MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Corp doesn't want to pay for experience.
No, they don't want to pay for experience, but they don't anyway. With this slow march to a $15 starting wage, a newbie is paid the same as I am, and I've been there for more than a few years.

@ShortTM - It's nice when other TMs help push after I leave but they only make it worse. Found products still wrapped in plastic, full casepacks pushed to wrong location, products over pushed.
Which makes it not nice, right? I'm usually scheduled long enough on truck days that I can push my whole area. Otherwise, this is what I find, a lot. Still find a little of it when someone else takes care of an auto-pull.

Last edited:
I have one GM TL that was the old Backroom TL come clean every fken day their ''areas'' are the best in our store also reaching even surpassing sales goal daily/weekly.
I don't want to give away the areas but its even fken repacks all day freight.

Nope. Every hour they call a different TM to stop what they're doing and do reshop. Names are predetermined based on schedule for the day

That's ridiculous. Just have DBOs grab their own reshop on the way back from breaks. If someone's gets slammed call them out to get it. DBOs need to be doing their own reshop so they can make sure it's done correctly.

That's ridiculous. Just have DBOs grab their own reshop on the way back from breaks. If someone's gets slammed call them out to get it. DBOs need to be doing their own reshop so they can make sure it's done correctly.
I've been grabbing a cartload/armload every time I put a flex away. It quickly empties out and eventually I'm putting it away as it comes in

I've been grabbing a cartload/armload every time I put a flex away. It quickly empties out and eventually I'm putting it away as it comes in

I couldn't do that all the time. I basically go from OPU to OPU all morning. The queue always has something in it. If it doesn't, it will soon. Or it's just more productive for me to go grab some carts quickly to help prevent a cart party from being called. Things slow down in the afternoon and if someone hasn't been able to keep up with their reshop, I'll help them out then. But, I'm still going to go to the DBO with any decisions that need to be made about it. Where do they want the D-Code to go? Do they want that gigantic online only item out somewhere or do they want it sent to salvage? What about this not on planogram item...do you want it repackaged for a discount or just backstocked? Etc. Those are decisions for the DBOs.

DBOs doing their own reshop is one of the little things that has made a big difference at my store. It's helped cut down on the overstock. Not on pog and online only items are no longer just getting flexed out randomly. When the person doing the reshop in a section knows that they can be held responsible for everything that happens in the section, they do it correctly. I'll help when I can, but I leave control over the section to the DBO and that includes reshop.

Word today was, in 2 weeks, all hardline dbo's will be getting trained on pricing. I sure hope hip printers and batteries are being ordered, like now!

I asked my TL about doing this too. I'd like to be able to grab a printer in the morning with my zebra and walkie so that I can do PC and any defects I come across throughout the day.

I asked my TL about doing this too. I'd like to be able to grab a printer in the morning with my zebra and walkie so that I can do PC and any defects I come across throughout the day.

I have been keeping a printer on my 3 tier. My problem is people keeping the batteries, God knows where. They hold a charge forever, so the style tms keep them. I do a lot of rewraps, from returned shoes, so I would like to get a battery every morning. Usually 3 times a week the charger, which holds 10, is empty when I come in at 9.

I have been keeping a printer on my 3 tier. My problem is people keeping the batteries, God knows where. They hold a charge forever, so the style tms keep them. I do a lot of rewraps, from returned shoes, so I would like to get a battery every morning. Usually 3 times a week the charger, which holds 10, is empty when I come in at 9.
Switch the battery from a docking station printer.

Price Change is over 5000 in my store, lol. I think my area is the only one without labels or price change in the system. It's insane. They never bothered to train anybody so I'm guessing in a week or so they are going to have us former PC people train them and try to help everybody get caught up. At this point I just laugh to myself about what a mess it is. It's all I can do.

Experience costs too much: experienced people make more, know how to push back to a degree, know what their rights are, know what works (& what DOESN'T) & can spot a bullsh*t process a mile off. Corp doesn't want to pay for experience.
In a sense, recent B-school graduates come with this POV but what they don't understand is the downside of "cutting out the payroll fat" and "shaking up the system". You push out the knowledgeable workers, replace them with newbies who have no experience with specific types of problems, and guess what? The newbies don't know how to handle situations like a supply-chain disruption (i.e. port workers' strike or natural disaster in another area of the US), software firmware upgrades which freeze up the cash registers and card readers, addressing a sudden epidemic of aggressive coupon scammers with some coupons being counterfeit. You don't need to look far to find any number of once-famous retailers who went through a ruthless cost-cutting regime only to end up in bankruptcy, or at best having their mediocre remains merged into a better-run company. How's that for losing profitability?

Word today was, in 2 weeks, all hardline dbo's will be getting trained on pricing. I sure hope hip printers and batteries are being ordered, like now!
Did you guys know that there is an extended battery for the zebra printers? I ordered 2 by mistake and they actually lasts 2 days straight! I ordered 4 more! They are actually about $38 a piece. 😉 The only issue is that you can't use the clip to hook it to a smart cart. Battery is too fat to use the clip.

Did you guys know that there is an extended battery for the zebra printers? I ordered 2 by mistake and they actually lasts 2 days straight! I ordered 4 more! They are actually about $38 a piece. 😉 The only issue is that you can't use the clip to hook it to a smart cart. Battery is too fat to use the clip.
We call them mega battery, lol. I hate those things because you can't clip them to you or your cart. They do last long.

Experience costs too much: experienced people make more, know how to push back to a degree, know what their rights are, know what works (& what DOESN'T) & can spot a bullsh*t process a mile off.
Corp doesn't want to pay for experience.
Yes, experienced people make more, I’ve been here years and make a whooping.50/hour more then a newbie. Damn, that’s big bucks.

Have your TL been assigned their departments of ownership yet ?
Does anyone have pictures of what the recommended division is ?
Did anyone have any input of departments they would prefer ?

Have your TL been assigned their departments of ownership yet ?
Does anyone have pictures of what the recommended division is ?
Did anyone have any input of departments they would prefer ?
Our TLs have their areas. We have 2 GMTL, so they were split between priority1 push and unload (GM1) and priority2 push and planogram (GM2). We also have a food TL.

We all got switched around without any input. Honestly, I was asked, since I took the Closing LOD position, but I don't think any of the others were given any choice. ASANTS though.

We have 5 GM TLs, 1 Food TL, 1 closing TL, and 2 Style TLs but are hiring a 3rd. The 5 GM TLs are split into the 3 areas of Hardlines, with 2 sharing duties except for the 1 left on her own over unloading and then Bedding/furniture/bath/plastics/hardware and I think she might also be over seasonal.

Just curious if any other store has this many GM TLs with them sharing duties. I thought for sure when this rolled out we would lose TLs, but the headcount has not changed at all. The only leadership change we had is that we no longer have an Ap ETL, and have recently hired an Ap TL for those duties.

Has anyone done the Father's Day revision in stationary? The week is halfway over and none of the leaders have talked to me about it nor am I scheduled any hours for it. Part of me just wants to wait and see if they say anything but I also know that will only mess me up next week

Has anyone done the Father's Day revision in stationary? The week is halfway over and none of the leaders have talked to me about it nor am I scheduled any hours for it. Part of me just wants to wait and see if they say anything but I also know that will only mess me up next week
We are trying to do over 35 hours of revisions in E&E during the start of our remodel. Push the trucks you say? 😂😂😂

Back