MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well then they can stop putting more than 30 hours of signing in a single week then, right?

Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990
I'm also pretty sure that there's some kind of legislation against ageism, but I can't remember exactly what it is.

That being said, my store has been trying for months to term out a market TM with a compromised immune system instead of moving him to a different department where he wouldn't have to call out so much. And I'm pretty sure they're trying to do what they can to term me as well in a way that I can't say it's because of my disabilities.

If every TL becomes pg 45 does that mean they get no increase beyond that as the team moves to $15. Has anyone been told the starting pay of a TL once all is said and done. I heard people saying it will be $20.75 but has that actually been confirmed or was that a guesstamation

For anyone asking about specific threads, in about a minute I found threads for: Starbucks, flow, electronics, softlines, flexible fulfillment, signing, receiving, market, and front end. Keep this thread going for the big changes around modernization and then maybe go to those threads for more specific questions. We don't need to create new ones.

If every TL becomes pg 45 does that mean they get no increase beyond that as the team moves to $15. Has anyone been told the starting pay of a TL once all is said and done. I heard people saying it will be $20.75 but has that actually been confirmed or was that a guesstamation
It was just a guess, no confirmation yet. My guess was 22 to stay aligned with the current pay grades

So far, they have increased every single pay grade when they increase the base, so it's pretty safe to assume PG45 will continue to increase. As of now, it's $5.75 above the base, so it seems likely that it'll be $20.75 as you said. This isn't guaranteed, but there is no reason to think it'll be anything else.
It was just a guess, no confirmation yet. My guess was 22 to stay aligned with the current pay grades
Where are you getting 22? Unless maybe your store starts higher than $12 right now.

For anyone asking about specific threads, in about a minute I found threads for: Starbucks, flow, electronics, softlines, flexible fulfillment, signing, receiving, market, and front end. Keep this thread going for the big changes around modernization and then maybe go to those threads for more specific questions. We don't need to create new ones.

You mean there's already ONE thread for all my modernization needs 😉

So far, they have increased every single pay grade when they increase the base, so it's pretty safe to assume PG45 will continue to increase. As of now, it's $5.75 above the base, so it seems likely that it'll be $20.75 as you said. This isn't guaranteed, but there is no reason to think it'll be anything else.

Where are you getting 22? Unless maybe your store starts higher than $12 right now.
No sorry you’re right 20.75 I was thinking 21.75 and rounded up but realized I added an extra dollar in my head. I imagine the change to $13 and the condensing or pay grades to only 2 will change that though. The $.75 seems weird and I bet they’ll go down $.50 or up to a whole dollar

No sorry you’re right 20.75 I was thinking 21.75 and rounded up but realized I added an extra dollar in my head. I imagine the change to $13 and the condensing or pay grades to only 2 will change that though. The $.75 seems weird and I bet they’ll go down $.50 or up to a whole dollar
That's a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if TLs go to 20.25 or maybe 20.00/20.50. If every TM is supposed to be an expert and everything, won't they all be at the same pay grade? They could argue that PG35 (currently at 12.50) is the new base and goes to 13 and eventually to 15, instead of PG30 being the base. I'd need to look back at some of the pictures from that modernization booklet.

Edit: yep, that booklet is making it sound like PG30 is being eliminated too, and PG45 is only 5.25 above that.

Our STL alluded to the new stuff regarding experience pay for PG45 being a good thing for TLs when they make the paygrade and roll changes

What's modernization? Can some explain everything in this thread up till now? thanks

😜

Sure. I'll explain it in picture form:

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Our STL alluded to the new stuff regarding experience pay for PG45 being a good thing for TLs when they make the paygrade and roll changes
My stl had the field leadership guide for transitioning paygrades and the Tm bump to 13 and all the new technical side of the new titles. I assume it was from the HRBP and I didn’t see anything about the future, just that the new mytime and workday roles and stuff won’t be active until June as well.

My stl had the field leadership guide for transitioning paygrades and the Tm bump to 13 and all the new technical side of the new titles. I assume it was from the HRBP and I didn’t see anything about the future, just that the new mytime and workday roles and stuff won’t be active until June as well.
Saw that as well, it has all the job codes etc but nothing about pay except for paygrade a changing, what new role names get what paygrade, and $13 in June. Also oddly it didn’t say shit about closing TL except they are adding the job code in the system

So if someone goes from per say gstl to SnE TL you can negotiate? I didn't see anything about negotiating unless your a hiring someone with XP.
If thought part of the changes with experience pay were due to it being used incorrectly. When I was promoted I threw the experience pay thing at them and they said it’s fot new hires but... and then basically we negotiated my pay rate to what it would have been with the experience pay lol. I imagine this happens a lot, and the change would be for better reporting on why someone’s pay is justified. Instead of ‘promoted from PG35 to PG40 but arbitrarily got more than the pay bump’ they can show that a higher than base rate has a documented reason

What do you mean by that? All the roles are the same, just with shiny new titles and added responsibilites -- save for the closing leader/experts, which already existed.. just not primarily for that purpose.
Lots of people being shuffled around. All the flow and backroom and presentation and electronics TLs? None of those roles exist anymore, it’s more than just a title change, it’s a new role.

Hardlines TL also owning ship? New title plus added responsibilities sounds like a new enough role to me to warrant at least an attempt to discuss compensation.

Not really, just previous roles with added responsibility. All Experts and Consultants are basically just salesfloor TMs that have the added responsibility of the previous Backroom, Flow, Pricing, Presentation, Signing and Instocks roles. All Advocates are basically just GSAs with the added responsibility of the previous Cashier and SCO roles (and most already worked the SCO to begin with). I wouldn't say that's "lots of new roles". It's two existing roles on steroids.
I’m talking about leadership roles. I’m aware that TM pay isn’t negotiable.

I think with modernization I'm going to miss being a global TM. Tonight I got pulled to do electronics. It wasn't too bad and I got a lot done, but I discovered that I really enjoy the flexibility I've had being global. Some days I'm in middle, others HBA, and rarely, toys. I've also been picking up SFS/OPU shifts like mad (and I'm hoping that doesn't stop, but we'll see). While I'm not in softlines much, I can still help a guest with baby furniture or stop to fold a table during flex. (Only SFS...not OPU lol.)

I understand being an expert in one area. Electronics, market, and beauty already do that, so it makes sense to extend it to the whole store. I just like the idea of working in multiple areas so it doesn't become monotonous. The summer before I quit my old store, I was doing photo, price change, softlines, fitting room, and dayside backroom. I loved it (minus fitting room). You got to work with everyone and it was fun. It's too bad it's going away.

More focused on the image, does this mean front end won’t be pushing their own candy and bullseyes playground anymore? Or has it always said we technically don’t do that?
Yes those belong to hardlines or GM as it will be called now, instead you on the front end will be picking all drive ups and opus.

Back