MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m at a pilot store. I saw some papers in my ETL’s office, I’ll take a look and post back later about what’s up with the front end.
can you pm me the docs? I believe my hours were cut due to not having a degree and I want to see what happens with a potential lawsuit.

can you pm me the docs? I believe my hours were cut due to not having a degree and I want to see what happens with a potential lawsuit.
Could just be that time of the year where payroll are simply low. Evan as a TL, you aren't guaranteed hours.

Is there anyone at a DC, that can chime in, and talk about any changes there? I have yet to see any changes in the way product is delivered to the store (Which this, as well as enough equipment) is what will either sink or swim here, with this transition. (comparison being another Target Canada, but all Target.)
I'm pretty sure there is a DC being built or recently finished that is running the new model in the NYC area.

I'm pretty sure there is a DC being built or recently finished that is running the new model in the NYC area.

So, are they rebuilding all DCs, Right now, and remodeling every single one of them, to meet demands, that they themselves set? Keep in mind, this is to roll out a year from now (not much time).

And your not even "sure", just "pretty".

That is alarming.

Apologies if this has been asked before - I didn't see it in either thread, but how is this going to work in Small Flex Format Stores? I just became a Sr. TL - I'd hate to lose the position not long after taking it (considering it's been held up for a while).

I found the updated positions for everyone on the front end. Cart Attendant is now Front of Store Attendant. Big change is GSTL will be a lot more global, responsible for guest experience across the whole store (not just front end). GSAs stepping up to where GSTL was as the front end leader, at least by the information I read

Cart Attendant is now Front of Store Attendant.
2h6Nagd.gif

I found the updated positions for everyone on the front end. Cart Attendant is now Front of Store Attendant. Big change is GSTL will be a lot more global, responsible for guest experience across the whole store (not just front end). GSAs stepping up to where GSTL was as the front end leader, at least by the information I read
Uh then they better raise that GSA pay back up lol

Apologies if this has been asked before - I didn't see it in either thread, but how is this going to work in Small Flex Format Stores? I just became a Sr. TL - I'd hate to lose the position not long after taking it (considering it's been held up for a while).

I was told flex format store remain the same even when it rolls out.

A degree should have no bearing on your hours or promotional opportunities before or after this roll out. I don't have a degree and I can promote to ETL(old)/Leader(new) without one. This change was implemented company wide over a year ago.

And yet GSA now starts out the same paygrade as a TM, or 'expert', or whatever it is now.

I’ve just got caught up on the thread and wow the corporate drones and shills populating this thread with double speak and Brave New World flag waving is amazing.

I did not think it was possible to drink that much Kool-Aid and still be functional so I applaud your conviction to a doomed cause. Because end to end has failed and a name change will not make this turd shine any better.

Base can have 3-5 leaders and 8-19 leads depending on store needs and not including HR and AP which are excluded from head count.
How much leeway are stores going to have in deciding how many leads to have? With such a wide range, it seems like it would be easy to abuse it by just promoting a bunch of favorites and having the existing leads pick up the slack of the suck-ups.

Alright so I heard at work today that for stores doing the pilot, team leaders (or leads) are now going to have set schedules, no wiggle room, no exceptions. I just accepted the new beauty & tech lead position, and they haven't really told me anything yet. But they all knew full well that I am still in college and i even said it in my interview, and I'm not going to be okay with the option for a flexible schedule taken away. I can work full time but I'd I need to work in the morning some days or a night other days like other team leaders were able to do. So is this true?
Set schedule doesn't necessarily mean the same schedule every day. It usually means the same schedule every week. So you can have your certain closing shifts and specific days off to work around your classes. And I don't see why it would be an issue changing it just once every semester.

I'm transcribing all of this because I don't want to compromise myself by posting pictures (call me paranoid)

shiny new job titles:

Leader:

Assets Protection Leader
Closing Leader
Food and Beverage Operations Leader
Food and Beverage Sales Leader
General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader
General Merchandise Sales Leader
Human Resources Leader
Inbound Operations Leader O/N
Service and Engagement Leader
Specialty Sales Leader

Lead

Assets Protection Lead
Beauty and Tech Lead
Beauty Lead
Closing Lead
Food and Beverage Closing Lead
Food and Beverage Lead
Food Service Lead
Fulfilment Operations Lead
General Merchandise Lead
Human Resources Lead
Inbound Operations Lead
Property Management Lead
Service and Engagement Lead
Sr. Human Resources Lead
Style Lead
Tech Lead

Team Member (Experts)

Assets Protection Expert
Back of Store Expert
Beauty Consultant
Engagement Advocate
Food and Beverage Expert
Food Service Expert
Front of Store Attendant
Fulfillment Expert
General Merchandise Expert
Human Resources Expert
Inbound Expert
Security Expert
Service Advocate
Service and Engagement Advocate
Style Consultant
Tech Consultant
Visual Merchandiser

role specific info:

Engagement Advocate (formerly Cashier):
  • You are the face of Target and interact with our guests each and every day.
  • Provide an easy, seamless checkout experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Champion self-checkout by inviting guests in, teaching guests and complete transactions for guests who do not want to self check.
  • Comply with all cash handling and safety related procedures.

Front of Store Attendant (formerly Cart Attendant):
  • Provide an easy, seamless shopping experience by keeping carts and baskets well stocked throughout the store and responding quickly to guest carry-outs and spills.
  • Maintain clean, stocked check lanes, restrooms, Mini Assistance Centers, spill stations, carts and baskets.
  • Clear the parking lot, sidewalks and doorways of carts, trash and snow (if applicable)
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest interaction and engagement techniques
  • Powered equipment certification, operation and safety (cart pusher)
  • Ability to consistently lift 40 lbs or more

Service Advocate (formerly Guest Service Desk):
  • Provide an easy, seamless order pickup, exchanges, or return experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Be passionate and provide exceptional service to every guest.
  • Share your knowledge and excitement of front of store services and attend to every guest.
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Service and Engagement Advocate (formerly Guest Service Attendant):
  • Welcome guests to the front of the store, directing guests and acting as their host.
  • Serve up an easy, no-wait experience at the check lane and all service areas.
  • Ensure every guest leaves happy and train peers to do the same.
  • Support the Service and Engagement Lead by managing front of store traffic and replenishing supplies, allowing the Service and Engagement Lead to focus on the guest experience and team development.
  • Provide a seamless checkout, return, registry and/or OPU experience by eliminating friction points for guests and team members
  • Perform cash office duties
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Service and Engagement Lead (formerly Guest Service Team Lead):
  • Live and lead a guest-centric team that delivers a seamless and easy experience in all front of store service areas.
  • Train and mentor new team members, providing direction to peers as necessary, and coaching your team in guest engagement and loyalty-building skills.
  • Identify and share staffing and scheduling needs with leader and actively assess candidates to select the right talent.
  • Motivate and recognize team members to strengthen engagement and cultivate teamwork.
  • Service as a role model, hold team members accountable to expectations and work quickly to address consistent performance gaps
  • Passion for delivering a consistently great guest experience
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-building techniques
  • In-depth knowledge of all front of store services (checkout, returns, registry and OPU)
  • Team member training and development
  • Business-specific talent assessment and selection
THIS PILOT WILL BE LIVE AND ACTIVE ON APRIL 2 IN TEST STORES

So, are they rebuilding all DCs, Right now, and remodeling every single one of them, to meet demands, that they themselves set? Keep in mind, this is to roll out a year from now (not much time).

And your not even "sure", just "pretty".

That is alarming.

Perth Amboy the new DC is NJ is the only one fully on this. However, they serve mainly flex format stores on the east coat.
The Fridley DC in MN was the original pilot, they built out a section of their building to try this with 1 store. They've expanded a bit but not much.

From a DC lvl we've not seen a lot of change, and most of the time frames we've been given is Q1 2019. We've had "Steam Teams" working on fixing the rollout problems quickly, but we're still not there yet.

The way my store did e2e, the task teams didn't really go away. They just have a different name. Flow TMs who worked softlines became A&A tms but they still do the early morning/flow tasks. A&A still isn't doing their own pricing/plano but I'm assuming one of them will come to a&a or something like that. Based on what I've been reading here, all the stores are doing this shit differently so we could end up with a bunch of different ways to do this modernization thing in the end.

but umm... Beauty and Tech Lead... is that going to be what becomes of the Electronics TL? Beauty and Tech is an interesting combo

but umm... Beauty and Tech Lead... is that going to be what becomes of the Electronics TL? Beauty and Tech is an interesting combo

likely in lower volume stores. there's individual Beauty Lead and Tech Lead as well

Back