MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feel free to vent about your team members. Feel free to stop being a dick to the people that post here.

:helpful:

Truthfully enough the information on THIS website is the reason my team members are feeling the way they are. I understand and appreciate the purpose of this website but I get to the source of the problem and fix it. I can’t fix complainers on this website so instead of talking shit to my employees at work I’ll do the next best thing. Honesty is all I’m speaking and I have a right to do so.

Truthfully enough the information on THIS website is the reason my team members are feeling the way they are. I understand and appreciate the purpose of this website but I get to the source of the problem and fix it. I can’t fix complainers on this website so instead of talking shit to my employees at work I’ll do the next best thing. Honesty is all I’m speaking and I have a right to do so.

No your the reason your TMS are shitty

Everything I’ve read so far indicates that “Fulfillment” still includes SFS and OPU (picking OPUs at least). Isn’t that why some stores do/will have a fulfillment TL?

Right now our OPU picks are done by a back room TM (separate from SFS, but sometimes overlaps). The main OPU person was being trained for SFS last week. I wonder if that’s somehow related.

Geez, I wish we could get some consistent, detailed communication regarding all this. Some TMs are using the terms ‘Expert’ and ‘Consultant’ on the walkies now, but others say team member, and several I’ve talked to didn’t even know anything was changing. 🤯
we were told sfs will only be doing picks for sfs. Opu and du picks will be done by front end. That may take time as none are trained for it. But at my store that's what's happening. Although we never have enough staff on the front end to ring out guests let alone add picks in.

we were told sfs will only be doing picks for sfs. Opu and du picks will be done by front end. That may take time as none are trained for it. But at my store that's what's happening. Although we never have enough staff on the front end to ring out guests let alone add picks in.
So the one cashier is going to close his/her lane. Call for backup and go do OPU 👍

Thats' funny my store leadership told me they will never let front end take any part of SFS/OPU we will have a dedicated team of Fulfillment experts that oversees it.

So I see we stopped bricking like children....

Back to modernization-

Any tips on having difficult conversations about the changes

$15 is minimum wage in many states, and is what minimum wage would be if it kept up with inflation.

They are paying us the bare minimum to bust our asses, and they give us so few hours that busting ass burns more energy than we can afford to replace.

I'm not busting my ass for a company who has screwed me over multiple times and expects me to be grateful. I am a number to them, and they are numbers to me. That's what the relationship is now. I don't give a shit anymore. My buddy makes $75k to work a cushy office job where he mostly posts on Snapchat and makes playlists. He's getting paid bust ass money and never has to bust his ass. I've busted my ass and get a penny in exchange. Screw that.
Minimum here is $7.50

At my store we already told every single soul employed about the changes by the first week of March also gossip/drama is everywhere soo it was bound to happen all of my leadership did 1v1s with their team and the PPTL started training mostly everyone on the basis of pricing/plano/signing. Backroom on the other side have not trained anyone and I don't even think they will have time with everyone already bounced plus the BRTL had inventory to worry about.

Yea bro take it from me. The road you are going is gonna get alot of people to hate you so....lay off the koolaid and chillax

I do apologize for pissing some people off genuinely feel kinda bad but my store is full of people who spend 70 percent of their day complaining about these new problems and it’s only forcing me to work harder and that’s no bueno

The information on THIS website is the reason team members often know what is going on in their store at all (there is a reason ASANTS has been a standard line for years around here).
This website has provided team members with the methods they need to be able to go to the source of the problem and fix it since, once again, that kind of information is almost never available in the stores.
The people who speak up about the problems in their stores especially about things that are endemic should not be seen as bad employees or whiners.
They are often some of the best employees Spot has and can see where the problems lie with clear eyes.

You have the right to speak here.
Vent all you want.
That is what the board is for.

Do not fucking take your frustrations out on the members of this board.
That is one of the rules here and you won't get told again.

Last edited:
Back