Archived Wrongful termination? NEED FEEDBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was not expecting to get let go from a wonderful political store that I worked in, keep in mind our store was the district store so we had a lot of visits all the time and our ETLS/ new STL were very close to district. Anyhow, a little back round on me I was cross trained in multiple departments including guest service, electronics, hardline, price change, market, anything you name it but excluding Starbucks and food ave. During the holidays I am on the floor and in electronics which i LOVED but anyways.

Been with the company for 6 long years, and yes the company has changed a lot since i have started. Well my main work center was front end ( guest service, cashier and photolab )

My main write ups was being late a few times which was back in june, loafing and now what put me over was this situation i need help with.

I was on my day off shopping at a different target store in civilian clothes with my boyfriend (who also was let go from the store two weeks prior to me) exchanging a product.
Now this store was declining the return even tho we had a valid receipt dated within 90 days, and all of the products packaging all he wanted was an exchange.
We went thru the train of managers gstl/gsa to LOD. Now consider this Target just launched this new thing providing best guest practice which this store was not giving and i knew that obviously since they were declining the return, and refusing to call guest relations for me. Which at our store we did for our guests who wanted to return products and we were giving a hard time for and guess what guest relations will have you do a NO RECEIPT return if you call most of the time depending on the situation. Well the LOD i dealt with, was dead set on saying NO, AND NO AND NO WE ARE NOT CALLING. I left the store fine and life goes on i told my boyfriend lets just have apple deal with this issue blah blah blah.

now we called a different store in the district they apologized for the inconvenience and was HAPPY to return exchange the product no problem, and yes all it was 10 mins in and out of the store.
such politics in the store...

A FEW DAYS GO BY...

I got sat down in the office by my manager questioning me about what happened at such and such store... and before I had a change to speak she explained the LOD HR called my store, complained about my behavior saying i was rude, hostile, belligerent, and list goes on which I was NOT at all and yes TARGET HAS CAMERAS THANK GOD RIGHT? and explained to me that I failed to provide targets best practice, well I was not aware that we have to be on our best behavior even at other stores while i am not on the clock working for target, besides I was just telling the LOD to call guest relations which he failed to do so, was I at fault for that? Life goes on, so I explained my self to my boss, her mind was made up already before i had a chance to speak. I still told the truth, expressed how i felt about the situation and how it is unfair. No one has ever told me that you have to be pretty much target everywhere you go even while you are not working.

So my question is... is that a legitament write up ? If so how, and how is it that store knew what store i even worked at? Some people knew who I was but again i was not in target clothes at all. I felt like the LOD who delt with me just didnt like the fact I asked him to do his job as a LOD and didn't do so called my store and complained about me which is slander on so many levels. The team members I worked with KNOW me, and know my behavior and found it hard to believe that is true. which obviously I know how i acted and it was not how that man described me.

My other question is .. is another store opinion of me able to affect the opinion of me at my store? CAN A LOD'S input be involved at my store pretty much?

Now if i went to a different store which no one knew who i was i know for a fact i would have my job as we are speaking.

What are the rules while you are shopping at a different target store on your day off because apparently they must exist and if not my civil rights were violated.

Please help me out here TEAM! lol

the team is extremely upset about my termination, and I know that I walked out in tears and other peoples tears followed. I was one of the best on the team honestly, I had a pretty big impact on that store, whenever we were short I was there I worked long shifts 16 hours on black friday, and the night before setting up for black friday.
I came in at 5 am, when the team was short on setting up the AD.
I was the girl who helped out other departments all the time.
I was the girl who provided one of the best guest service I have a letter that was even sent out by a guest for it.
I even created a donation program that I was so close to submitting to have EVERY target practice my method of it at guest service. which hopefully my store will continue to do.
I may have been late here and there but, my work was dedicated and hard. I helped that store so much, and I spoke out and i feel like my STL did not like that what so ever because I was for equality for the team, and I was just a regular team member.

I loved my job, and most of the people I worked with. That one manager of mine just never liked me to the fullest and hated me for it and she finally had a bull**** reason to excuse me from my job which is completely unfair.

please provide thoughts and feed back thank you.

So my question is... is that a legitament write up ? If so how, and how is it that store knew what store i even worked at? Some people knew who I was but again i was not in target clothes at all. I felt like the LOD who delt with me just didnt like the fact I asked him to do his job as a LOD and didn't do so called my store and complained about me which is slander on so many levels. The team members I worked with KNOW me, and know my behavior and found it hard to believe that is true. which obviously I know how i acted and it was not how that man described me.

My other question is .. is another store opinion of me able to affect the opinion of me at my store? CAN A LOD'S input be involved at my store pretty much?

Now if i went to a different store which no one knew who i was i know for a fact i would have my job as we are speaking.

What are the rules while you are shopping at a different target store on your day off because apparently they must exist and if not my civil rights were violated.

Please help me out here TEAM! lol

You use your Target discount card & they automatically know how to find out where you work.

If you were only demanding what any non employee was also entitled to, I think you have a case against them. Target should treat their employees just like they treat their other customers, at the very least.

I am sorry but i agree with the outcome of this behavior. You represent the company on and off the clock. So the Etl was within her or his rights to let you go.

Regardless if I represent the company, I have rights too for as a team memeber with a valid return just because I worked for the company doesn't seem fair to be declined the return and at another store accepted how does that work?

And I was not yelling, hostile, or nothing what was stated. I was very firm with asking the store to call guest relations, and they refused too and now if a guest was treated that way at the store I worked at who ever would have been working, would have been coached for not providing proper guest service. I could understand if I knew the return was not valid and I was trying to get away with return fraud, but truth is I was not at all recpict and fully packaging was there, and the other store apolgized for how that store treated me as a guest. They had no idea I was a team member it's no one else's business who I am outside of red shirt.

Another debate now if you always rep the company what if a person goes out to a bar gets drunk and gets in trouble with the law of some sort, they should be fired of that too? One of my STLs shared with us he had a prior DUI so your point to me is not valid

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

File for unemployment and talk with an employment lawyer. You'll get much clearer answers that way. My opinion won't get you far. A lawyer's opinion could get you some sort of monetary compensation from Target.

I loved my job, and most of the people I worked with. That one manager of mine just never liked me to the fullest and hated me for it and she finally had a bull**** reason to excuse me from my job which is completely unfair.

So, what specifically were you let go for? From the information you provided this does sound pretty sketchy.

I would go for that unemployment and move on!

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

Is this real life..?

Back to the OP, what was the reason they wouldn't return it? With what you're describing and especially with the Vibe, I don't see why they would give you such a difficult time. I'd be pissed too if I was terminated because I called out another store OFF THE CLOCK for doing their job wrong.

odd that you couldn't exchange with a valid receipt. the only time i've seen that happen was when our cart attendant was lifting receipts and using other tm receipts, then stealing the stuff on the receipts and returning them. took them 3 months to catch up to him, then he got to do the walk of shame in handcuffs.

i feel like we're missing some details here. what type of product were you trying to return exactly?

The product was an apple iPad everything matched serial numbers and all it kept on glitching we even called apple about the product and they said yes go ahead and exchange the product in the store if you have a receipt now this is the twist to the story my boyfriend who also worked for my store was terminated before me which he was only there for about a year and even hr pulled me in the office the same day making sure I felt job security and I have nothing to do with him we are separate entities. Now he had some slander based on his behalf we worked whole different shifts he was an over night TM. Now he was trespassed in the store considering how things went with him after he got let go. So therefore we could not go back to the same store where he bought it from, and I was not going to go on in detail about that sisuation to the other store since A it is no ones business and B we only wanted an exchange on the product ect. Now the stores excuse was they were not taking it back because they will not receive credit since the product was defect which I knew was bs because I work returns I have personally exchanged iPads and returned iPads target gets credit for all CRC returns as long as the packaging is all there. I didn't even argue that point to them I let that go hence the other store who accepted the return and apologized for the Inconvience and didn't even question why we wanted an exchange just verified everything and exchanged that's exactly how business at target should be done

Stupid question, why not take it back your home store? Something is missing here.
Just a possibilty:
She prolly lives near anther target and went there instead.
I live 2 mins away from another target and I work at one 35 mins away.
I dunno though.
Or she could have been running errands and happened to stop at a Target near her errands?
*shrug*

A little bit of a tricky sisuation right? The point is, I was a normal civilian with an ex team member who had slander which made me look like a bad guy for no reason all because I was dating him why should I have been affected even while hr made a point to me saying everything is fine with you. The day I got let go my stl saw me and I kinda felt a strange feeling and hr completely avoided me.

Regardless if I represent the company, I have rights too for as a team memeber with a valid return just because I worked for the company doesn't seem fair to be declined the return and at another store accepted how does that work?

Dude, let's be real, ok?

The fact is, you went to another store to begin with because you knew what you were going to do would get you in trouble at your store. The store you went to wasn't going to play that game and shut you down. So what did you do? Went and tried again at another store.

What you did is no different than a guest that tries to pull a fast one at one store, guest services catches on to it, and the guest goes to another store in hopes they can get away with it.

The fact is, you used your internal knowledge of Target policy in order to try to do something that a store told you NO.... so you hit up another store trying to do it anyway. And again, the fact is you went to another store to begin with because you knew if you did it at your store you would have been in trouble.

The issue here is that you are pissed the other store was smart enough to realize that you were a TM and reported you to your store. Next time, don't screw with your employer and company policy. Guests can get away with. For a TM? It usually ends badly for you.

So, what specifically were you let go for? From the information you provided this does sound pretty sketchy.

I would go for that unemployment and move on!

I am 99% sure the OP was trying to get guest services to make an exception to the return policy for them. That is the reason they went to another store than the one they worked at to begin with. The fact the first store had to call a GSA, then a GSTL, then the LOD and *all* of them told the OP hell no tells me that the OP was trying to get them break the return policy. The OP finally found a store willing to do it for them.

The issue here is that the OP knowingly tried to get a store to violate company policy for them. That is OK for a guest, but it absolutely unacceptable for a TM to do. Just because the OP went to another store than the one he worked at doesn't mean it is OK to try to get the store to violate policy for them. It is against company policy for a TM to get an exception to the return policy. Period. That is what was going on here.

There was nothing wrong with the return at all, we were not trying to pull a fast one the fact was my boyfriend was traspassed from my store it was his return and I was with him while he was exchanging it if you read everything above I just wrote. I caught people all the time doing return fraud I hate people who did it. The fact was the product actually was defective and we have a right to exchange it now when I was in the office my boss had no idea that the return was accepted a a different store

Is this real life..?

Back to the OP, what was the reason they wouldn't return it? With what you're describing and especially with the Vibe, I don't see why they would give you such a difficult time. I'd be pissed too if I was terminated because I called out another store OFF THE CLOCK for doing their job wrong.

Do you really think that the GSA, GSTL, and LOD were all "doing their job wrong"? Chances are, the OP was trying to blatantly get them to violate the return policy. I suspect the OP was termed for violating Target policy in regards to returns.

Stupid question, why not take it back your home store? Something is missing here.

Because the OP was trying to get the store to violate the return policy. The OP couldn't get away with it at his store (obviously), so he went to another store that would think he was a "guest" and possibly do it for him if he made a big enough scene.

We contacted apple first and we followed what they told us to do, and they said if target rejected it they would take care of it thru the mail or in store. Apple even said the iPad was defective. We had a big debate about guest returning iPads because of dissatistion and you have to return the product if packaging is there and everything matches that goes for computers that target sells any electronics as long as it doesn't look excessively used which the iPad did not. Was only 2 weeks out

And the etl explained to me it wasn't a question of the return or not it was the behavior ( hostile, beligerent and such ) she made that very clear to me which again I would love for everyone to view the tapes because you will see in the video I was not yelling as my store was told I was. I was very stir with advising the store to call guest relations like they were sopost to and they did not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back