MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A pog I set today....A box of cereal on the second to top shelf. I refused to move all the top shelves up to account for 1 dpci. So I rearranged the merchandise and put it on the top shelf.

You're lucky it worked out so nicely and that everything was able to fit with rearranging. Sometimes it doesn't and you just have to suck it up and move the shelves.

So, honest question: what does a GSTL do? HR writes the schedule for the whole str and one of our GSA'S calls on all broken devices. So, I honestly don't know what they do all day (in the TSC).

Sometimes when there is no GSTL available the GSA needs to step up.

The GSAs at my store don't coach or do reviews. However, they do open or close all of the registers, make decisions about any problems at GS or on the lanes and pretty much anything else GSTLish. We have only 2 GSTLs which only covers 80 of the hours that we are open. So GSAs fill the remaining hours.

I have no idea how it's supposed to be, just how it is done at my store.

The GSAs at my store don't coach or do reviews. However, they do open or close all of the registers, make decisions about any problems at GS or on the lanes and pretty much anything else GSTLish. We have only 2 GSTLs which only covers 80 of the hours that we are open. So GSAs fill the remaining hours.

I have no idea how it's supposed to be, just how it is done at my store.
Same at my store.

Not every store operates that way, nor is that the expectation.
Not going to deny that every store is different nor is it the expectation but you have to admit with this E2E process rolling out to all the stores, it will eventually become the norm. Just today we were asked by our STL to backstock freight (backstock from a newly set POG) just to ensure vehicles were emptied quickly. 5 trucks this week, 6 trucks next week and 7 trucks the following week. We already pull our batches that backroom is supposed to pull and my team is being asked to backstock as well?! I get it that vehicles are far and few when there is a truck but how are other workcenters supposed to function? If backroom doesn't come clean each day and flow team doesn't push properly so items that could have been pushed are sent to backstock then my team is screwed over? We were denied today from using a pallet or a flatbed to bring out shelves to our aisle. In order for us to use a vehicle we were told to go backstock. I'm just saying that be wary of the direction your upper management is giving. You may be a pilot store and your management desperately wants to be the first one to make it work so they can have the bragging rights to say they did it first. ASANTS but they sure are trying really hard to make them the same, at least in my district they are...

There 👏 is 👏 more 👏 to 👏 being 👏 GSTL 👏 than 👏 watching 👏 the 👏 lanes.

GSAs are not involved in anything regarding the team’s performance, hiring, coaching, terminations, reviews, crosstraining, promotions, or the many other things that TLs are responsible for.

There 👏 is 👏 more 👏 to 👏 being 👏 GSTL 👏 than 👏 watching 👏 the 👏 lanes.

GSAs are not involved in anything regarding the team’s performance, hiring, coaching, terminations, reviews, crosstraining, promotions, or the many other things that TLs are responsible for.
That’s true but you also said GSAs shouldn’t have any leadership roles (which would include watching the lanes) which many stores have them do. No one is saying that’s fair for the pay, but many do it anyways.

That’s true but you also said GSAs shouldn’t have any leadership roles (which would include watching the lanes) which many stores have them do. No one is saying that’s fair for the pay, but many do it anyways.

Watching the lanes isn’t any more of a leadership role than team trainer or mentoring another TM. I also said GSA isn’t a leadership role, which it isn’t. GSA can’t coach anyone.

Watching the lanes isn’t any more of a leadership role than team trainer or mentoring another TM. I also said GSA isn’t a leadership role, which it isn’t. GSA can’t coach anyone.
I have to disagree. When you’re watching the lanes you are watching over and resolving problems for, depending on the store anywhere from 4-10+ people. That’s leadership IMO.

I have to disagree. When you’re watching the lanes you are watching over and resolving problems for, depending on the store anywhere from 4-10+ people. That’s leadership IMO.

There’s more to leadership at Target than answering questions. Team trainers aren’t leadership.

There’s more to leadership at Target than answering questions. Team trainers aren’t leadership.
I understand. But when you’re managing breaks and interacting with guests in a managerial role (as in, a cashier calls you over to resolve a situation), I feel that’s leadership, or at the very least something that’s above entry level. Agree to disagree I guess.

You have enough walkies to give to cashiers?

(And if your response is no they hit the button)

Your store actually responds to “additional cashiers...”?

Yes actually. How else does my SCO tm get a hold of a GSA? Not like they have a lane light

Yeah not sure why Starbucks has the option but they do. Every time I set up a new Starbucks TM in the POS, supervisor is always an option.
Because we need to requisition supplies from time to time (bags of coffee mostly, but hair ties and sharpies on occasion).

Why are they requisitioning bags of coffee and hair ties? And sharpies can be ordered on Office Depot through sap

Because it's not uncommon to run out of supplies before the next order comes in. Hair has to be tied up when working in Starbucks, and sharpies go missing all the time. We always have to have Pike Place, blonde roast, and dark roast coffees available for guests to order (though only the pike has to be BREWED).

Back