MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Target is named Financial company of the year by Yahoo. Brian Cornell is named CEO of the year by CNN. Target’s stock almost doubles. Modernization is going to be a big factor to many for this success so be prepared for more duties to be added to this modernization plan in the coming year. Raising the wage to $14 an hour first then eventually $15 by the end of the years will just add responsibilities to all.

Target is named Financial company of the year by Yahoo. Brian Cornell is named CEO of the year by CNN. Target’s stock almost doubles. Modernization is going to be a big factor to many for this success so be prepared for more duties to be added to this modernization plan in the coming year. Raising the wage to $14 an hour first then eventually $15 by the end of the years will just add responsibilities to all.
Be prepared for much more turnover.

Very exciting times. The best.

/s

They will push you to the point of injury, exhaustion and stress. Not good for your health. Go to TSC, get a voluntary termination paper, fill it out, be brief, turn it in and say NOTHING. Finish out your 2 wks, punch out, slap your name tag on the desk and leave. Say nothing. Nobody gives a flying fuck about your health and sanity, get something else, plenty out there.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
They will push you to the point of injury, exhaustion and stress. Not good for your health. Go to TSC, get a voluntary termination paper, fill it out, be brief, turn it in and say NOTHING. Finish out your 2 wks, punch out, slap your name tag on the desk and leave. Say nothing. Nobody gives a flying fuck about your health and sanity, get something else, plenty out there.
They don't use paper anymore. You have to resign via computer.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
I roll with the punches. The only stress I feel is the stress I put on myself, and I'm doing much better at letting stuff go. Perhaps I am blessed with decent leadership, but I don't feel pressured, and never felt like anyone was breathing down my neck, never felt that I didn't do enough or that leadership feels that I don't do enough.

Not sure if other stores have started this new process yet, but its working wonders now. Sort team is now 5-6 people who work 6-1:30pm and unload truck, and then push as much freight as they can until they leave. Weve been doing it for about 2 weeks now, and were getting to where theyre doing atleast 75% of the GM truck, although my store is a big grocery store. We call it the "Swat Team", although its basically a mini flow team. Its given the DBOs more time to actually get workload, brand, fill done now. Today my Chem/Pet/Paper guy didnt have to push a single thing off the truck and was able to get his revisions caught up. Tomorrow we start draining the back room with 1 to 1 pulls. It sounds like they may be rolling this out to everyone soon.
I roll with the punches. The only stress I feel is the stress I put on myself, and I'm doing much better at letting stuff go. Perhaps I am blessed with decent leadership, but I don't feel pressured, and never felt like anyone was breathing down my neck, never felt that I didn't do enough or that leadership feels that I don't do enough.
Same here! The stress I felt each day when I didn’t make my numbers when I worked commissioned retail was exhausting. This is much more manageable.

I am John wick just cut me loose on the young punks I gotta work with and cut me or shoot at me or piss me off a little more or fuck with my dog and c how u like me now......merry fuckin xxxmas !!!!!

I am John wick just cut me loose on the young punks I gotta work with and cut me or shoot at me or piss me off a little more or fuck with my dog and c how u like me now......merry fuckin xxxmas !!!!!
I think you’re the love baby of John Wick and John McClane.

Well, I survived this year relatively okay, but of my entire front end (S&E) with the recent departure of one of our GSTLs (or excuse me "SETLs) I'm one of the two longest-serving TMs in S&E. This isn't my primary career, but I'm chagrined that I've lasted and I actually enjoyed working this holiday Christmas season more than any in the past. With the big typical January cut in hours, this is a good time to refocus my energies on landing a better-paying job - probably not retail - and taking pride that I've actually enjoyed my work recently in spite of losing so many co-workers. My store has probably navigated the modernization somewhat better than some stores others here have mentioned. (PS I really liked the SETL who left after many years, they left an imprint on me and they have exited Tar-jay for pursuits in a different line of work.)