Archived Who writes the weekly schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in the store writes the weekly schedule?

Is it made by each department manager? Is it made by HR? Is it made by the computer?

It could be the TLs, ETLs, or HR. My TL makes mine.

At my store, the salesfloor and softlines ETLs make theirs. The perishables TLs make theirs. The flow, BR, and PP TLs make theirs. But it doesn't matter because our STL changes them to however she wants without talking to anyone.

Who in the store writes the weekly schedule?

Is it made by each department manager? Is it made by HR? Is it made by the computer?

Initially the computer does the whole schedule but does a fairly awful job of it. ASANTS is spot on -- its always wise to figure out who writes for your work center.

They throw all the names up in the air and the ones that land face up get hours.

Or the computer does it. Then they try to make it work but sometimes it's so very fucked up. No one ever get's their full availability and we're still short staffed. Something is very wrong with our schedule making.

I feel like the goal is to schedule as few people as possible, then when the checklanes or guest service get backed up, they just pull other TMs from their positions, and now no ones on the floor to assist guests or push, which gives the TL/ETL an excuse to complain about nothing ever getting done!!

ASANTS for sure, but in our store STL gives hours to ETLs and they in turn break them down for their TLs and the TLs are the ones that actually do the scheduling in their depts. Of course it's all sent to HR after that and approved and published to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back