MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any word on if every member of the General Merchandise team will have to be trained and signed off on using both the stacker and WAVE now? If there's no dedicated team in the backroom, and every member must be able to do pulls, then they should all have to learn how to use them, right?
The non minors at my store are all WAV and Crown certified (HL/POG teams). It's not that hard to train.

I don't have a dog or a cat and yet my pet department outsells others and can give a knee to the groin to the near my pet store? Why because I learned just enough to make myself functional.

So what is more important to you, being efficient or knowing. You can easily learn clothing and styles. 'Queer eye for the straight guy' 'Project runway' and 'fashion hunters' spend time listening to the talking heads on E! discuss trends in fashion and style. Do research.

or apply that fabulous efficiency to another department.

Sorry but thats all working off the clock. They want to pay me to learn this crap fine I will do it but I am not spending my personal tkme doing crap for work that doewnt interest me at all. Guess the zones and reshop really are the las thing on spots mind. Whcih invites a viscious snowball effect and completely destroys the idea of this specialized guest experience. Cant help the guest if you cant find the items. Smh this company comes up with the most ridiculously unexcutable ideas its sad

Last edited:
Yes, and most are baler trained too. We have 3 sets of equipment keys in addition to them being part of electronics, backroom, GSTL, and beauty keys.

I don't have a dog or a cat and yet my pet department outsells others and can give a knee to the groin to the near my pet store? Why because I learned just enough to make myself functional.

So what is more important to you, being efficient or knowing. You can easily learn clothing and styles. 'Queer eye for the straight guy' 'Project runway' and 'fashion hunters' spend time listening to the talking heads on E! discuss trends in fashion and style. Do research.

or apply that fabulous efficiency to another department.
And why exactly should they spend their time away from work learning about things for work? Target wants us to know everything, well then they better give us some damn training for it instead of expecting us to do it off the clock.

I would like to add that beyond the frustration and annoyance coming from this change, there has also been a lot of sadness.

Many tears have already been shed over this in my store because there is a lot of loss involved. People are losing positions, teams, bosses, or even stores. Especially for those stores where your team is like a family, this is a really emotionally taxing time. So please be kind to one another and be sensitive to the fact that this is going to be harder on some people than others.
There haven't been any announcements at my store, but there is a certain..mood(?) around the store that's being set by my STL and some ETLs. The writing is on the wall that something is coming. We're all just holding our collective breaths

What is the Inbound Expert? Is that the new term for receiver or are they under the Back of Store Expert category?

What is the Inbound Expert? Is that the new term for receiver or are they under the Back of Store Expert category?
Inbound experts will be truck unload as the best correlation. Receiving will correlate with back of store experts.

We are being cautious at our store to say one job is like another new job. Because all jobs will be completely overhauled from what they are now.

FJj4kGC.gif

so you got video from the corporate meeting where all this silliness came from?

btw ol'Jack seems to be enjoying himself ;)

I am gonna go on limb and say in High Volume stores, Presentation will come back just after a disastrous BTS/BTC in Superfreaky stores.

Let, lone 4th Quarter..... The Luxury of having a Pog Team who come Christmas, can save Target's internet Dreams, while the rest of the year bringing their "clever ideas" to light.

I can't wait to see it, when, we aren't there.

(Saying this, I will probably end up in flexible, if this comes to light.)

Last edited:
@REDcardJJ thanks for taking the time to type all of that up!

@Flow Warrior can you please stop putting everything into separate posts? 13 posts in a row is a bit much.

I gotta admit that some of the job titles would look nice on a resume when you finally leave before the shitstorm
Exactly what I was thinking.

but umm... Beauty and Tech Lead... is that going to be what becomes of the Electronics TL? Beauty and Tech is an interesting combo
Right? I get that they're both small departments, but they are pretty much always going to be on opposite sides of the store.

What is a mini assistance center?
Price checker?

Honestly, a LOT different, but eager to try new things. I see new opportunities here arising from the many new "Lead" positions. I foresee myself and everyone else I know will use the old lingo, but who cares.

Sorry but thats all working off the clock. They want to pay me to learn this crap fine I will do it but I am not spending my personal tkme doing crap for work that doewnt interest me at all. Guess the zones and reshop really are the las thing on spots mind. Whcih invites a viscious snowball effect and completely destroys the idea of this specialized guest experience. Cant help the guest if you cant find the items. Smh this company comes up with the most ridiculously unexcutable ideas its sad
Then my suggestion is time to promote yourself to guest and go find something that does interest you. I get what Spot wants. It wants its TMs to WANT to be there, to be invested in the company and the guests and the brand. However, most people won't ever be because of a lot different reasons. We all should always want to grow with ourselves. One of the reasons why I post here is that I Like to know what is going on and I can't always get that in store.

I stay at Target because my store is weary at times and it needs help. I couldn't save the hotel from dying but at least here I can try again.

I feel bad for you. But for me, bettering myself has always been time well spent. Its also how I got the best stories.

And why exactly should they spend their time away from work learning about things for work? Target wants us to know everything, well then they better give us some damn training for it instead of expecting us to do it off the clock.
Ok and what exactly would that entail? Come on. I suggested watching shows on Bravo and reading magazines. Not learning how to stitch crosshatch.

@REDcardJJ thanks for taking the time to type all of that up!

@Flow Warrior can you please stop putting everything into separate posts? 13 posts in a row is a bit much.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Right? I get that they're both small departments, but they are pretty much always going to be on opposite sides of the store.

Price checker?
There is no multipost function and I comment as I read. I write fiction. You would rather read a 5000 word comment or 13 15 word comments.

Back