MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
At my store, over in electronics, I’ve already heard the words “consultants” and “associates” also from 11am-6pm we are required to stand by the boat and guest service. No task-like things allowed. We have to record every single sale that we make and pretty much are required to meet the sales goal that the electronics leader tells us. We are also tested daily on product knowledge. All of the leaders take turns coming over randoming, they pick a TM and a random product and you’re expected to know everything about it. (We are a pilot store)

So if not servicing a guest, you are given time to study the products so that you can know everything?

My store is part. Wondering what's going to happen to my GSA position. Of course, we've been told nothing. I only know that because I overheard an ETL (oops, leader) telling a TL (oops, Lead) about it.

Yup. Target has historically allowed TMs/TLs to keep pay when positions disappear, but I'm not sure we can count on that going forward.

Overall I like these changes (except for the Lead/Leader nonsense). However, as with all new ideas that corporate comes up with, it's all in the execution.

DEPENDING ON STORE VOLUME: There may be a dedicated Shipt (or multiple) employee(s) (not contractor) walking the store and gathering items for guest orders, and will leave them in the assigned area in the backroom for the Shipt contractors to pick them up and drive them to the guest.
Shipt order picker would be a sweet part time gig! Pick the orders and don't waste gas doing the delivery part.

Is there any word on if this will have an affect on receiving?
I'm sure receiving was forgotten about, as normal.

lol @ my STL (Store Director?) being LOD all the time when he's in the building (that'll happen ;) )
Can't wait until Fall National Meeting...no LOD for the week anywhere in the country!

Employees won't be associates.. they will be experts(food,br,flow,fufillment) advocates(front end), and consultants(a&a, electronics, and beauty).
Hmm does this mean my beauty team will need to get new shirts? Lol. I got some custom shirts made that say "beauty expert" on the front because that's what they were calling us at our store.

What's the word on the closing lead/leader? Will it be the same person Mon-Fri as mentioned in other posts? And will it be on a Sr. TL?

What's the word on the closing lead/leader? Will it be the same person Mon-Fri as mentioned in other posts? And will it be on a Sr. TL?
It does not need to be a current senior. Since that is being phased out its just a lead that is trained in closing procedures. They are basically tasked with making sure the store is ready for the morning team.

Is there any word on if this will have an affect on receiving?
They will be back of store experts. I knew this was going to be coming at dome point. Basically all back of store experts will be trained to pull, Blackstock, receive, esim, sweeps, mir's, etc. They will all be expected to cover all back of store functions.

I understand sorting boxes at the DC by department for store side efficiency. I've often wondered why they didn't do that.

However, for individual departments to push their own freight every day..that's simply not going to work. Not at my store anyway. Not without some kind of flow team.

Right now I have a couple E2E areas that are horribly understaffed. Is another department going to have to pick up the slack? Will these departments get more hours to compensate?

I understand sorting boxes at the DC by department for store side efficiency. I've often wondered why they didn't do that.

However, for individual departments to push their own freight every day..that's simply not going to work. Not at my store anyway. Not without some kind of flow team.

Right now I have a couple E2E areas that are horribly understaffed. Is another department going to have to pick up the slack? Will these departments get more hours to compensate?
The only freight flow should be pushing now is the essential departments all other E2E teams should be pushing their own. So the only difference is the essentials will be pushed by the general merchandise experts. The truck unload will be handled by the inbound experts. And the stores have a lot of say at this point on when and how that process is going to work. Remember this is a pilot. There is going to be a lot of things each district will try to see what works best.

I forsee a shit show.

We lost a shitton of space with fucking Google Express and now we're getting Shipt crammed onto us? Christ.

And for the hundredth time, corporate, stop obliterating task teams. I get that you want to "Sell Sell Sell!" but spoiler alert, the people who "Sell Sell Sell!" won't be able to task stuff if they're busy selling.

The only freight flow should be pushing now is the essential departments all other E2E teams should be pushing their own. So the only difference is the essentials will be pushed by the general merchandise experts. The truck unload will be handled by the inbound experts. And the stores have a lot of say at this point on when and how that process is going to work. Remember this is a pilot. There is going to be a lot of things each district will try to see what works best.
RIP my district

My DTL loves to just throw stuff at the wall to see if it sticks, no matter how half-baked. Won't even hesitate given the opportunity.

GGPOfpX.jpg

Back