MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
do you know how hard it is to find the perfect picture of a dumpster fire? I mean one that perfectly relates to where are, where we are headed and how far we have fallen? I mean it is down right difficult. but this is what I have come up with.
m94iBTV.jpg

yeah kind a big and you can almost smell it, can't you? Kinda like our meat cooler or the dairy cooler on a good day.

I bet this is why all the leads have been locked up in 2 hour meetings every god damn day for the last week.

I've been hesitant to fill out some job apps and make plans to move on because sunk-cost fallacy, but it's beginning to look like a better and better idea. But then again wherever I end up may be in the midst of rolling out its own version of this cancer so maybe it's a wash

Yeah, my store is one of the 26 district (I have the list of the district but would rather not post it ;S). I'm waiting along side the other LEADS at my store to find out if we are getting moved to another store or not. The ETLS (LEADERS) already knows where they are all getting shuffled to. This is all being rolled out April 2nd :O

We've been doing it for over a year and it doesn't work at our store. We are slowly going back to older ways. There are way too many moving parts. It's pure chaos.

and Yes, they did bump it up to $12.00 an hour for new team members, but you're always going to have team members that just do the minimum. Whether it's $12.00 or $7.50 an hour, they won't appreciate or care about the pay bump... It's guaranteed.

They will, if their Lead(er) "allows" it. A lazy, lax Team Member will only be lazy and lax if we let them. The Lead(er) needs to: Set expectations, follow through, and be consistent and vigilant about the expectations until the TM's results are consistently at that level. Period.

Yeah, my store is one of the 26 district (I have the list of the district but would rather not post it ;S). I'm waiting along side the other LEADS at my store to find out if we are getting moved to another store or not. The ETLS (LEADERS) already knows where they are all getting shuffled to. This is all being rolled out April 2nd :O

wait, why would you get moved to another store? what am I missing? Wouldn't a Lead just get a specific area? why a different store?

Are the chosen few across the whole country or clustered in the same general vicinity?
All over the country.

wait, why would you get moved to another store? what am I missing? Wouldn't a Lead just get a specific area? why a different store?
Stores in our district are going through a head count reduction of ETLs (Leaders) and TL (Leads). In addition to some positions getting eliminated in the last change (Signing/POG TL, etc). So some people are getting shuffled around (not all but some).

This is all still top secret at our store after their meetings on Monday,two diferent tls told me they were not allowed to discuss what they were told at the meetings,told them they didn't have to,I had already learned everything in the breakroom,my source for much more reliable info then I can ever got in my store,which still operates on a need to know basis,actually sometimes they won't even tell you even if your really need to know,thanks for all the great info.

What's the word on the closing lead/leader? Will it be the same person Mon-Fri as mentioned in other posts? And will it be on a Sr. TL?

They want the same person mon-fri so there is consistent expectations on what needs to happen and how.

Oy. The title name changes are silly and unnecessary - and a brand-new employee is already an expert? Even as long as I've been there, I'm never going to list "expert" on a job app as a job title.
Totally agree with all the comments about how the suits seem to like change for the sake of change and have no clue how it really works on the ground.
With the consistently short shifts I've been getting since 4th quarter (substantially less than previous 1st quarters), I've already been thinking I should be looking elsewhere. Looks like maybe I need to get serious about it.

The more I think about this, it kinda makes sense. The current pay grades for leadership (at least in my neck of the woods) starts around 14/hour. IF the goal is to get the base rate to 15 by 2020... then technically -in Target's eyes- new hires and TMs will be getting leadership level pay... so, by this thought process, wouldn't it make sense that they'd also get leadership level responsibility?

15 at base TM would be required to do a lot more than current TM at current base. So, shuffle duties around that normally would be held by smaller group of TM. Expect Global cross-training at $15/hour. Thin out current employees that don't meet those expectations and hire higher quality employees going forward (considering that Target will be paying more than current minimum, more applicants will likely be applying).

This is a hypothesis, and I'm certainly no business degree holder (ART BABY!), but it makes logical sense to me that Target will be separating the wheat from the shaft going forward. So, TMs that don't meet the grade will be termed, regardless of current role.

Back