MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are seniors going away all together? How exactly will flow work? Mini teams within a store sounds interesting......
Yes. Current seniors that are chosen to still hold keys well be tagged as keyholders. Logistics is gone. It's EtoE a person/group from each section will do their portion of unload/stocking/backstocking. LOG/BrTL phased out and absorbed into salesfloor areas.

Last edited:
So who will be LOD when the Store Director is not there? A Leaders (ETL) or former Sr.TL whatever their new name is.

“Hi. I was hired two weeks ago and got 45 minutes of training. I’ll be your expert today. “

I actually used a line similar to this during my first Q4. Quick and easy way to evoke sympathy and patience from the guest... every single one responded with something like "oh my God seriously? They don't train you AT ALL?? I'm sorry!!" and made sure to wish me a merry Christmas after I (tried to) help them

That seems quite inadequate to properly define a store, one size fits all means some stores with more resources than they should really have vs stores scraping by.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base can have 3-5 leaders and 8-19 leads depending on store needs and not including HR and AP which are excluded from head count.

Base can have 3-5 leaders and 8-19 leads depending on store needs and not including HR and AP which are excluded from head count.
We are a low volume model and we have only two leaders, HR and GM. The GM and food/beverage leads report to GM leader and all the other leads report directly to the store director.

FJj4kGC.gif

So who will be LOD when the Store Director is not there? A Leaders (ETL) or former Sr.TL whatever their new name is.
There are only LODs on the weekend. Any issue during the weekdays will be directed to the highest ranking Lead(er) in the store of that department.

lol well this sucks. i just left my full-time (pricing/signing) supervisory position at my old company for a full-time position in plano (signing tm, specifically) at target. are they doing away with the signing tm role too?

I'm in the pilot and this isn't a "give it a try and see if it works". This is a figure out what works before we roll it out. This is the future of our company. And if we don't want to become a toys r us then we have to change.

The reasons for the failure of Toys R Us have nothing to do with Target (EDIT: other than the fact we have Amazon in common). You are comparing apples and oranges. They were one dimensional and technology became the "toy" of choice for children. And yes this does very much feel like a case of throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, as have most of the moves lately.

The reasons for the failure of Toys R Us have nothing to do with Target (EDIT: other than the fact we have Amazon in common). You are comparing apples and oranges. They were one dimensional and technology became the "toy" of choice for children. And yes this does very much feel like a case of throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, as have most of the moves lately.
I can't tell you how many times a day I hear TMs on one process team complaining about another process team because it happens all too frequently. Won't it be nice to be completely in control of the merchandise in your section? Massive amounts of productivity are lost each day by having too many different teams touching the same product in the same section. I, for one, think the moves are long overdue.

I can't tell you how many times a day I hear TMs on one process team complaining about another process team because it happens all too frequently. Won't it be nice to be completely in control of the merchandise in your section? Massive amounts of productivity are lost each day by having too many different teams touching the same product in the same section. I, for one, think the moves are long overdue.

If you think that will go away I got news for you. I've worked for grocery merchandisers, the one common factor is people like to bitch. It is what it is.

I was told that I was not considered a expert !!!! Does that mean I don't have to keep doing all the crap that I'm doing that the ETLs and TLs are supposed to be, and training every person that working here??????

I was told that I was not considered a expert !!!! Does that mean I don't have to keep doing all the crap that I'm doing that the ETLs and TLs are supposed to be, and training every person that working here??????

Expert is just the job title they (corp) will put on your paystub. ASANTS but generally you should be doing what your boss tells you to do, even if it is training other TM's if you are not a team trainer (or lead/leader/whatever). If you do what your boss tells you to do, regardless of your job title, you will have an easier time getting a raise/promoted. This is true for all jobs everywhere in the world.

Im concerned with these changes about terminationg tbh. I dont know jack about clothes. The only reason I am in apparel is because I am efficient and can make plans on the fly to get stuff done zone and reshop wise. I have been told many times my efficiency is why I am there. So does this mean I will no longer be wanted? I hate clothes heck I only buy an article when one wears out to the point I may be called out for indecent exposure :/ I mean I have learned things since being in apparel like what a cardigan is and what a maxi dress is but beyond that. . .idk.

I mean given targets history of NOT training people I feel like this new movement is an open door to kill all the old tms and bring in new people that want more hours than the mall stores give them. So where does that leave us. Its not like I am unwilling to learn but understanding what I may learn is a different thing

The one thing they have been very adamant about at my store is that nobody is losing their job. Highly impacted team members will have a choice as to where they would like to fit into this new system. As for ETLs and team leads, rejecting the new position they offer you doesn't seem to be a death sentence - it just means they'll try and fit you in elsewhere or you may have to change stores/districts. But pilot stores must be at headcount by a certain date, so in stores where the allocated number of Leaders/Leads is less than before, some people will be required to move stores.

What's interesting, though, is the bargaining power this brings. Are you a GSTL whose sick of the front end? When they offer you the new GSTL-like position, you can say no. Logistics ETL whose been dying to get off overnights? Here's your ticket to freedom. To an extent, of course. Ultimatums can and I'm sure will eventually be made.

I pity all of the ETL-HRs, STLs, DTLs, and HRBPs who have to figure out this puzzle. Especially since each person who rejects an offer changes the puzzle.

Back