MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The whole modernization process should be finalized and rolled out by January week one. Apparently they believe they will get all the kinks out by then and feel confident in the process. We had a big visit will all the group directors and they told us that.

The whole modernization process should be finalized and rolled out by January week one. Apparently they believe they will get all the kinks out by then and feel confident in the process. We had a big visit will all the group directors and they told us that.

Q1 doesn't start until February so a month of trial and error?

No one at HQ has one iota of sense or patience. They continually push things out to store level well before they are ready for prime time.

So, I predict they will push it out to all stores the middle of 4Q.

No need to bother wasting time with post-Christmas store recovery when you have Modernization!

I'm curious with the modernization pilot how have the service engagement and general merchandise leader positions change? I want to know what my focus should be on with these roles should I apply again for these positions.

Service and Engagement Lead hasn't changed much, be prepared to GSTL.

Market has been like this for over a year at my store and now with the hour changes it has gotten worse over there which I didn't think was possible. I was told by one of them that they have only come clean 2 times since they switched to their new process over a year ago.
Yeah Market literally has only come clean less than a handful of times since they switched last year. They all hate it and blame each other and act all nice to each other when they're scheduled together. I can't see how that type of team gives a fuck if they ever finish the previous day(s) tasks let alone the day they are scheduled's tasks.

E2E so far at my store has proved a shitshow. Market seems to have it figured out but that’s because they’re the workcenter that has had the e2e approach longest and they’ve got solid staffing and leadership there. Softlines has fallen hopelessly behind, but there’s enough TMs in that workcenter in theory to get the job done. Beauty currently has no team members at all, so as you can imagine that means there are shelves in some parts of beauty that are totally devoid of product. Hardlines audit rarely gets done because all backup cashiering gets shoved onto the tiny hardlines team because softlines is trying to catch up to the workload, so hardlines is OOS city. Electronics is decently staffed and manages to get their audit done, but not everything seems to be getting replenished afterwards like it should, but I expect that’s more the DC not sending the stuff to the store at appropriate intervals than the team not pushing. Flow has been abysmally staffed despite the TL’s pressure on HR to fill the two dozen plus open positions, so good luck getting anywhere in the back or through certain aisles.

What if I want the free popcorn but I don't have a car? Do I just make an order and go stand in the parking space?

...I should totally do that to fuck with my coworkers.
You think that's a joke, eh? We actually had someone do that and it took five minutes for them to figure out that was what was going on. He finally came in and said thats what he did. I was leaving for the day and almost spat out my drink when I heard it.

So no please don't do that. It will mess up the system.

For task stuff, have become very difficult for everyone. Guests first, tasks, second. Shelves are empty because items are not pulling, etc...you do audits & no one pull them.
Spot needs to decide pickup from backroom or from the shelves? Payroll for all areas to do those things.
Stupid question, how do you get a service plan for a pickup of a tv?
You don't. I have tried. It doesn't work the way the system is currently configured.

Also, can some convince Consumer cellular that we don't do anything for their customers but sell them phones. In the last week, he have had at least 20 CC customers come in for service. I resorted to letting TM use a Amazon fire tablet to help them so they don't complain. :(:mad::(:mad:

I’ve been on LOA since May.
I’m a Planogram TM.
I’ll return in mid August.
I left an ON team with limited hours.
We were an SMHV store.

What kind of Shitshow should I expect?
No POG team when you return for starters. Your backroom will look like christmas all year around.

E2E so far at my store has proved a shitshow. Market seems to have it figured out but that’s because they’re the workcenter that has had the e2e approach longest and they’ve got solid staffing and leadership there. Softlines has fallen hopelessly behind, but there’s enough TMs in that workcenter in theory to get the job done. Beauty currently has no team members at all, so as you can imagine that means there are shelves in some parts of beauty that are totally devoid of product. Hardlines audit rarely gets done because all backup cashiering gets shoved onto the tiny hardlines team because softlines is trying to catch up to the workload, so hardlines is OOS city. Electronics is decently staffed and manages to get their audit done, but not everything seems to be getting replenished afterwards like it should, but I expect that’s more the DC not sending the stuff to the store at appropriate intervals than the team not pushing. Flow has been abysmally staffed despite the TL’s pressure on HR to fill the two dozen plus open positions, so good luck getting anywhere in the back or through certain aisles.
If the audit is getting done and the items aren't arriving its either an shelf cap issue or it needs to be my supported.

No one wants to be paid to off load freight for two hours and then push for an hour in the early morning. Honestly, this is part of the problem. The people they need aren't applying because they want 8 hr shifts 5 days a week.
So the people they get are the ones who are generally a problem. If spot gets lucky they last a month and vanish.

It’s officially just me and my handful of fresh out of orientation trainees in hardlines headed into BTS season, with almost a dozen hardlines spots open. RIP me, and RIP my trainees as they learn how to calm the raging parents mad that target doesn’t carry the kind of folder on their kids’ list.

Back