think this happened in the freezer in the ice cream section. 1-1-2 became 1-1-1.02 or something similar. wtf. Product location didn't change, just the decimal added onto the schematic.

Makes you wonder if there aren't some corp dweebs in a cubical somewhere laughing about how much chaos they can generate:
"Okay, so we're cutting payroll during xx weeks. Let's throw in some useless revisions without giving them hrs & see if they make it!"
"If they succeed, then the cuts are permanent."

I think the huge unnecessary revision problem is related to the recent problems with ridiculous label spacing on labelstrips. Take DVDs - 8 DVDs fit on a 4 foot shelf. Somehow lately Target forgot how to print a labelstrip with 8 evenly spaced
labels on it. They often have the last few labels crammed in at the end.

The problem may not be in the printing but in the programmed instruction on how many inches down the strip to start each label. Next wacko labelstrip I see I'll check the line listing to see if the wrong measurements are listed, resulting in wrong placement of the labels.

If the line listing changes even one label position by 1/10th inch, a revision label strip seems to be generated, and the slightly moved label is given a new schematic number. Maybe a lot of slight, unnoticed spacing errors cause so many extra strips to be printed.

I only had one issue with the evenly spaced ones, @TiedAndDropped. Thank god...

Why can't stores print out label strips? I will never understand this.

global issues with label strips/schematics was told by my support they are working on it and that was 4 months ago.

I've also seen POGs where label strips were updated but nothing changes but it was because the prices had changed. Replace the label strip so you don't have a stack of adhesive labels stuck on the strip.

I just can't imagine SOMEONE creates these. Runforacallbox ... Did you guys go back and reprint the entire pog for education? I didn't.
I'm not sure, I left before they've even got to the back wall. I was about to go into OT. But we probably did not.

I had issues with the construction 2 revision, I just left it the way the strips set it up (a 99.99 item with roughly 2 inches for a facing next to a $39.99 item with enough room for two facings-but only needs 1???)

I also didn't get any label strips for the infant Hardlines revisions this week, which makes things harder!

I can't stand the revisions where the schematic only changes by a decimal. Invevitably someone will notice if you don't put the strip in because it's not 1-1-1 anymore, that 1-1-1.01 really makes a difference.

I've also seen POGs where label strips were updated but nothing changes but it was because the prices had changed. Replace the label strip so you don't have a stack of adhesive labels stuck on the strip.
Have seen label strips that seem to have no changes, but when you look carefully it turns out that some DPCIs have become newly dual-located, and have a new asterisk.

But that's the exception - most of these unnecessary label strips are the result of human/computer error.

This has actually been going on for MONTHS! At least 2!

I concluded someone in the corporate is AN IDIOT. This issue must no longer be ignored and must be escalated to a HIGHER complaint!

We can PROTEST and get that moron fired and replaced with someone more competent!!!

Last edited:
I just brought this up to my DTL who use to be our regional merchandiser Leader...... She told me she's going to get to the bottom of this.... You guys are not alone!

Bottom of this?

Man, they are gonna take forever. This is ridiculous! This issue must be escalated NOW.

Last edited:
Who is the lead manager of whoever design these revisions/pog in this? That's who we need to talk to!

Last edited:
I just brought this up to my DTL who use to be our regional merchandiser Leader...... She told me she's going to get to the bottom of this.... You guys are not alone!

Bottom of this?

Man, they are gonna take forever. This is ridiculous!

Thats What I thought, but I have a team of Peeps coming to corporate to look at all the issues/problems were having, next week.... So hopefully there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel....

This obviously is not just a single store issue, it is a wide issue across many stores!

You have to also account for many Revision people that don't know about this forum, are also having this same problem!

WHY in the hell they would take a look next week not THIS week?

They don't seem to ever care how much TIME is wasted needlessly, to them, this crap don't need to be solved ASAP but weeks and month. Yet they think somehow people can do the work in half of the time, when they don't even do the work themselves!

This is WHY Target is failing and losing my respect- major issues are OFTEN ignored for a LONG time! And, their only solution to hire new, cheap employees while NEVER fix a big problem the old employees are having issues with, thinking new employee are better at the job?! *Sigh*

Last edited:
This happens in entertainment all the time. So annoying.

At least Entertainment is the EASIEST department in the whole store. In other areas such as HBA for Food... NIGHTMARE! And, most likely you will also encounter so much shit in the wrong place too!

I would choose Entertainment anyday!

Last edited:
I think the huge unnecessary revision problem is related to the recent problems with ridiculous label spacing on labelstrips. Take DVDs - 8 DVDs fit on a 4 foot shelf. Somehow lately Target forgot how to print a labelstrip with 8 evenly spaced
labels on it. They often have the last few labels crammed in at the end.

The problem may not be in the printing but in the programmed instruction on how many inches down the strip to start each label. Next wacko labelstrip I see I'll check the line listing to see if the wrong measurements are listed, resulting in wrong placement of the labels.

If the line listing changes even one label position by 1/10th inch, a revision label strip seems to be generated, and the slightly moved label is given a new schematic number. Maybe a lot of slight, unnoticed spacing errors cause so many extra strips to be printed.

You may be right, but still it is STUPID idea and waste of time. These fools have no idea how much time has been wasted and misery caused because of this, cuz they don't do it themselves!

POG setters still have to remove everything off the shelves, and re-push. These morons have ANY CLUE of this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back