MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My store has been doing the same, its all about accountability. People who dont believe that change can work are the ones who are holding themselves and their stores back.

Mr. Accountability set sail decades ago. Don't believe me? Try telling your TL or ETL to start holding others accountable when working in your area. They'll respond with the glazed I don't care stare along with the get your U-Boats/Flats done, back stocked, and zone completed before your leave on time. You know the typical "I don't really care what your problem is response." Oh, before I forget, the "on time" will be emphasized too.

Just keep telling yourself, "It's all about accountability."

I'll bet you won't get through the first one before you start telling yourself, "SCREW THIS!"

We have been working towards this goal, rotating everyone through guest services, running the front, closing sco, etc

What puzzles me is how management will give up micro managing. Lol. Let's face it, they love that chit.

I can’t wait for my store to lose the signing spot for good and have the vm do some work instead of spend all day working on a node and complain about how hard it is.

My hardlines VM will spend 18 hours on a single node. She's such a fucking perfectionist. The worst was when we stuck boxes of candy corn on a shelf during Halloween gift n go. She spent 15 minutes setting it because she had to rearrange the shelves approximately 3 times to "ensure the guests could grab it". She didn't add or remove shelves. Just moved three or so up qnd down a few slots.

Mr. Accountability set sail decades ago. Don't believe me? Try telling your TL or ETL to start holding others accountable when working in your area. They'll respond with the glazed I don't care stare along with the get your U-Boats/Flats done, back stocked, and zone completed before your leave on time. You know the typical "I don't really care what your problem is response." Oh, before I forget, the "on time" will be emphasized too.

I'll bet you won't get through the first one before you start telling yourself, "SCREW THIS!"

ASANTS, your leadership just sucks. Some stores have ETL-logs who hate dicking around with a burning hate and WILL march to the AP office to look up camera footage if I tell them that so and so was doing 3 cases an hour. Then they usually disappear soon after.

Ive been a Sr TL for 3 years so i know what im talking about. I took over the new sort process back in october, and I was right there with everyone in this thread. My store was not ready for the changes, alot of people refused to buy in and our results showed. Our BRLA was at a 85%, trucks werent getting done, workload wasnt getting done... you get the point. It literally took us 4 months of HELL to iron out all the kinks and it took alot of converstations and turnover before any progress was made. The past 1-2 month has been a total 180 across the store. BRLA is at 97% with a few opps, trucks are getting done majority of the time (domestics is still struggling), our backroom stays clean since all owners are held accountable, and the floor looks great most of the time. I really do feel everyones frustrations and can see where you dont think any of this can work. But trust me it works as long as you have the right people in place and are holding people accountable.

Ive been a Sr TL for 3 years so i know what im talking about. I took over the new sort process back in october, and I was right there with everyone in this thread. My store was not ready for the changes, alot of people refused to buy in and our results showed. Our BRLA was at a 85%, trucks werent getting done, workload wasnt getting done... you get the point. It literally took us 4 months of HELL to iron out all the kinks and it took alot of converstations and turnover before any progress was made. The past 1-2 month has been a total 180 across the store. BRLA is at 97% with a few opps, trucks are getting done majority of the time (domestics is still struggling), our backroom stays clean since all owners are held accountable, and the floor looks great most of the time. I really do feel everyones frustrations and can see where you dont think any of this can work. But trust me it works as long as you have the right people in place and are holding people accountable.

So after all that you have got to right about where most stores were before this process even started?

"Holding people accountable"...won't work if there's only 3 TMs left to hold accountable. All the accountability ever won't help if the store refuses to staff properly to get modernization to work.

Or if they cut hours and people leave, which is what is happening en masse.

I've been applying to everywhere that is taking applications, and a lot of my coworkers have side jobs that are now offering full-time. And they're taking it. One is cutting his availability to Fri/Sat only to accommodate his other job. Fri/Sat was all he was getting to begin with so why bother trying to beg Target for more hours, is what he says about it.

Alot of stores are just now rolling this process out, theyre going through the struggles we were going through. No store will start this rollout 100% pain free

I get that, but what I am saying is Target invested all of this time, energy and resources in this new process and you are just BARELY getting back to how things were before. That's a total failure.

I get that, but what I am saying is Target invested all of this time, energy and resources in this new process and you are just BARELY getting back to how things were before. That's a total failure.
Its more that my store was already struggling before this rolled out. Im not saying my store is perfect, but were finally seeing REAL results due to this process.

holding people accountable
our leadership needs to be held accountable. they are not. I am not in a position to hold people accountable nor is it in my job description.

When me and my fellow BR folk have tried to "call people out", "hold them accountable" or what ever silly double speak you want to use for "do my job for me because I can not be bothered to do it" we have either been ignored by the TM we are trying to correct or not backed up by the "leadership" SO what are we to do?

our leadership needs to be held accountable. they are not. I am not in a position to hold people accountable nor is it in my job description.

When me and my fellow BR folk have tried to "call people out", "hold them accountable" or what ever silly double speak you want to use for "do my job for me because I can not be bothered to do it" we have either been ignored by the TM we are trying to correct or not backed up by the "leadership" SO what are we to do?
Sounds like poor leaders and culture. I've been around both and I get your frustrations.

Print the backroom detail report and circle the names that are creating errors, and show your ETL log. They should care.

.. but why? Isn't the entire point of a pilot to test and adjust a new process so that rolling it out goes smoothly?

I don't understand why they would test a new process for over a year in select stores, identify all the problems.. and completely ignore them, rolling the new process out in exactly the same way to all the other stores. What was the point of the pilot?
You want to make $15 an hour as an old school flow member....good luck with that

Speaking of fixture rooms did anyone else move ALL their apparel fixturss to an idioticlly small area on the opposite side of the backroom? We now have CONSTANT blockage to the electrical room and backroom bathrooms because of all the shelves bars and everything else that is apparel fixtures. Its horrid and dangerous as all hell.
Getting all the softlines into a separate stockroom was THE best thing that could happen.would constantly be dealing with their stuff everywhere. Now hands are wiped clean

Back