MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But guests don’t shop overnight. I’m sure it stems from all the surveys that made the claim that
‘They couldn’t find a tm’ when our payroll was huge because most of the team were NOT working WHILE the GUEST was there.
Don’t beat me up on this , but: I love modernization in theory, HOWEVER, it SHOULD use MORE payroll than the past operating model because ALL tasks take LONGER when we are open!

And I agree, ALL hands on deck, doing something that moves us forward. Watching is not participating.

At the very beginning of Modernization we were given plenty of hours to get everything done. Now many are getting 4 or 5 hour shifts so not as much is getting done. Every morning on Inbound we have to push for an hour just to have enough U-boats for the truck unload.

So just seen an email from our SD

All super Target’s in our district will now open at 7a instead of 8.
HOWEVER, no changes will be made to truck schedule. So GM team that do their truck will still be coming in at 8.

The only exceptions is the TM for self check out, service desk, and TM(s) For Produce come in at 7, Tech at 6, but everyone else for both Style, Beauty and GM comes in at 8.

No changes made for Ad team on Sunday as far as I know, still will be scheduled @6a 🙄
I don’t see how any of this make sense

HOWEVER, no changes will be made to truck schedule. So GM team that do their truck will still be coming in at 8.

The only exceptions is the TM for self check out, service desk, and TM(s) For Produce come in at 7, Tech at 6, but everyone else for both Style, Beauty and GM comes in at 8.

No changes made for Ad team on Sunday as far as I know, still will be scheduled @6a 🙄
No kidding! Super t should come in earlier. IMO.

Last edited:

Weird. I’m in a super and we’ve opened at 7 the last 19 months.

With modernization we have 1 self check and Serv desk at 7am. And beauty/electronics at 7am. Everyone else comes in at 8 or later.
Unload crew starts at 6am. Pog starts at 8 unless it’s a big week.

Last edited:
Oh wow you really must be new. Because this is exactly what Target does. We also redefine core roles to push our ADA individuals, when in reality nothing substantial changes that reasonable accommodations can not be made.

Shall I continue? This company has become so hostile and toxic to its long term employees that I am amazed we are still afloat.

If the DTLs and Elune be praised the GTL ever came in and pushed the “leadership” out so they can hold chat sessions with us they would leave dazed and confused.
so true. part of the reason i left was due to ada. they ignore it unless you can use fmla (which many of us part timers didnt get). in the end i have sensory issues and a quick march to the back for release from sound or whatever was all i needed. THEN they added, to the entire team as part of the new process, unloaders and stockers as a separate thing. guess which they put me on? unloader. constant screeching from the wheels and banging wouldnt have done well with me. and when i was on the floor i was told that i was "skirting" the rules regarding insubordination by my new TL. i guess asking questions for clarification and bringing up problems, which happened more often than not due to his dumbass ignoring me, are considered verboten.

Soooo had modernization now allowed off the clock work? Our floor etl not only encouraged but praised two cashieres for pusing carts while they were waiting to pick up other co workers. The other day we were leaving and she wouldnt let us exit until each one gave an explanation of why our zones werent green. Today we got told to clock out then we had a huddle and she made us finish zoning up dollar spot. Afte rclicking out. Seriously. Tell me this isnt ok because i know it isnt.

Soooo had modernization now allowed off the clock work? Our floor etl not only encouraged but praised two cashieres for pusing carts while they were waiting to pick up other co workers. The other day we were leaving and she wouldnt let us exit until each one gave an explanation of why our zones werent green. Today we got told to clock out then we had a huddle and she made us finish zoning up dollar spot. Afte rclicking out. Seriously. Tell me this isnt ok because i know it isnt.

It's not. Don't call the hotline or whatever they call it, go to the Department of Labor (feel free to correct me if I have this wrong)

Um you need to report that ASAP. To everyone.

What’s up guys. New here but very interested in this site. I’m a GM team lead at a $60 million dollar a year store and as of right now we have 4 GM TLs but 1 is relocating to a new store soon with no plans of adding a new one. So I’m responsible for the 3 sections of the store and also the daily truck unload. Now, I was told that the truck unload is supposed to run itself without me but is not feasible imo due to so many variables in truck sizes, call outs, and many other random things. So basically, at least 10 hours of my 40 hours is focusing on the unload.

Now we are supposed to have dedicated GM team members for each section but the scheduling shift labels always has people in different areas. For instance, they might be scheduled for stationary one day but domestics the next or even better, nobody will be scheduled in a dedicated section at all. I’ve found some things in this “modernization” to be helpful and useful but in the grand scheme of things, it’s more time consuming and less efficient. Before the new process, the truck was unloaded by 6 starting at 4 and all box freight pushed by 8 with repacks being finished no later than 10 on a high count day. Now, push is being finished throughout the day or sometimes rolling over to the next.

Imo, guests are irritated and frustrated by having to maneuver through isles with a team member in them with a large vehicle of boxes as well as vice versa with team members trying to hurry up and achieve their goal of finishing their vehicle, zoning, and other responsibilities while guests ask them questions. Also, I feel that although it might be working for some team leads, overall, I believe there is a overwhelming amount of responsibility now being rested on team lead’s backs with a small compensation or any at all. Although I received a raise during my yearly review, I lost my $1 deferential with our store moving from 4 to 6am. So my raise was basically nothing overall.

Sorry for the long text of words but just wanted to let you know my situation at Target. In the future, I foresee the raises to GM team leads and team members alike to be very little compared to the responsibility that they will receive especially when Target honors their $15 hourly wage promise.

Thank you all! I talked to HR today and she told me to submit a punch correction and was going to find out who all closed with me that night and have them do the same or change it herself (can she do that legally?) and another tm had their husband mention it to HRBP who was walking today. We both close and he sees her more often and even talk often. I hope she gets canned for this crap I didnt think it was suddenly ok but with everything I dont know anymore. This chick has already had hotlune called on her for other things i dont see a point to keep kicking that rock

SUGGESTION FOR CORPORATE

During summer lower power mode, half the lights go off. A good idea is keep it like this year round. It looks better and we can see the spotlights better
And more sustainable. I was recently at a walmart and with the big sky lights they have in the roof, light sensors were also installed so that when there is more light coming in, the lights connected to the sensor for that area would dim. Not to mention how Walmart is switching to LED lights. Why can't target do this?

And more sustainable. I was recently at a walmart and with the big sky lights they have in the roof, light sensors were also installed so that when there is more light coming in, the lights connected to the sensor for that area would dim. Not to mention how Walmart is switching to LED lights. Why can't target do this?

Oh that's nice!

All I care about is that the fucking track lighting is basically USELESS when we're in full power mode.

That person who thought that is the same person who has never done any of what we do a day in their life .Still were given total control to make nation wide changes to cookie cut the process and eliminate ASANTS thus creating a domino effect of chaos. They have no joke been telling us to slow down and speed up at the same time. This person is a joke of a leader and makes a living off of running companies into the dirt.
So the first thing you do is call the Integrity hotline and report this abuse of power. It is not okay to work off the clock.

From the day that we're born till the moment we're dead
We live for one thing and that's getting this bread
But Cornell fucked my timecard and thought it was funny
So I whipped out my nine and said "GIVE ME MY MONEY!"
He cried "Oh shit, don't shoot, I'll do anything, please!"
And I said "You ain't doing shit except bringing me this cheese!"
He said "It's not here, you see, we're now overspent"
So I said "That's a shame, but you're still paying my rent"
But Cornell kept on whining that business was slow
But I went through his pockets and found all my dough!
I reflected that day as I left with my gold
As you see boys and girls, it pays to be bold!
Always make sure to show up with a Glock
In case some dip ever tells you to work off the clock!

poetry slam, who's in

I get paid 13.06 / hour they want me to know my sales goal and comp,???

I can’t even remember my age I have to subtract the year I was born from this year all the time. And I also have to know what day it is for expired food.

Ain’t nobody got time for this I’m too busy pushing truck all day with 240 pieces of produce and 2 pallets of vendor milk.

Im a 4 hour shift

Ding ding! We have a winner, folks.

The most guest facing thing I can do is be in stock. And maintain a decent zone and full endcaps and sidecaps.

But I need the payroll to do it all.

True that. I’ve busted my ass doing everything that’s expected of me and am the go to person for everything, even with that I got the “average” review rating. Why the hell would I go above and beyond when effort is not recognized? I don’t give a shit if it’s “part of my job”. Go ahead and fire me if you want

Back