MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And this is the obstacle nobody is willing to identify. There are tons of leaders who will be very "cheerleader" about all these fancy new titles, org chart changes, and talk about how we will have time to sell to our guests (such a vague and intangible action). But at the end of the day, Target is cheap. We get X amount of trucks with a certain amount of freight, we get Y amount of guests in our buildings with that many amounts of items. Those are the basics of our business to keep running. We HAVE to do those two things to keep the building running (for simplicity ignoring other portions). Target hasn't done anything to address these two tasks to make them take less payroll... and these org chart changes, while major, do not do a single thing to help those either. For once, could the company accurately assess its stores and roll out something that will actually directly improve its issues?

One of the things we share common ground on Rock Lobster, the additional burden this thing is going to bring makes no sense. What is going to solve? Most important, just how is it going to increase our profitability?

I am thoroughly convince that Target does not know the actual cost to staff a store to carryout it's current operational plan, let alone Store Modernization.

Even when we make sales now, we still have payroll issues for a whole variety of reasons that never seem to get addressed.

There is no multipost function and I comment as I read. I write fiction. You would rather read a 5000 word comment or 13 15 word comments.
I would rather skip over one giant post instead of 13 shorter posts. In fact, I might even start reading your posts again if you did that.

Just a question. Are the barista's expected to pull/push their deliveries now? With the amount of payroll they give you, I see no way this can be done while also keeping the Starbucks open. At my store, we only have one Starbucks TM working an 8 hour shift from X pm to closing (don't want to give away my location, corp hates me enough for starting this thread tbh). One of my ETL's used to work for a Safebux, so she covers the TM's lunch to avoid compliance. I have no idea how this roll-out will fare in my store, but it's Not My Problem.
Do your deliveries come on a busy day of the week or something? Ours arrives in the middle of the day on Tuesdays, and the receiver pushes it up to Starbucks. The TM works on it in between guests. Freezer items from the food truck get put on a tub in the freezer in the backroom, and they go get it whenever they have time.

I want to know if Target thinks it can last another 5.10,15 years making stupid changes like this.
End 2 end was a pretty spectacular failure. In my store electronics, beauty, and market were all e2e as of this past week when I left. And the brla was terrible in those 3 departments. One week the market team had 333 errors. The rest of the backroom had 6.
Eliminating the backroom might be the dumbest thing I've heard well it was until I heard about getting rid of price/plano.
There are some team members that are a lot better at logistics than they are at guest service.
This seems like a restaurant getting rid of dishwashers because everyone should wash their own dishes after use. That would fail in about 8 seconds flat

Back