MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok real modernization question. For TL’s are they restarting the 18 months before you can transfer stores and/or work center? I’ve been in my current position in HL’s for over 18 months and I feel like I’m gonna be stuck in pretty much the equivalent GM spot for another 18 now.

I’ve apologized and will own up to my mistakes but so with that being said I will stand up for myself if someone comes at me the way I did them.

Ok real modernization question. For TL’s are they restarting the 18 months before you can transfer stores and/or work center? I’ve been in my current position in HL’s for over 18 months and I feel like I’m gonna be stuck in pretty much the equivalent GM spot for another 18 now.
This hasn’t been an official hard rule for awhile now, I didn’t think.

e the same if I was an a
It’s not called drinking kool, it’s called being tired of piss poor work ethic and excuses. It would be the same if I was an amazon employee on an amazon employee related website.
Thank you! I mean sure $15 an hour isn't amazing to some but since when does pay effect taking pride in your work lol. I started with the company at under $9 and work just as hard then as I do now.

This hasn’t been an official hard rule for awhile now, I didn’t think.
More like a guideline.

18 months won't officially reset, but it'll look bad if you are just trying to get out of the new position before giving it a try, which means you might have to stay for a while, unless you're performing at a very high level.

As far as we've been told the cashiers roles change and it's them that will be trained in everything the gsa does now in addition to du & opu picks. There will be training.

No. That's not right. My store was part of the pilot for the new OPU/Drive-up. It is handled by the front end. But, cashiers and guest service do not do the picks. There is a dedicated TM to do those. That's my job. The picking. I'm scheduled under GS and answer to the GSTL. I am not GS trained though and have no expectations of being trained. I can't get stuck behind the desk doing returns. I can't get stuck on a lane.

Honestly, it's just a scheduling thing. It gets a TM scheduled for OPU only at all times. On the one hand, it's stupid as the GSTLs have no idea how to help me if I can't find something. They don't know what's a good INF or a bad one. They don't know by looking at an order how fast it should get done. Etc.

On the other hand, the GSTLs at my store love me because I keep the metrics good. So, let's get that bread and no bosses riding my ass.

I’ve apologized and will own up to my mistakes but so with that being said I will stand up for myself if someone comes at me the way I did them.
I do agree with you to some extent. If someone is only getting 4 hours a week why are they still with target? It usually means two things they either have no ambition in life or Target wants you gone. Either way the best out come would be to move on. I fight to get my hard workers and reliable workers as many hours as I can. The others get bare minium, some have been there for years and will give up their shift as soon as the schedule Is posted. No amount of coaching helps. Pretty sure all they wants is the discount.

More like a guideline.

18 months won't officially reset, but it'll look bad if you are just trying to get out of the new position before giving it a try, which means you might have to stay for a while, unless you're performing at a very high level.
Yeah I’m gonna give it my best but sometimes I wanna go back to AP if a spot opened near me is all. Modernization or heroin addicts 🤔

I do agree with you to some extent. If someone is only getting 4 hours a week why are they still with target? It usually means two things they either have no ambition in life or Target wants you gone. Either way the best out come would be to move on. I fight to get my hard workers and reliable workers as many hours as I can. The others get bare minium, some have been there for years and will give up their shift as soon as the schedule Is posted. No amount of coaching helps. Pretty sure all they wants is the discount.

I've been with Target on and off for the past 17 years. I would always get a consistent 30~ a week. January it dropped to 4 and hasn't come back up. Others on my team dropped from 40 to 12. They aren't getting hours either. I've always been told I'm one of the fastest stockers and unloaders we have and have never had anything bad said against me. I've called out once (family member in ER) and was always willing to pick up shifts. We all have been asking for hours and are told we aren't getting any more. If they would give more hours I'd gladly stay.

I guess I'd appreciate some consistency throughout this whole modernization thing. It seems like some stores they are capping shifts at 4 hours while at other stores TMs are still getting near close to full time. Our inbound team are some of the best and faster workers in the store and have always given it 100%. It'd be nice if we we're treated we even a little bit of decency and respect from leadership, even if it's management outside of our store.

Not even close to asking for a handout.

I've been with Target on and off for the past 17 years. I would always get a consistent 30~ a week. January it dropped to 4 and hasn't come back up. Others on my team dropped from 40 to 12. They aren't getting hours either. I've always been told I'm one of the fastest stockers and unloaders we have and have never had anything bad said against me. I've called out once (family member in ER) and was always willing to pick up shifts. We all have been asking for hours and are told we aren't getting any more. If they would give more hours I'd gladly stay.

I guess I'd appreciate some consistency throughout this whole modernization thing. It seems like some stores they are capping shifts at 4 hours while at other stores TMs are still getting near close to full time. Our inbound team are some of the best and faster workers in the store and have always given it 100%. It'd be nice if we we're treated we even a little bit of decency and respect from leadership, even if it's management outside of our store.

Not even close to asking for a handout.
Unfortunately it's not about being the fastest or best stocker anymore. They want workers that are great with guests. They want you to be actively seeking out guests using the sales training program provided to build the basket and increase guest loyalty. It's all about building the brand image now and promoting owned brands. While it does suck for people that may be getting the shaft and you may feel betrayed by your employer as most have. They still have the right to do it, just as you have the right to leave to find a better opportunity. Finding a new job can suck, as we all get comfortable and make friends. In the end though you either deal with or it or you don't. Make the choice that's best for you because target is making the choice that's best for them.

Unfortunately it's not about being the fastest or best stocker anymore. They want workers that are great with guests. They want you to be actively seeking out guests using the sales training program provided to build the basket and increase guest loyalty. It's all about building the brand image now and promoting owned brands. While it does suck for people that may be getting the shaft and you may feel betrayed by your employer as most have. They still have the right to do it, just as you have the right to leave to find a better opportunity. Finding a new job can suck, as we all get comfortable and make friends. In the end though you either deal with or it or you don't. Make the choice that's best for you because target is making the choice that's best for them.
I love the idea of being guest centric but how can we really do that if we get threatened to be fired for not pushing the truck 100%.

Agreed. Although I believe almost anyone who goes to work is going to work for a reason and if you push the right buttons you can coach them up to be great.

I love the idea of being guest centric but how can we really do that if we get threatened to be fired for not pushing the truck 100%.
My thoughts exactly that's why I give my team a pass. As long as I see them saying hello to everyone walking by that's a win. I also am understanding if someone is working and doing backups all day. I will pick up the slack for anyone on my team that deserves it. I'm a in the trenches TL. In the end it all goes back to leadership and if your leader is willing to fight for you and respect you. It goes both ways though. The course spot has taken will either work or not. They will either tweak problems or make them worse. Time will tell but until that it's either sink or swim as far as what's given to you if you want to continue at spot. I'm trying to swim at the moment.

Partner with all gm tl’s ensure your numbers are right in the BR, Salesfloor and wherever else you may store freight. That will show the DC that you don’t need all this freight they’re sending you. Accuracy and hard work is key and it’s sad as a TM I try to explain these things and no one wants to listen 🤷🏼‍♂️

My thoughts exactly that's why I give my team a pass. As long as I see them saying hello to everyone walking by that's a win. I also am understanding if someone is working and doing backups all day. I will pick up the slack for anyone on my team that deserves it. I'm a in the trenches TL. In the end it all goes back to leadership and if your leader is willing to fight for you and respect you. It goes both ways though. The course spot has taken will either work or not. They will either tweak problems or make them worse. Time will tell but until that it's either sink or swim as far as what's given to you if you want to continue at spot. I'm trying to swim at the moment.
I appreciate TLs and ETLs with this mindset. I had to leave today with one vehicle untouched. I could have knocked it out if I wasnt busy assisting guests, moving things in order to backstock, trying to get keys crush the cardboard, and fixing mistakes from the TM who pushed this section yesterday (they flexed multiple items out or just completely pushed them to the wrong shelf locations which resulted in having more backstock). My leaders know however that I hustle and if I'm not able to get something done then it is doubtful any other TM would be able to

When it comes to promoting owned brands, what does that mean? Knowing the ins and outs of the products in your area?

When it comes to promoting owned brands, what does that mean? Knowing the ins and outs of the products in your area?
Target brands opalhouse, made by design, market pantry, joy lab and many more. Brands are a huge loyalty driver. But yes also what you said like err my geeerd this shirt would look so great with those universal thread jeans or likehave you ever tried or market pantry pizza wow it's so amazing lol. Knowing what things are, where they are and how they work or used for.

Partner with all gm tl’s ensure your numbers are right in the BR, Salesfloor and wherever else you may store freight. That will show the DC that you don’t need all this freight they’re sending you. Accuracy and hard work is key and it’s sad as a TM I try to explain these things and no one wants to listen 🤷🏼‍♂️
This will help to an extent but sometimes the DCs will just send 100's of cases we dont need. Also reducing OTLs can be a hassle. I guess we can control what we can to the best of our ability.

Back