MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yesterday I spent about 30 minutes with a guest helping him pick out a microwave. This guy was unusually chatty and had a lot of very specific questions that most guests don’t think to ask, but I did my best. We looked at several models and I showed him the t.com reviews for each one, and even got into discussing which parts are the most failure prone...the turntable, the door latch, the magnetron, etc. He ended up choosing an Oster that was on sale and I got our GSTL to give him the additional 15% off online only deal on top of the sale price. He shook my hand and left happy.

Too bad about the 5,000 other guests and 300 repacks sitting around LOL. Luckily for corporate there are 168 hours in every week, so if they want me to do this full time while we’re taking 6 - 7 holiday trucks then I better be getting overtime every week.

Not sure if it means anything but... Our Store Director announced that the following Lead and Leader position are coming back to our High Volume Super Target store:
- Deli Lead
- Frozen Lead
- Style/ Beauty Lead
- Style/ Electronics Lead

- Food & Beverage Leader #3
- Food & Beverage Leader #4
- Each Food Leader cover two food related departments (Dairy/Frozen, Meat/Produce, Deli/Bakery, Market/Starbucks/Cafe)

Pretty much almost all the positions that were eliminated over the course of these past 8 month.

Last edited:
interesting that they're going to attempt to have a softlines TL run either electronics or beauty. i think they're gonna run into some of the same issues that they faced with beauty/tech lead but i guess we'll see

I agree. I've been "watching" Beauty for a few weeks (I'm an SLTL) until their new TL is on boarded and trained. It's been... something. Luckily, the Beauty TMs are pretty good.

Today my DTL came in to my store and helped with packing in SFS. Does anybody else's DTL do something similar?
Never!😱 His thing is sending us the worst leadership team on the planet, who can’t run this bleepshow, but I’ve never seen him do any physical work to help us out. Shoots a pretty good stick at talking to the ETLs, but that’s about it.🙄

Last edited:
Not here. Ours is attached to his phone, and walks around the store. Coincidentally, he likes to observe the SFS area (and probably more than likely oblivious to the modernization effects in the back of pallets and product waiting to be Pushed and Backstocked, but anyway....)

Now that I think of it, he likes to visit very often...a little too much for my liking.

Not sure if it means anything but... Our Store Director announced that the following Lead and Leader position are coming back to our High Volume Super Target store:
- Deli Lead
- Frozen Lead
- Style/ Beauty Lead
- Style/ Electronics Lead

- Food & Beverage Leader #3
- Food & Beverage Leader #4
- Each Food Leader cover two food related departments (Dairy/Frozen, Meat/Produce, Deli/Bakery, Market/Starbucks/Cafe)

Pretty much almost all the positions that were eliminated over the course of these past 8 month.
Our headcount is similar to what it read before our 5th anniversary as a store. But that makes for lots of chiefs and no Indians come January...

Today my DTL came in to my store and helped with packing in SFS. Does anybody else's DTL do something similar?
They were pushing truck one of the 30 carts pallets scattered throughout the sales floor. Yes we have pallets of boxes on the sales floor everywhere.

not to mention the 60 carts in the back room down every aisle.

Can anybody keep up with the move app?

I haven't even touched it in over a week. Trying to finish the truck push first, but been dragged away to SFS. And everyday, I see my areas add up on number of DPCIs to pull....

On that note, had a Sr.TL "got salty" over the fact why reshop wasn't done. I point to the remaining U-boats of truck from today, yesterday, and the pile of Backstock left from the previous person pushing my area. And she knew of the fact that she and I were helping SFS picking throughout the day this past week...😔

I was fortunate to have barely enough time to Backstock, but was told get ready for a double tomorrow...And my backroom aisle.. I'm Backstocking wherever there's open space in my area from here on out. No point in even organizing it by store aisle anymore.

And I can literally hear my backroom aisle groaning.

Reason #2,702 on why modernization sucks.

yo how in THE FUCK have we been missing sales during these last couple weeks what with 100,000 guests piling in the door right after opening? I mean it's not like a huge miss, like 2 - 5% off but still. I'm thinking maybe it's a combo of GS getting hit with a fuckton of returns + lots of empty holes on the salesfloor because we can't get these monster trucks 100% every day. Whassup corporate!

Back