MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was going through some of my old photos and found this one from the week after Christmas a few years ago. Look at all those unsorted reshop carts! Imagine how it will be like this year without being able to use the plastic carts

IMG-0544.jpg

I walked out after 20 years as a senior. Harassed is a great word to use. New leadership the past year and i was able to prove hostile work environment and collect unemployment. Moral at my store was insane. And group district no one got involved. Multiple hotline calls and the place just sucks. Everyone has walked out. Sadly to see that this is happening at other stores. Now let’s also not forget falsifying documents for food trucks , steritech and everything else under the sun.
Favoritism played a huge role in my termination. There was no saving myself once the ball got rolling to "get rid" of me. No HR in the building due to the clique that had formed between the STL, ETL and the VM... our HR left for better opportunities and any replacements they've found followed suit after only a month or so. Constant belittlement and yes I'd go as far to say harrassment directed towards me. So many times I just wanted to quit but I loved my job and just kept trying up until the end. So sad to think that a company can allow this to happen to so many veteran team members.

Favoritism played a huge role in my termination. There was no saving myself once the ball got rolling to "get rid" of me. No HR in the building due to the clique that had formed between the STL, ETL and the VM... our HR left for better opportunities and any replacements they've found followed suit after only a month or so. Constant belittlement and yes I'd go as far to say harrassment directed towards me. So many times I just wanted to quit but I loved my job and just kept trying up until the end. So sad to think that a company can allow this to happen to so many veteran team members.
Target doesn't care about loyalty. It will come back to bite them in the ass one day. Karma >bankruptcy< will come around.

Let's see. For today--

- Store allowed some inbound TM's to come in at 4 A.M.
- Everyone, even the STL is scurrying all over the store.
- Everyone pushed truck, and even Autofills. The line was clear*.
- Was tasked to fill endcaps, or make endcaps look full and presentable.
- Everyone zoned their respective areas.
- And I wish I took a picture, but our backroom is actually walkable. All Backstock put away, no pallets/u-boats anywhere. I couldn't believe it.

Gee...I wonder what's up. :rolleyes:

* - I saw our Sr.TL wrap repacks up into pallets and stage them high up in the steel. I sure hope they don't notice that mess. 😮

Let's see. For today--

- Store allowed some inbound TM's to come in at 4 A.M.
- Everyone, even the STL is scurrying all over the store.
- Everyone pushed truck, and even Autofills. The line was clear*.
- Was tasked to fill endcaps, or make endcaps look full and presentable.
- Everyone zoned their respective areas.
- And I wish I took a picture, but our backroom is actually walkable. All Backstock put away, no pallets/u-boats anywhere. I couldn't believe it.

Gee...I wonder what's up. :rolleyes:

* - I saw our Sr.TL wrap repacks up into pallets and stage them high up in the steel. I sure hope they don't notice that mess. 😮
Must be a visit...🙄😂

Must be a visit...🙄😂

It must be. There's no way that's a normal day at any other store!😂

And funny thing. They were supposed to come in the morning, then was told later in the day, and then possibly in the evening. Guess I'll find out if all that work was well spent tomorrow.

It must be. There's no way that's a normal day at any other store!😂

And funny thing. They were supposed to come in the morning, then was told later in the day, and then possibly in the evening. Guess I'll find out if all that work was well spent tomorrow.

Maybe, they'll do what they did at my store. They said they were coming then postponed. Then they cancelled. Showed up unanounced a few days later and wandered the floor by themselves for a couple of hours. It did not go well.

Maybe, they'll do what they did at my store. They said they were coming then postponed. Then they cancelled. Showed up unanounced a few days later and wandered the floor by themselves for a couple of hours. It did not go well.

Wow. Is it bad that a part of me really wants to see that outcome? Leadership really thinks Modernization is the word of gospel around here.

Wow. Is it bad that a part of me really wants to see that outcome? Leadership really thinks Modernization is the word of gospel around here.

Yeah, I don't know if you really want to see that or not yet. They came when STL and all salesfloor ETLs were out of the building. I haven't been back to work since. So, I know it was bad, but I don't know exactly how bad yet and how much shit will get rolled down to TMs.

In our Group/district stores had to send pics of all stock rooms and the line. STL and her minion were all over the backroom and receiving yesterday. If we got the kind of support every day we got yesterday we would succeed but that is not reality. On any other day they barely put in any actual work. They usually just bark orders on the walkie and repeat things someone else just said.

Just wait for the Holiday numbers to roll in, it should rebound some. Cha-Ching. I can just see the email from corp now..."What an incredible 4Q"..."Amazing double digit increases in SFS"...

This is actually a VERY dangerous Q4 for Target. Q3 Sales/Online Growth were strong of course in terms of sales comp, but that is not all that matters, and anybody with half a business sense will be able to tell that. The company is in panic mode right now because they forced stores to make payroll for November (meaning many cut the crap out of their stores and let tons of work roll) and then added to December to catch back up, adding more than they would have spent if they just kept up with the work.

The reason payroll is a make or break deal to Target is because of all the money Cornell has spent in stores. Remodels and Online Rollouts, Brand Changes (I do not call them all "new" brands), and new fixtures to stores to sort their freight onto, along with aggressive promotions, have tanked our overall profit. Any sales lift the company has seen is artificially inflated because we spent the money to get those sales increases. I could talk almost all day about where certain things were not worth the money (buying every store u-boats, rebranding certain categories) and where some were too aggressive (remodels) and now we are paying the price. We are paying for all of this with payroll, and if we post a Q4 with weak profits we are going to see another tank!

This is actually a VERY dangerous Q4 for Target. Q3 Sales/Online Growth were strong of course in terms of sales comp, but that is not all that matters, and anybody with half a business sense will be able to tell that. The company is in panic mode right now because they forced stores to make payroll for November (meaning many cut the crap out of their stores and let tons of work roll) and then added to December to catch back up, adding more than they would have spent if they just kept up with the work.

The reason payroll is a make or break deal to Target is because of all the money Cornell has spent in stores. Remodels and Online Rollouts, Brand Changes (I do not call them all "new" brands), and new fixtures to stores to sort their freight onto, along with aggressive promotions, have tanked our overall profit. Any sales lift the company has seen is artificially inflated because we spent the money to get those sales increases. I could talk almost all day about where certain things were not worth the money (buying every store u-boats, rebranding certain categories) and where some were too aggressive (remodels) and now we are paying the price. We are paying for all of this with payroll, and if we post a Q4 with weak profits we are going to see another tank!
Hey that $ for free target.com shipping has to come from somewhere. Target's downward spiral began with the data breach in 2013, target canada closures in 2015 and now modernization. To survive they must invest in the DCs and fix our supply chain. Super Sorting our trailers is not the solution!

Today, as I looked around at the staffing that seemed to be less than we had in March, and was asked if I'd like to go home early because we need to cut hours for the month already, and I saw how much we are barely hanging on to the tracks, it hit me: we're in the end stage now. Next year is going to be a very very bad year for Target, and Brian will be gone with his golden parachute.

Back