MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meh. It is easy to fake pricing, just like backroom location accuracy and POG set on time numbers.

This. Had the pleasure to push truck for product that's supposed to be on a few endcaps...oh they're on the back-end, and not in use for clearance. Of course no one's gonna really look there...😐

As someone coined....tieing and lying.

But 93% is still an 'A'.
This means that 7% of scans in the backroom during pulls are registered as errors. I would assure you that number would be exponentially higher if all stores were actually completing their pulls. I know of quite a few stores in my district who fail to pull their autofills consistently and I'm sure there are plenty of stores in the company in the same boat.

Not doing your pulls=less scans= less opportunity to trigger true errors through the system. It's likely closer to 88% or lower.

This holiday season is going to be awful. Expect super hour cuts next year as corporate panics to make the stock look good after their modernization bullshit completely and utterly fails.

We can't sell things when they're sitting in boxes all over the store. Things just simply aren't being stocked. I walked through 4 different stores today and they all were a disaster with uboats everywhere full of boxes. What's not on the uboats is drowning in the backroom.

Whoever came up with this disaster should be seeking other opportunities.

This holiday season is going to be awful. Expect super hour cuts next year as corporate panics to make the stock look good after their modernization bullshit completely and utterly fails.

We can't sell things when they're sitting in boxes all over the store. Things just simply aren't being stocked. I walked through 4 different stores today and they all were a disaster with uboats everywhere full of boxes. What's not on the uboats is drowning in the backroom.

Our store has so much soft lines stuff in repack boxes in the back room because there’s no room for back stock or on the floor. No one’s going to look through that stuff so that’s all a waste. Also we have a lot of new TMs that don’t know how to back stock properly.

I don't know. We have a guy at my store who has been there for a long time. He typically throws the truck. When unload is done he grabs the heaviest stuff and pushes it out. The guy works hard and fast. Never complains. He's nothing close to a sociopath or anything like that. Nice guy really just not great with people and tends to go out of his way to avoid guests. That used to not be an issue because he could do it all before the store opened. Now, Spot might not like it, but the store would be screwed without him while trying to find a replacement.
Wow the guy that throws our truck is the same way. He throws the truck, takes care of the heavy shit on the floor and avoids guests but the difference is he isn't like some of our other veteran TMs ...he actually pulls out his mydevice and speaks softly to the guest but very awkwardly. He at least tries to help them when approached. I am only speaking about the people with a mydevice, the knowledge, and ability to help the guest but instead go grab a different TM. It's insulting when I know they're capable and when I try to suggest how to help the guest in that situation next time they feign interest and never take my advice. Trust me I am one of those who avoids guests like the plague and works as fast and hard as I can to make myself look more efficient than others at work. I want them hours.

Can we talk about this?? So this means inactivated right?? That is stunning. These numbers have to be telling a story to corp about how this is working. How do small price accuracy teams and HL/SL TMs overcome this number? Just....wow....:oops:

And is that just DPCIs in stores, or actual OH units?

4 million DPCI's is very different than the corresponding OH - units in a store.

Can we talk about this?? So this means inactivated right?? That is stunning. These numbers have to be telling a story to corp about how this is working. How do small price accuracy teams and HL/SL TMs overcome this number? Just....wow....:oops:
They don't. Its a big graphic sign that they fucked up and removed people that shouldnt have been removed.

But sometimes Target just hires warm bodies. Some people just don't get it or give a damn.

Or sometimes people really try, but can't keep up with the over whelming amount of freight off the truck - so how are those endcaps going to be set? or Revisions completed? or product FiFo'd?

Or, there's a call out. Which leads to a domino effect = shit show.

Or a star performer is pulled to help another work center, which in turn, trashes their own work center.

Or some will never really understand how to set a POG, or any of the other little things that make a department successful.

You have to find that rare unicorn of a team member that gets it. And now, thanks to Modernization, you have to find 15-20 more. I can think of like three Rock Stars in my store. Three. And even then, they can't keep up with all the daily demands.

Something has to give.
Yes and you know what happens when all your unicorns leave. You have nothing but manure everywhere. I am still amused by the looks on my current coworkers face when I do things now. They are delighted. At least Target is memory, all alone in the moonlight...

Yes and you know what happens when all your unicorns leave. You have nothing but manure everywhere. I am still amused by the looks on my current coworkers face when I do things now. They are delighted. At least Target is memory, all alone in the moonlight...
Where do you work, now?

They'll be promoted.

Back