MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My ETL-LOG says he likes the 6am process better than overnight because of the "sense of urgency" thing but I'm calling bullshit on that. Sense of urgency is part of your core role regardless if you're working a full shift or a short one or what time you start. If a TM isn't keeping up the pace then that's an accountability issue that you're supposed to deal with, Mr. ETL. But did I mention how much I hate pushing fucking seasonal during Q4 when the light wall is mobbed out? It seems a sense of urgency is useless when you literally can't move around due to the crowds because the process was thought up by some ivory tower moron at corporate.
Devils advocate: why is it so urgent to put out freight that will simply set for hours until someone picks it up to buy it?

Is everyone launching Drive Up next week?

Nope, have it. That damn car horn is irritating. All I can think when I hear it is another lazy guest (I know they ALL aren't) is here waiting for a Target servant to drop what they are doing, dutifully trot out with their package, plop it in their trunk, hand them a free popcorn, and then thank them for the pleasure.

We have had curb side since we became a beta store . We probably get a few orders a day .

Seriously remodel and heavy demolition during open hours what high school drop out in corporate figured that was a great plan. Daddy's money better be deep to pay for guest injuries
God the more crap they throw at us that completely lacks any bit of sense makes me want to quit and move to a damned mountain. Yes I take this disaster of changes seriously because I used to be damned proud of my team and what we did every night!

Not only bring it out, but place the goods in the guest's truck and gift them with a free popcorn.
Which begs the question, what do we do with the popcorn if they don’t want it? Or if the drive up is at a store that no longer has Food Ave and by extension wouldn’t have the popcorn?

Which begs the question, what do we do with the popcorn if they don’t want it? Or if the drive up is at a store that no longer has Food Ave and by extension wouldn’t have the popcorn?

The popcorn thing isn’t a corporate requirement for the Drive Up program, it’s just something that person’s store is doing.

Not only bring it out, but place the goods in the guest's truck and gift them with a free popcorn.
I use drive-up pretty frequently and I’ve never gotten popcorn :(

I’ve never had the TM put the stuff in my trunk for me either. I usually get out and open the trunk, and they hand me the items.

I use drive-up pretty frequently and I’ve never gotten popcorn :(

I’ve never had the TM put the stuff in my trunk for me either. I usually get out and open the trunk, and they hand me the items.
You haven't been to the right store yet. We have popcorn. We have popcorn that waits after food ave is closed for dude who loves to drive up near close. We have repeat drive people who love buying big things or small things.

What if I want the free popcorn but I don't have a car? Do I just make an order and go stand in the parking space?

...I should totally do that to fuck with my coworkers.

Just wait til it's just about time for FA to close and the FA TM puts out the leftovers as samples!

I'm curious with the modernization pilot how have the service engagement and general merchandise leader positions change? I want to know what my focus should be on with these roles should I apply again for these positions.

For task stuff, have become very difficult for everyone. Guests first, tasks, second. Shelves are empty because items are not pulling, etc...you do audits & no one pull them.
Spot needs to decide pickup from backroom or from the shelves? Payroll for all areas to do those things.
Stupid question, how do you get a service plan for a pickup of a tv?

For task stuff, have become very difficult for everyone. Guests first, tasks, second. Shelves are empty because items are not pulling, etc...you do audits & no one pull them.
Spot needs to decide pickup from backroom or from the shelves? Payroll for all areas to do those things.
Stupid question, how do you get a service plan for a pickup of a tv?
If you mean online pickup I think you can add the plan online.

Back