Archived Yelp Reviews for your Store.

Give your "Yelp Review" of this website, The Break Room.

• Worst sandwich I ever had

• The book was better

• Made my cat sick

• I come here everyday! 5 stars!

• Broke out in a rash

• meh

• Employees are all drunks

• I've become addicted and have since lost my home and family

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of reviews complain about my store's restrooms. That's probably the only fair criticism, our bathrooms are frequently out of stock on supplies, and it takes us a long time to fix them.
Good thing they don't review our employee bathroom because it's always in worse condition compared to the public ones.

I was browsing Yelp for random target stores recently (don't ask why), and found these pictures with over-exaggerated captions that I posted in another thread:

View attachment 2050
OMG SAFETY HAZARD!!1! It's not like I can just walk around that gondola on the right...

View attachment 2051

Reviews of my store are overall pretty neutral.
Honestly those seem like legit complaints to me.

One person praised one of our older cashiers, one person knocked a different older cashier. Someone complained about how we don't ask people for permits to show that the animals that they have are service animals. I think that's funny because one of our GSTLs said to me something like "Oh that definitely looks like a service animal... :rolleyes:" when she saw someone walking around with a dog.

Nothing really juicy. Sad.

Honestly those seem like legit complaints to me.
Really? The first one, yeah that should not be there but it's hardly a safety hazard.

And the second one...that's what aisles look like when bowled out. What would you propose they do differently to make it less of a "land mine?"

All of my stores are old except one.

I mentioned it in the ttog thread a week or two ago. The lady was standing in the aisle screaming that she'd been waiting for 7 minutes. She called the store and the operator told her they'd send someone to her. She wanted a fitness band and the electronics TL was with another guest. I told her that to calm her and she was angry there's only one electronics TM at a time and that target was understaffing to make profits. I agreed with her and apologized but she didn't think I needed to apologize. Said it wasn't my fault.. And I heard her say the same thing to the TL when he finally got to her. She gave a super valid review with like 1 or 2 stars.

My store is a 4.5 of 5. Not as many reviews as I would have anticipated. The lowest being 3 stars & just stating that they think we have mediocre guest service compared to another nearby store.... Disappointing though because it's the most recent review. Oh well. Win some, lose some ...right?

My old store has terrible reviews. All well deserved. It was and still is a shitty store. The average is like 2.5 stars.

I remember one of our seasonal hires back in '14 brought the bad reviews up at a huddle. Our STL was not pleased. :rolleyes:

not bowl out boxes after the store is open ...

We're a 7am store and have just started bowling out boxes. The look of bewilderment on guests' faces when they reach the area Flow is working and try to go down an aisle is amazing. Almost always accompanied by a huff of frustration.

Bowling stuff out makes the store look so trashy...especially if you get a bad/lazy bowler. The first week we did it this TM kept throwing boxes down aisles. The poor kid who got stuck down the canned fruit aisle was so pissed, because half of his stuff was busted open and drenched in that nasty/sticky fruit juice because that one TM was too lazy to walk stuff to the location.

If my team bowled aisles that neat I'd beg a raise for them. Normally it's piled haphazardly, all over the aisle...

My bet is that is when they pushed some stores to 8am process to make flow help with guests on the floor, since they are the single biggest team. Than goodness that didn't last long.

I don't know what time that store starts at but as a 6am process I can tell you part of our flow team is still bowling out at 8am (30-45 minutes after the unload finished). They bowl market/chem/paper/hba and don't finish pushing those areas until after 10am unless it's a small truck.

The only way to avoid it would be to not bowl anything at all, or maybe just one of those departments. But that would cause pushing the rest from the pallets to take forever and have the complaints about pallets full of boxes everywhere.

2 recent reviews, the rest was old. Common theme is guest first and out of stock items. My rated 3 of 5 stars.

One person praised one of our older cashiers, one person knocked a different older cashier. Someone complained about how we don't ask people for permits to show that the animals that they have are service animals. I think that's funny because one of our GSTLs said to me something like "Oh that definitely looks like a service animal... :rolleyes:" when she saw someone walking around with a dog.

Nothing really juicy. Sad.

My go to for that is most 4-legged guests behave better than the little 2-legged ones running around.. Usually gets a smile and nod.. A dog has never hit me with a cart.

I remember looking at these on occasion, and I thus I knew after it was posted that one of them involved me. A guest found an item that was on a registry at one store. Well, that store only had the display model, so that store called to see if we had it. We did, so the guest wanted it held. We held it. The guest got here, and the price on their registry from that store was about 70% lower than ours. Apparently they were clearancing out there. Well, of course don't price match clearance. The guest was pissed and wanted to talk to our LOD.

The LOD at the time was in the TSC and basically blew us off. She refused to come talk to the guest, told me to tell the guest again we couldn't match the clearance price, but we could give her 10% off. I remembered that guest when I read that review. Boy, was that guest pissed that the LOD was "too busy" to come speak to her.

According to the review, she called corporate to whine and they basically told her, "oh well." I was surprised they didn't call us and make us give the item to the guest for that price.

My store only has two and it complaining about Starbucks and both are from 2011...

Oldest complains that the area is over-developed and that the store will make traffic worse, but better clientele than a WalMart would attract. Most of the others note young staff, and the need for more cashiers. I agree with the cashiers bit, LOL. All note that we're friendly and clean. 4 star average, lowest review is 3 stars, not too bad in my opinion.

It appears to have been deleted now but there was a scathing review of a fitting room operator, complete with the horrific details of her idea of guest service. Said team member has since been fired but damn, I wish that review was still up. It was a beauty.

My store has 76 reviews and is at 4/5 stars.

One TM was called out by name in a negative review, but they are Backroom and probably just didn't give a shit. :D

Well yeah that goes without saying. I'd like to be a millionaire but that ain't happening anytime soon either.

Its kind of obvious why they stock when open. So we have TMs on the floor so they can cut SF hours. I mean..thats literally what they did and the explanation given

Meant to respond to both of your btw haha

My store had like 10 reviews...none of that all that bad. Only negative comments seemed to be about Food Ave, Starbucks, and the Front end

Last edited:
It appears to have been deleted now but there was a scathing review of a fitting room operator, complete with the horrific details of her idea of guest service. Said team member has since been fired but damn, I wish that review was still up. It was a beauty.
Sometimes you can scroll down and there will be a link for hidden reviews. Things that Yelp doesn't think are helpful but aren't spam either.

The most recent review (1 star) for my store starts off with "This isn't a review for this location, it's a review for the company itself," and then she goes into a rant about her RedCard getting canceled because she hadn't used it in a year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back