MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fire marshal in my county don't take that stuff well. 15 years ago maybe they slapped us with a $20,000 fine for a fire hall being blocked.
Mine would shit a brick, possibly get someone fired if he thought they were lying and ignoring him on purpose.

I always love when ours asks TMs if the fire exits were blocked before he got here when it's obvious that we just rushed to move everything when the CA warned us he saw his car. Is lying to the fire marshall a crime? :rolleyes:

We were told at my store that Presentation is not only staying but we will be taking over ownership of SPLs in addition to our normal workload.
We were also told were staying and we already do SPLs and soft lines. Just Not tables.

How is everyone else unload going so far? It's been terrible for us. Good for extra hours, but that is about it. We're are a ULV (23 M) store with approx. 14 left on the FL Team. We get some help on the unload (couple of hours).

We're using 5 TM plus Flow TL and the Log ETL at 6AM unload. I believe we have another FL TM come in around this time to work on SL repacks. I don't really know because I'm so damn busy unloading the truck to notice when they actually start.

Next Flow TM starts at 6:30 AM and starts pushing hard lines.

Truck avg. about 2 hrs w/limited repack sort (avg. 1950 pcs.). About 90% of all repacks go out on a vehicle to their department.

We all (incl. TL & Log ETL) head off to an area after unload with a vehicle (uboat/pallet/flat/tub) except for one of us. That TM stays behind and pulls as many of the extra pallets and other vehicles off the floor. Once done, they start pushing bulk.

Then we have 5 more starting push at 8AM. 2-3 start in Softlines, while the other head off to one of the other hardline depts.

Finally 2 more at 10AM.

Roughly 72 hrs scheduled. We've been working way more than this and still can't come clean even with other help when available at times. We're not use to this at all. I can't recall very many times we couldn't come clean in my 8 yrs with Spot. Even then, it was very little left due to an extreme event.

This week will be tough with back to back trucks (Fri & Sat). Hopefully we won't be scrambling for flats, tubs, and the few market uboats we have.

We never have a full crew on Sat. either.

Anyone do it differently or have better way? More or less Team Members?

This is just IGNORANT! It'll cross the STUPID threshold once/if we learn that there is a better way!

I wouldn't mind doing SPLs if they'd actually give us the adjacency so we know what endcaps to use, instead of that information all living in the PPTL and HLTLs' heads.

How? We were always told we had to mySupport to get adjacencies.
Adjacencies are one of the quicklinks in the left as soon as you log in. As for SPLs theyre not typically on adjacencies unless it’s a big reset. If it’s only a couple resetting thatweek you just have to decide on your own based on discontinue dates or low inventory

Spl locations are on adjacencies and you keep using the same locations for sales planners (1f or 2b for example) until you get a new adjacency. F means it's a front end cap and B means it's a back one. You just find the location on the adjacency and set it there. If you don't have the adjacency handy just go look at the previous sale planners header labels to determine location.

Adjacencies are one of the quicklinks in the left as soon as you log in. As for SPLs theyre not typically on adjacencies unless it’s a big reset. If it’s only a couple resetting thatweek you just have to decide on your own based on discontinue dates or low inventory

Wrong. Please see below:

Spl locations are on adjacencies and you keep using the same locations for sales planners (1f or 2b for example) until you get a new adjacency. F means it's a front end cap and B means it's a back one. You just find the location on the adjacency and set it there. If you don't have the adjacency handy just go look at the previous sale planners header labels to determine location.

Exactly this! It amazes me how so many people in so many stores seem to not know this information and just wing it with the salesplans. Corporate has literally taken the guesswork out of where to put them and people just don't know.

Wrong. Please see below:

Exactly this! It amazes me how so many people in so many stores seem to not know this information and just wing it with the salesplans. Corporate has literally taken the guesswork out of where to put them and people just don't know.
I knew this but was always told it only applied to big resets. I didn’t realize the new incoming SPLs also have the 1f 3b thing.

I knew this but was always told it only applied to big resets. I didn’t realize the new incoming SPLs also have the 1f 3b thing.

With big resets inline, the salesplan locations *may* change along with them, usually to better align with what moves in the department. Once those first salesplans set after an inline reset, they stay in those locations until a new reset comes along.

And sometimes even with a big reset, the salesplans won't move around at all. But it's always good to check, just in case.

Would this apply to the checklanes?
Also, are label strips and salesplanners sent to the stores? Our p0g TL gave me a stack of salesplanners and the label strips once. Only once. (For the checklane endcaps)

Also, are label strips and salesplanners sent to the stores? Our p0g TL gave me a stack of salesplanners and the label strips once. Only once. (For the checklane endcaps)

Yes, they probably just throw them away every week just like mine does.

There are times when I don't follow the adjacency. HQ placement just didn't make sense. It's summer, I did not set the summer treat POG on a back endcap. Toasters and waffle makers got put there.
Totally understandable.

Yep. Though after remodel our check lane adjacency was jacked up and even after my supporting it it has never been fixed. I think they just put them where they want, though I did have to argue with them and make them move the cell phone accessories endcap to a front one because it was supposed to replace my old movie one but instead they just flexed whatever there. The phone accessories didn’t sell because they seldom use the back registers. Once I got them to move it, stuff started selling off it.

Yes, stores usually get label strips for them. If I see them I will grab them for the front end. They just look nicer to me. I’d rather use my label strips on the new release endcap than the printed ones.

Yes, they probably just throw them away every week just like mine does.

Probably true. I throw all of ours out every week. Salesplans should be treated as flex or ptm so it is easier to move stuff around to maintain a full presentaton. Printing all the labels makes this easier.

My PPTL said she was hearing about 3 or 4 variations where some models kept POG/Pricing and others do not. On here I'm overwhelmingly seeing most do not keep them.

Getting rid of POG is/was prob one of if not the most dumb decision of all the modernization stuff. We are weeks behind everywhere in relation to most POGs. In market it is so bad that sections are starting to just fall out schematic so anything you scan wont show a location since its not tied anymore. Thankfully we are finally catching up late last week and this week but man its annoying

It really is a process to get used to. It sucks but it is what it is. There will be push left over because. Sales floor in the afternoon/night will now be responsible for more than just half assed zones and be expected to work while they are there. At least that is the theory. Isn't that why we are all paid the same?

LOL I used to work alot of nights and I can tell you working at nights was NEVER fun at all and dayside had it much much easier. I love only working days now and not having to deal with the shit show that happens after 3 or so. Its changed alot since ive worked nights though. Before we had to do massive reshop carts while backing up for an hour + every shift plus zoning huge blocks. I was so lucky I had to also back up pharmacy at one point since they forced me to get certified

Back