MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
People just looking for a handout.

I'm not asking for a hand out, just give me a consistent, schedule with more than 4 hours a shift. If 4 hours is all you're going to give me at least make it the same day each week so I can find another job. It's difficult to apply elsewhere when the days and times you're available change from week to week.

I'm not asking for a hand out, just give me a consistent, schedule with more than 4 hours a shift. If 4 hours is all you're going to give me at least make it the same day each week so I can find another job. It's difficult to apply elsewhere when the days and times you're available change from week to week.
To be fair, if you’re o my working 4 hours a day then you have more than enough time to find another job.

No one on our inbound team has been asked to stay beyond their 4 hour shift for 2 months now. If they would let us stay, even until pp1 is done, any of us gladly would.

My advice to you sir is to work your ass off, leave your peers in the dust and show them your value. If you’re a great worker then they’ll probably put you somewhere where you could get them hours.

To be fair, if you’re o my working 4 hours a day then you have more than enough time to find another job.
EXACTLY. Even if you are scheduled a different time and different day each week, at a minimum you know your schedule a week in advance! If you can, and want to, work a forty hour week, that still leaves you 34 to 36 hours a week to look for, apply, and interview for a new job.

It’s called retail.

Very odd term for tacky banana-republic style wastefulness but you do you, holmes. When I think retail I think of investing in operations so the company can make more money over the long term. I mean you do understand that giving me 40 hours every week will not in fact bankrupt the company, collapse the economy and cause the extinction of capitalism, right?

Honestly, this website is pretty convenient but at the same time I’m just tired of employees at my store spreading rumors and putting fear into the eyes of the great workers we have. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, put your head down and BUST YOUR ASS because (regardless of what minimum wage is in your state) $15 an hour is good money to most of us and I don’t believe that with the way a lot of you are looking for a HANDOUT, you’re not worth $15 an hour. Don’t mean to sound rude I’m just ranting. That’s what this website is for.

Very odd term for tacky banana-republic style wastefulness but you do you, holmes. When I think retail I think of investing in operations so the company can make more money over the long term. I mean you do understand that giving me 40 hours every week will not in fact bankrupt the company, collapse the economy and cause the extinction of capitalism, right?

Honestly, when I think of retail I think of the easy way out. I’d say $15 an hour for retail means you go to work and work hard. We all know what is coming and if you don’t like it then go to Walmart.

I don’t understand why working one inconsistant day a week prevents you from finding another job. Find another job and quit Target. Forget working both. Believe me, there are better jobs out there with more hours.

Last edited:
Honestly, this website is pretty convenient but at the same time I’m just tired of employees at my store spreading rumors and putting fear into the eyes of the great workers we have. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, put your head down and BUST YOUR ASS because (regardless of what minimum wage is in your state) $15 an hour is good money to most of us and I don’t believe that with the way a lot of you are looking for a HANDOUT, you’re not worth $15 an hour. Don’t mean to sound rude I’m just ranting. That’s what this website is for.
$15 is minimum wage in many states, and is what minimum wage would be if it kept up with inflation.

They are paying us the bare minimum to bust our asses, and they give us so few hours that busting ass burns more energy than we can afford to replace.

I'm not busting my ass for a company who has screwed me over multiple times and expects me to be grateful. I am a number to them, and they are numbers to me. That's what the relationship is now. I don't give a shit anymore. My buddy makes $75k to work a cushy office job where he mostly posts on Snapchat and makes playlists. He's getting paid bust ass money and never has to bust his ass. I've busted my ass and get a penny in exchange. Screw that.

.. because the shifts aren't consistent. It doesn't help to know my schedule a week in advance if I'm suddenly scheduled on a Friday when I never was before, and it conflicts with my other job.
That excuse doesn't fly with us now being considered "experts". It isn't simply retail anymore, not with the new expectations and workload.

Target is asking for everything and giving nothing. They want our entire lives to revolve around Target, and nothing else.. yet they don't give us enough hours to make that a reality. In what possible way can anyone be a "dedicated business owner" if they're scheduled just 4 hours each week?
No one is asking to be paid for doing nothing. They're just asking for more hours. You know, so they can earn more money. That's the opposite of a handout.

So then you’re a dedicated business owner with your 4 hour shifts? That’s obviously not the path spot is creating for you.

$15 is minimum wage in many states, and is what minimum wage would be if it kept up with inflation.

They are paying us the bare minimum to bust our asses, and they give us so few hours that busting ass burns more energy than we can afford to replace.

I'm not busting my ass for a company who has screwed me over multiple times and expects me to be grateful. I am a number to them, and they are numbers to me. That's what the relationship is now. I don't give a shit anymore. My buddy makes $75k to work a cushy office job where he mostly posts on Snapchat and makes playlists. He's getting paid bust ass money and never has to bust his ass. I've busted my ass and get a penny in exchange. Screw that.

Busting your ass doesn’t seem to be the case here or you wouldn’t be in the situation you’re in. If you can’t live off the hours givin then why are you still here?

weird because we did this at my store when we launched Drive Up and metrics were consistently better than when Ship From Store was picking. it's not as hard as people on this website like to pretend
I’m jealous of your store then, because at my store, GS regularly accepts bogus returns and TV boxes full of bricks. I’ll train them if they ask me too, but I won’t hold my breath for higher metrics than mine.

Friends don’t let friends overdose on kool-aid...

Back