MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Employees won't be associates.. they will be experts(food,br,flow,fufillment) advocates(front end), and consultants(a&a, electronics, and beauty).

Again...how can we know which stores are part of this pilot? Is there a list that can be posted?

Also...and I'm sorry, but "advocate" is such a stupid term for front end TMs. The actual meaning of "advocate" is nowhere near what is actually done as a cashier or GSTM.

We're a part of the pilot it seems and this is actually stupid especially the title changes associate lead and leader are dumb af. They're changing the way the entire company speaks for no good reason and the sad thing is this is what they do at the highest level come up with dumb ass shit that doesn't really do anything

You lose your title due to the position changing, you CAN lose pay.
You can not lost your pay. It's as simple as that. Only title will change. But your position in your pay grade may change. But from what I understand they have not even touched pay grades as part of this roll out until it goes company wide.

Again...how can we know which stores are part of this pilot? Is there a list that can be posted?

Also...and I'm sorry, but "advocate" is such a stupid term for front end TMs. The actual meaning of "advocate" is nowhere near what is actually done as a cashier or GSTM.

Well they will actually be service advocates and engagement advocates. Cart attandants will be front of store attandants

If each tm is an expert in an area, will there be less cross trained tms?

I feel as if there will still be cross trained TM's. The "expert" title is to just look good in front of the guests (I think). Does food expert sound better to you as a guest than food team member?

Last edited:
I feel as if there will still be cross trained TM's. The "expert" title is to just look good in front of the guests (I think). Does electronics expert sound better to you as a guest than an electronics team member?

It says electronics will now be "consultants"

We've been doing it for over a year and it doesn't work at our store. We are slowly going back to older ways. There are way too many moving parts. It's pure chaos.

and Yes, they did bump it up to $12.00 an hour for new team members, but you're always going to have team members that just do the minimum. Whether it's $12.00 or $7.50 an hour, they won't appreciate or care about the pay bump... It's guaranteed.

Last edited:
You can not lost your pay. It's as simple as that. Only title will change. But your position in your pay grade may change. But from what I understand they have not even touched pay grades as part of this roll out until it goes company wide.

That may be Spot's position (for now anyway), however, if your position no longer exists, and you are placed in a new one, your pay can be changed.

At my store, over in electronics, I’ve already heard the words “consultants” and “associates” also from 11am-6pm we are required to stand by the boat and guest service. No task-like things allowed. We have to record every single sale that we make and pretty much are required to meet the sales goal that the electronics leader tells us. We are also tested daily on product knowledge. All of the leaders take turns coming over randoming, they pick a TM and a random product and you’re expected to know everything about it. (We are a pilot store)

Back