MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Same at my store, presentation and pricing are staying. So does that mean that Sales Floor TLs and Tms don't have to do salesplanners anymore?

Is backroom going away next year for all stores? Also, I heard a rumor that for 2019 consumables will get have two TLs, one for Pfresh and one for dry market, is that true?

I hope so..I would hop on the dry market TL position all day and try to get it

Wrong. Please see below:

Exactly this! It amazes me how so many people in so many stores seem to not know this information and just wing it with the salesplans. Corporate has literally taken the guesswork out of where to put them and people just don't know.

I didnt know this...when did they change this? Also where is it just on the adj page? I know before the POG TL would have to manually map the things out, or that is what they told me they had to do.

LOL I used to work alot of nights and I can tell you working at nights was NEVER fun at all and dayside had it much much easier. I love only working days now and not having to deal with the shit show that happens after 3 or so. Its changed alot since ive worked nights though. Before we had to do massive reshop carts while backing up for an hour + every shift plus zoning huge blocks. I was so lucky I had to also back up pharmacy at one point since they forced me to get certified
That’s insane to say that dayside has it easy. Dayside backroom does flex fill, pulls all the pogs, all the manual caf, all the stocking that flow doesn’t finish, plus the manual caf, all the price change , sets the line for overnight , all the vendors ,13 steps. How is that easy? Overnight had to I load and stock , no guest to deal with no reports .

I didnt know this...when did they change this? Also where is it just on the adj page? I know before the POG TL would have to manually map the things out, or that is what they told me they had to do.
I've been at Target 11 years. Adjacencies have been around the whole time I've been here.

Are there front of the store adjacencies that include the checklanes?

Yes, but with endcaps there's no designated 01F, 02F like other departments (except for permanent end caps like new release movies). Use your best judgement and pick which sales planner will sell best for each checklane location.

Are there front of the store adjacencies that include the checklanes?
I try to place them using single price points of food/HHC on the back end caps and things people will stop and look at for a second like beauty/exclusive product on the fronts. That way, you can sign it well and shout value from further away and maybe make a sale from the signing vs not selling beauty/movies from the back

How many of y’all just keep seeing random carts or tubs through out your store filled with trash/fixtures/random product? This didn’t happen until we started this 6am process.

What is an adjacency?
The adjacency map is an overhead visual of how a particular floor area should be arranged. This map gives you the layout of where particular convertibles, shippers, and aisles should be placed. The adjacency map is primarily used in softlines and seasonal, but may be used in any department if needed. Each store layout has a unique adjacency map. The key point of an adjacency map is to ensure a consistent experience throughout every Target, but it also serves to ensure aisles are not cramped and product will fit correctly. The adjacency map is used by the PPTL to map out planograms and ensure accurate location changes. Copies of the adjacency map should be kept by the PPTL and PMT.

Ahh, floor plan. Cool. Heaven forbid they call it that.

When I train new team members, I tell them to think of the salesplans or POGs as a blueprint. It's a little easier to understand using non target lingo. Peg placement .. have you played the game Battleship? Think of the pegboard as a map...

47A14A2B-CF9C-44AD-9839-4BCBA5648BEA.jpeg
In fact, there’s a POG tool called a Battleship.
It has letters, left and right, reverse and standard, corresponding to the holes in the pegboard; and a tape measure to pull down to the base deck. It attaches to the pegboard at the top. (Unfortunately it frequently rips the backer paper.)
You place the peg in the pegboard Just like the game.
It’s a training tool and was really handy when putting up pegs in unpegged paper.

We've only busted out the Battleship for one TM, and that's cuz he had trouble with the alphabet. It was very handy then!
I didn't like using it because I had trouble with it ripping the backer paper, like @BowBin mentioned.

where the heck u get that
Guarantee there's a store in your district that has them and doesn't want them. We have like 12 and it's because we took them from all the stores in our area were throwing them away and our old PPTL loved using them.

Adjacencies are one of the quicklinks in the left as soon as you log in. As for SPLs theyre not typically on adjacencies unless it’s a big reset. If it’s only a couple resetting thatweek you just have to decide on your own based on discontinue dates or low inventory
Sp are on adj.

Does anyone have a copy of the Store Modernization rollout guide? I hate how everything on Workbench's Pilot page denies access to things that aren't for your store. There seems to be some cool stuff on there to read.

Back