When is a good time to try to transfer to a different work center?

IHaveNoIdea

Food and Beverage "Expert"
I've been in the Market and Pfresh work center since I started the job (last November), and for months feel like it was a major mistake and should have went for a different position. I really feel I need a change, but other work centers seem to want team members that work early mornings, like 6 AM, or until after closing which I am unavailable. Meanwhile, I'm seeing new hires constantly coming in at all times of the day, not just early or late. Has anyone here had "success" stories of being able to transfer to another work center? I'm barely hanging on in here and rather not quit.

Availability will be you biggest issue it would seem, ive worked in nearly all departments of the store. Talk with your etl, hr etl, or sd. You should of had an availability conversation before q4 and that would of been a good time to bring it up since it was all about investing in the current team and making sure all current team members were happy before hiring seasonal tms.

Availability will be you biggest issue it would seem, ive worked in nearly all departments of the store. Talk with your etl, hr etl, or sd. You should of had an availability conversation before q4 and that would of been a good time to bring it up since it was all about investing in the current team and making sure all current team members were happy before hiring seasonal tms.
Unfortunately, I was told that there wasn't enough people sufficiently trained in my work center (due to promotions, resignations, etc) for me to be let go until at least after Thanksgiving. Of course, I probably might just quit after all.

Obviously i dont know your story, but as a tl i will not take anyone from another center if they are not doing a good job, have good attendance, and have an availability that works for me. All equally important. Tbf the schedules should all be made already from now till black friday so i wouldnt expect them to change anything till atleast then anyway. Food and beverage seems to be a problem area for backfill in a lot of stores, so it does make it a little difficult to get out of.

Spring-Summer. Maybe pick up hours post-holiday in different work centers to get your feet wet. Then

Stores tend to go into auto-pilot (DO NOT DISTURB) mode during the holiday time. After holidays, it is usually calmer.

Back