MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Me: Hey, I just got another order for 5 of these in your section. We don't have any and haven't sold any for over 200 days. Can I audit them out already so they don't keep popping up?

The dumb TL in the building: No audits. They'll mess up our replenishment.

Me: We're supposed to have 12 on hand, what replenishment are we messing up unless we let them know we don't have any so they'll actually replenish our supply?

The dumb TL in the building:

I know this is an ASANTS thing but-

Me: (audits missing item because there hasn't been any in what feels like forever) Hey, TL, just an FYI I audited this item because we don't have it and guests keep asking because the website says we do. (Week or two later, missing item replenishes from truck) 🤯

band_rules16

Former Wave Master
Terrifically!

They're also considering firing what basically amounts to all the cart attendants. With no ready replacements.

Send help
Yep, at my old store practically all of ours quit because their hours were slashed so horribly. Any replacements that came in quit after a couple of weeks. It's a grand old time and they started sending cashiers (advocates, whatever) out to get carts when it's slow at night. They call out to GM/style/market if it's busy and there aren't any.

I'm glad I escaped, but I feel bad for my former coworkers. The useful ones anyway.

Yep, at my old store practically all of ours quit because their hours were slashed so horribly. Any replacements that came in quit after a couple of weeks. It's a grand old time and they started sending cashiers (advocates, whatever) out to get carts when it's slow at night. They call out to GM/style/market if it's busy and there aren't any.

I'm glad I escaped, but I feel bad for my former coworkers. The useful ones anyway.
Yes, 3 seasonals quit. They took a look at scedule and bailed. Alas, they were the "keepers."

I was a dbo and got promoted to gmtl with presentation last September. Since then I've managed to see both good and bad of modernization. It is what it is. However, our store has lost the food & Bev team lead, ETL-SE, ETL-GM and the specialty sales ETL is leaving in a week. All of them have said the same thing...the changes are too much and it's time to move on.
I truly believe modernization highlights the differences in stores and mainly leadership. At this point, we are stretched so thin it's absolutely ridiculous.

She’s only 51. You don’t retire that young unless it’s not going your way. When it was announced it was also in the same announcement that we missed expectations for Q4.
Sorry I didn’t see the announcement. My SD just announced it at the same huddle where he told everyone my job was eliminated and they have to set their own pogs. Lol.