MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It definitely depends on what you're keyed as. Someone who is keyed as a cashier cannot be given supervisor access in POS, for example.
Does it error out? I had to be keyed a few weeks ago (™ not authorized bug) and the option for supervisor was there I could’ve sworn

We will have to differ with your comment on promoting those who work hard and put up with stuff. I know at least two people in my store who have been waiting months and keep getting told maybe next month. They are now looking elsewhere.
Remember, asants. I feel for your people who have been lied to. I agree with tmap98 (nice to see you)

I agree with you. In our current system the POG team is an extremely important team.

But if the company wants to dissolve it and they are driving efficiency, the only way to make it work is if they simplify the system. Not so many moves, changes in backer paper, fixtures etc.

Old product goes clearance, new product moves right into it's space. Simple. Not 300 hours of meaningless work

And if that new product is supposed to replace something clearance on the basedeck, but the new product is 2 inches taller and therefore requires you to move all the shelves up 2 notches to make it fit and you can't move the shelves without emptying them because that product is too heavy...not so simple.

There's also vendor politics that go into product placement. Those who pay up or have more sway get better spots and that's not going to change. Innovation (and along with that, market research) within pog changes keeps items fresh and steers the guest to look at more than just what they came in for which can drive sales.

Part of what is included in those "hours of meaningless work" is cleaning shelves (removing sticky spills, dusting), getting a deep zone and a deep fill, ensuring correct placement of items, cleaning up abandons/repackage/discarded items, correcting SFQ and maximizing sales floor quantities where applicable. None of that can really go away.

Again, why buy the cow if you can milk it for free. I don't mind helping out when needed, but to require us to fill in is taking advantage of us. Same goes for the GSA's who are doing the work of the GSTL's.
Yeah but to be fair that never ends. Any good leader is always taking weight off their leaders back how ever they can. I do a lot of crap that my ETL really should be doing but if it helps her out and makes me look good then I’m okay with it. If everyone in Target did what their JDs stayed the place would burn down. If you’re not willing to help out then you shouldn’t work in retail

Not in POS. anyone with sup access can give anyone else super access
This is not true. My STL thought so too but you must be keyed as either:
GSA\GSTL
Any TL
ETL
Electronics
Starbucks
Beauty
HR
(Possibly A&A) VM yes

You have to be atleast paygrade 35 to get supervisor access and I know this with 110% certainty.

GSA\GSTL
Any TL
ETL
Electronics
Starbucks
Beauty
HR
(Possibly A&A) VM yes

You have to be atleast paygrade 35 to get supervisor access and I know this with 110% certainty.

step 1: get myself keyed in as Starbucks (since i'm certified anyway)
step 2: get supervisor access in POS
step 3: ???
step 4: profit?

also HR is paygrade 30 but that's probably just an exception to the rule bc they need to requisition stuff.

step 1: get myself keyed in as Starbucks (since i'm certified anyway)
step 2: get supervisor access in POS
step 3: ???
step 4: profit?

also HR is paygrade 30 but that's probably just an exception to the rule bc they need to requisition stuff.
Yeah not sure why Starbucks has the option but they do. Every time I set up a new Starbucks TM in the POS, supervisor is always an option.

I know I don’t want to be promoted and am still “asked”. I say asked because if my STL walks up to me and says “hey AC, you can GSTL today, right?” It’s not really a question.

I honestly don’t mind it that much, but I do wish those days I had Sup access in POS ask I could actually help guests instead of calling the LOD

I agree, they should be able to key you in to have the codes. If they are wanting you to do the work, then they should be making it easier to do the job.
I should ask. I think the issue is if I get it then there are some other long time GSTMs who may feel they should get it to (and some of them should)

Yeah but to be fair that never ends. Any good leader is always taking weight off their leaders back how ever they can. I do a lot of crap that my ETL really should be doing but if it helps her out and makes me look good then I’m okay with it. If everyone in Target did what their JDs stayed the place would burn down. If you’re not willing to help out then you shouldn’t work in retail
Trust me, I go above and beyond my JD and it is noticed. However, based on recent changes, to view GSTM's and GSA's the same as a cashier and then expect them to do the job of the GSTL I believe is a bit unfair.

Yes, I know that. But based on the job descriptions in place for the GSA, our GSA's do more than just watch the front lanes.

If they're doing what's in their job description, they should not be acting as GSTLs. Literally the job description for GSA is to watch the front and direct traffic, manage breaks and call for backup when needed.

And if that new product is supposed to replace something clearance on the basedeck, but the new product is 2 inches taller and therefore requires you to move all the shelves up 2 notches to make it fit and you can't move the shelves without emptying them because that product is too heavy...not so simple.

There's also vendor politics that go into product placement. Those who pay up or have more sway get better spots and that's not going to change. Innovation (and along with that, market research) within pog changes keeps items fresh and steers the guest to look at more than just what they came in for which can drive sales.

Part of what is included in those "hours of meaningless work" is cleaning shelves (removing sticky spills, dusting), getting a deep zone and a deep fill, ensuring correct placement of items, cleaning up abandons/repackage/discarded items, correcting SFQ and maximizing sales floor quantities where applicable. None of that can really go away.
A pog I set today....A box of cereal on the second to top shelf. I refused to move all the top shelves up to account for 1 dpci. So I rearranged the merchandise and put it on the top shelf.

Electronics
Can confirm, I had a day i couldn't get on the register, and had the GSA set me up again. It gave him the option to give Supervisor access, and i jokingly said "mind setting me up with the supervisor access"

He laughed and walked away

They are at my store as well.

Sounds like you have bad leaders. GSA is not and never was intended to be GSTL with less pay. That's why they don't make 50 cents more than cashiers, because if they're only performing the roles that corporate has put into their job, they don't deserve to make more. This will take effect company wide with the modernization pilot, because scheduling will allow the GSTL to manage the team while the GSA is watching the front lanes.

Sounds like you have bad leaders. GSA is not and never was intended to be GSTL with less pay. That's why they don't make 50 cents more than cashiers, because if they're only performing the roles that corporate has put into their job, they don't deserve to make more. This will take effect company wide with the modernization pilot, because scheduling will allow the GSTL to manage the team while the GSA is watching the front lanes.

Then boy, am I glad I quit. This is NOT how it is at my store, and I'm sure @Amanda Cantwell and I aren't at the same location. Sounds like there are lots of bad leaders out there. (Not trying to be flip. That's just how it isn't at my store. I do far more than watch lanes.)

Then boy, am I glad I quit. This is NOT how it is at my store, and I'm fairly sure @Amanda Cantwell and I aren't at the same place. Sounds like there are lots of bad leaders out there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're being cheated if you become a GSA and take on TL responsibilities. GSA is not a leadership position and should not be treated like one.

Back