MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With modernization going into full effect I want to know who's responsible for amplified gifting, big baskets, sidecaps, etc. These used to be Plano things at my store. Just curious what other stores are doing. I've been handed some of these for consumables, but I'm not entirely sure that the hours to set these things are going to my department since it's not clear on the adjacency calendar.

With modernization going into full effect I want to know who's responsible for amplified gifting, big baskets, sidecaps, etc. These used to be Plano things at my store. Just curious what other stores are doing. I've been handed some of these for consumables, but I'm not entirely sure that the hours to set these things are going to my department since it's not clear on the adjacency calendar.

This might be an ASANTS case but our store side caps are taken care of by our presentation team. The aisle towers are done by their departments respectively, whether if it’s a regular DVD tower is set by electronics, if it’s paper/chem by the designated GM TM, or if it’s like those special holidays, Mother’s Day Father’s Day etc our VM does it.

Market and GM usually take care of big baskets depending on what it is. It’s really honestly a case by case basis, every week is not the same for those particular things you mentioned. Sometimes we partner on certain others depending the workload of each area for that current week.

Starting today in my district the only person allowed to audit is the SD. They reason being is that "for an average volume store it can add up to an additional 7 trucks per year".
Audit as in change on hands?
When are they going to walk the whole store and do that? I feel like the hourly Tm of a department is more aware of if they haven’t seen something or not for a while, probably actively looked for it, and is capable of zeroing it out so that more can come in. But what do I know?

Audit as in change on hands?
When are they going to walk the whole store and do that? I feel like the hourly Tm of a department is more aware of if they haven’t seen something or not for a while, probably actively looked for it, and is capable of zeroing it out so that more can come in. But what do I know?
My thoughts exactly

Has anyone done the Father's Day revision in stationary? The week is halfway over and none of the leaders have talked to me about it nor am I scheduled any hours for it. Part of me just wants to wait and see if they say anything but I also know that will only mess me up next week
I’m impressed that you are on top of it ! Yet dissapointed that you are waiting to be asked to do it. Be a business owner, if you know it needs to be done, do it if you can.

Our TLs have their areas. We have 2 GMTL, so they were split between priority1 push and unload (GM1) and priority2 push and planogram (GM2). We also have a food TL.

We all got switched around without any input. Honestly, I was asked, since I took the Closing LOD position, but I don't think any of the others were given any choice. ASANTS though.
Thank you for the reply. Curious to see how this is divided up . We have too many openings to predict where we will be put.

I’m impressed that you are on top of it ! Yet dissapointed that you are waiting to be asked to do it. Be a business owner, if you know it needs to be done, do it if you can.
The June addendum says it'll take 4 hours I think. I dont even have 4 hours to push u boats and and it'll probably take me longer since I have no idea what I'm doing. I think I might ask Friday when I go back to see what the plan is for getting it done. From what I've read on here it sounds like if we don't tie the new pog by the end of the week then it will stop pulling autos and such for the old or something like that

The June addendum says it'll take 4 hours I think. I dont even have 4 hours to push u boats and and it'll probably take me longer since I have no idea what I'm doing. I think I might ask Friday when I go back to see what the plan is for getting it done. From what I've read on here it sounds like if we don't tie the new pog by the end of the week then it will stop pulling autos and such for the old or something like that
We want our TWT (transition workload for the week) to be 100% by Saturday. But....shouldn’t JUST be tied, should be worked also. If you don’t know what you are doing it is NOT helpful to tie and walk away because those that look at workload will consider the work finished. Ask for help, do it right, thanks for bringing it to someone’s attention.

I like how they list Bike Builder TM as if stores had a TM who ONLY built bikes.

Wouldn't Signing TM fall under Presentation Expert and not hardlines?

I had a schedule written up but apparently, they FORGOT to write me in for my "new" job. So now next week's schedule has two days added it didn't have before.

Which I'm glad about, but it's still less than 20 hours and I have barely a week's notice about this change.

I know I'm going to crash and burn with pricing/pog/keeping track of sales. I'm going to try, obviously, but there's a reason I didn't apply for either of those jobs when I first got my job here. I can multitask but throw too much at me in one day and I won't retain ANY of it.

I get paid 13.06 / hour they want me to know my sales goal and comp,???

I can’t even remember my age I have to subtract the year I was born from this year all the time. And I also have to know what day it is for expired food.

Ain’t nobody got time for this I’m too busy pushing truck all day with 240 pieces of produce and 2 pallets of vendor milk.

What is comp? And how is it different than sales goal? I think I've figured out goal vs forecast but I'm clueless about comp

I would really like to know how this is supposed to work with such minimal people. I'm in food & bev and we are constantly pulled for guest requests in other areas because there's no one else. I used to think that it was a closing thing, but I've worked two mids now and we are STILL pulled for other areas. Patio furniture? Right next to beverages so you can guarantee bringing that up to the front. Working snack pulls and getting asked questions about plastics and clothespins. If I'm in produce, I get asked constantly about HBA. I've almost gotten to the point where I've been about to cover electronics because there is NO ONE ELSE and our closing expert is running around like crazy to try to do everything else.

Add in the style team never responding for backups no matter HOW often they're called out on it and now I'm backing up at the lanes too. Also the former inbound TMs who have to be prompted to answer the walkie. (My guess is they didn't get training.)

Bale needs to be made? Guess I'll stop and do it because no one else will.

I estimated in my head that we would average 14-18 people on the sales floor in a non-Q4 season at my old store under the old model. Now it's four or five (counting beauty & electronics). We are constantly in the way of guests with our vehicles too. Today I had to go hunting through freight for simple items like vinegar and baking soda for guests because they weren't worked to the floor because the truck wasn't done.

I'm tired, guys. I'm really tired. My team is the only reason I haven't quit yet and they're the ones I'm going to miss when I leave...not the actual job itself.

I would really like to know how this is supposed to work with such minimal people. I'm in food & bev and we are constantly pulled for guest requests in other areas because there's no one else. I used to think that it was a closing thing, but I've worked two mids now and we are STILL pulled for other areas. Patio furniture? Right next to beverages so you can guarantee bringing that up to the front. Working snack pulls and getting asked questions about plastics and clothespins. If I'm in produce, I get asked constantly about HBA. I've almost gotten to the point where I've been about to cover electronics because there is NO ONE ELSE and our closing expert is running around like crazy to try to do everything else.

Add in the style team never responding for backups no matter HOW often they're called out on it and now I'm backing up at the lanes too. Also the former inbound TMs who have to be prompted to answer the walkie. (My guess is they didn't get training.)

Bale needs to be made? Guess I'll stop and do it because no one else will.

I estimated in my head that we would average 14-18 people on the sales floor in a non-Q4 season at my old store under the old model. Now it's four or five (counting beauty & electronics). We are constantly in the way of guests with our vehicles too. Today I had to go hunting through freight for simple items like vinegar and baking soda for guests because they weren't worked to the floor because the truck wasn't done.

I'm tired, guys. I'm really tired. My team is the only reason I haven't quit yet and they're the ones I'm going to miss when I leave...not the actual job itself.
I feel you as I am in consumables and I am constantly redirected from what I need to do to help with other department's problems. Of course if it is consumables related it is my responsibility always with no help whatsoever from any other departments no matter how trivial. When I pointed this out to management they had nothing to say. You hit the nail on the head with former inbound team members not picking up calls. You have to remind them that they are indeed sales floor too. The cardboard situation you described happens daily

former inbound team members not picking up calls

If anyone is calling for backup, and I have too much work to do, and I'll get grilled over not doing it all...no, I won't answer a backup call. I do my own cardboard and my own work and if I get it done early (IF) I'll come over and help. Not one minute before.

If anyone in management asks me about it I'll give them the truth: I can't spare time for other departments' issues/work when I am barely (or not even) keeping up with my own. A choice between my ass and the other guy's is going to have me picking my own every time.

Back