MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was in a very large Goodwill store today, and even it was neater and zoned better than my store. God help my store this Q4.

We can't even keep toys zoned and stocked now. Everything is always out of place. Flow team is too busy and shorthanded to care so they put things on the wrong pegs constantly. Shelves go empty for days. We can make everything look good and stocked if we get everyone working hardlines on it for a few hours. But, it takes forever because toys is right across from electronics. They don't have enough people so anyone working toys is constantly having to help guests there because they come up to us with their questions. Of course, while the entire team is trying to make toys look decent and stocked the rest of hardlines is getting wrecked. And, toys just goes back to a disaster zone the next day. Q4? "Ummm...yeah.....that doll the ad says we have, we.....ummm....we have it. I think. We should have a few in the back, but no one can find them there. Sorry, can I help you with anything else?" "Why yes, I do know how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart."

How the hell do transitions work if they're not all being done at once? Are they backstocking it instead of trapping it, or waiting the entire week until everything is set before they try to push it?

How the hell do transitions work if they're not all being done at once? Are they backstocking it instead of trapping it, or waiting the entire week until everything is set before they try to push it?
you leave it up in the steel in the backroom
until they get tired of it being in the way,
so they take it down and put a nice note on it.
it stays on there ground for a week or three
goes clearance
doesn't get ticketed
goes salvage
Price Change guys found in the corner sucking thumb rocking back and forth mumbling in unknown language maybe Sanskrit

That can't be right. I've never heard of a store that didn't just have a couple of older ladies who did Pricing.

I've heard we are months behind on price change.

How is that possible? what departments? Those areas would be overflowing with product and/or the backroom. What does POG (or whomever) do about resets & moving all the old product.

Like Home Decor. We had a ton of clearance in Home Decor/Furniture. and kitchen. and stationary. and domestics. and shoes. and sporting goods. and toys.

I can't imagine being months behind on pricing.

If it's like my store its on pallets and vehicles scattered around the store, some does get backstocked if what we have left of the backroom or backroom flow actually get their hands on it to backstock it.

And yes @jenna you can be months behind on price change, its just sits in the back and only gets touched when someone stumbles upon it, or it floats around on a vehicle until someone actually wants the vehicle then will chuck on the salvage pallet or most likely drop it in the receivers lap and make her deal with it. Like she doesn't have enough crap to deal with.

And there is so much salvage floating around now, the GSTL told the cashiers just work out some price within reason the guest will agree with and sell it..

MODERNIZED STORES IS THE RECEIVER POSITION STILL ALIVE.
Well as of today it still is. We just rolled out the new RevLog apps and there is no freaking way that workload will get done without having a dedicated person to it. It says that BR is supposed to do all my pulls and then I will finish them out, but BR can't even get their own pulls done because of this modernization process.

Receivings a weird job where it is too much work for more than one person to deal with if that makes sense. Too many different things are the receiver's responsibility to get done, having a ton of people try to work on them will just cause issues. I currently have to do defectives, sweeps, IRS (formerly MIRS), credits, incoming packages, vendors, donations and a bunch of other things. If I have more than one person helping me out on a task it gets hard to make sure everyone is doing it properly.

If it's like my store its on pallets and vehicles scattered around the store, some does get backstocked if what we have left of the backroom or backroom flow actually get their hands on it to backstock it.

And yes @jenna you can be months behind on price change, its just sits in the back and only gets touched when someone stumbles upon it, or it floats around on a vehicle until someone actually wants the vehicle then will chuck on the salvage pallet or most likely drop it in the receivers lap and make her deal with it. Like she doesn't have enough crap to deal with.

And there is so much salvage floating around now, the GSTL told the cashiers just work out some price within reason the guest will agree with and sell it..
Our store decided to clear the price changes in one day and I had to build 8 crc/salvage pallets for 1 sweep...

How is that possible?

Good question. I know at my store we are behind and it's been snowballing for a few months. We just don't seem to have enough hours. And now that we are modernized our pulls are out of control because it's impossible to do them with the chaos that's in our backrooms. So there's that part.

And since they don't give time for labels (something I'll never understand) it only pushes us further back.

Thankfully we are out of A&A as of a week ago and I think we will start to see some progress.

But honestly with the hours our TL tells us pricing is getting it's going to be a while before we are green. 😖

Thank you for explaining it well.

How is that possible? what departments? Those areas would be overflowing with product and/or the backroom. What does POG (or whomever) do about resets & moving all the old product.

Like Home Decor. We had a ton of clearance in Home Decor/Furniture. and kitchen. and stationary. and domestics. and shoes. and sporting goods. and toys.

It is true. There are vehicles upon vehicles in the blackhole of our backroom. @Bosch explained it well.

I was at a different target today. I noticed a TM in softlines selling to a lady. She was doing it perfect, just like target expects. She spent SO MUCH time with her and she only walked away with 1 sweater. So spend at least 15 minutes with one guest,to sell 1 item, while the entire department is full of people and I'm sure a backroom full of freight. She made one woman feel like a queen while ignoring every other guests. On top of that not a single cart in the store as people kept coming into the store. How do you build the basket if they have no cart to put product in? How is this efficient? There has to be someone at corporate that is still in reality....but I assume they are afraid of speaking the truth and losing their job.

That one customer was probably someone from the group visit.

Back