Archived Wic guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cashiering the express lane the other day and this guest had like 50 of wic food check items it was funny how could she not have known this was the express lane a lot of guests in my lane left mad

Welcome to express! Unfortunately, express is riddled with people who think that "Fifteen items or less" does not apply to them.

I miss the express lanes. The only time I didn't hate life as a cashier was when I was on express.

Welcome to express! Unfortunately, express is riddled with people who think that "Fifteen items or less" does not apply to them.

Ours were ten items or less.

I also love the people that think 15 items or less means 15 unique UPCs or less. I don't care if you have 10 of the same can of soup... that is ten items, not one.

My store does not accept WIC. (We do take other kinds of food stamps though).

Most people in the express lane seem to understand that the goal is to get in and out quick.

I would have pulled that WIC guest to another register with a good cashier. Or with our ETL-GE who is a dick about red cards.

Never again would you make a mistake like that again if you have to suffer through his red card assault. #1 in complains by name on surveys.

Our store is very strict about express lanes. Whenever I see a guest come up with a lot of items, I tell them to go to another register. Our express lanes are 10 items and less, and the most I would take it maybe 15.

I always get WIC checks when I'm backing up. Some people are nice about it taking extra time, but it's awful when the people with the WIC check complain about it being longer than a normal transaction. :confused:

I always get WIC checks when I'm backing up. Some people are nice about it taking extra time, but it's awful when the people with the WIC check complain about it being longer than a normal transaction. :confused:

Yeah, because it's our fault that the process takes longer than a traditional sale, not the government's fault. At my store, it takes longer because we have to wait for the GSTL/GSA to do the transaction - only GSAs and higher are WIC-trained at my store.

For those who take WIC, what do you do if an item isn't WIC approved in the store, even though it is clearly the right item. Our etl and stl have our heads if we override it.

Yeah, because it's our fault that the process takes longer than a traditional sale, not the government's fault. At my store, it takes longer because we have to wait for the GSTL/GSA to do the transaction - only GSAs and higher are WIC-trained at my store.

At our store all the cashiers were trained to to do it.
Why the hell would you only train the GSA's and above to handle something so basic?
For that matter why do you want to call attention to the person who has to use WIC like that?

At my store WIC can be a real PITA. I was going through the checks and a cashier wrote "Target" where I was supposed to put our WIC stamp for our store, it was on not one, but THREE of the WIC checks. I think you could see steam coming out of my ears. We just lost a butt load of money because a cashier didn't know what they were doing.

WIC for GSA and up seems absurd. Only payments we usually have GSA's handle are purchase orders.

For those who take WIC, what do you do if an item isn't WIC approved in the store, even though it is clearly the right item. Our etl and stl have our heads if we override it.
If I'm 150% positive it should be a WIC-approved item, I override it and send it in to MySupport. I've had to do this quite a bit actually.

After some cashier fucked up a WIC transaction that was actually an undercover inspection, we have to get a GS(A/TL) to oversee all the transactions. :|

Bloody pain in the ass, especially when we're busy as hell.

If I'm 150% positive it should be a WIC-approved item, I override it and send it in to MySupport. I've had to do this quite a bit actually.

I have been told never to override WIC, but rather to just type in a store coupon for the amount of the item that's not going through. Overriding it apparently is a really bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back