MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tomorrow it will all be salvage we have boxes and boxes full about 100 or more boxes
I even found some New Year's merch that we could have sold had it been on the sales floor. I came across three boxes of repacks that held Christmas Bullseye merch in it that we could have sold had it been on the floor instead of sitting in repacks in an unlocated spot in the BR.

I had at least two people come in and ask me for New Year's Eve party ware and decorations. I told them we didn't have any this year, knowing full well that the EC was probably not set because all the product was somewhere unlocated in the backroom. I think HQ will have a stroke when they see the final dollar amount of all the salvage the stores charged out this year.

Think of all of the money Target saved by not having to handle that merchandise. No one had to put it out on the sales floor, no one had to zone it or reshop it, and no one had to scan and bag it.
I've already pushed almost a dozen packets back, and more are languishing in the trailers. They buried me in boxes this year... literally. We had five sections of them.

We are being told we're starting this month, but not how we are going to have time/ staff to get caught up for a clean handover or where pog/pricing/signing is going if anywhere.

I've already pushed almost a dozen packets back, and more are languishing in the trailers. They buried me in boxes this year... literally. We had five sections of them.

We are being told we're starting this month, but not how we are going to have time/ staff to get caught up for a clean handover or where pog/pricing/signing is going if anywhere.

I was told we (my Plano team) should hopefully have clear(er) answers by end of February/early March. I let my etl and tl know what my specific questions were about how my signing role could change. And I already readjusted my availability to what works best for me sincentives it will likely be more difficult to do it later after the changes.

At our store they are supposed to. Each team is in charge of their own product. And since we only have one person at a time scheduled in the BR at my store we don't have time to do the modernization teams backstock.

The rollout guidelines specifically say that Beauty and Electronics are not supposed to. If the DTL makes an unannounced visit, what will the LOD say when asked why one of those areas is absent the TM who is supposed to be there?

The rollout guidelines specifically say that Beauty and Electronics are not supposed to. If the DTL makes an unannounced visit, what will the LOD say when asked why one of those areas is absent the TM who is supposed to be there?
ASANTS but with how rare truly unannounced visits are, a lot of stores would rather take that small risk. Alternatively, I've seen End to End stores utilize the first hour of the morning and any double coverage for backstocking to prevent this very problem.

I had at least two people come in and ask me for New Year's Eve party ware and decorations. I told them we didn't have any this year, knowing full well that the EC was probably not set because all the product was somewhere unlocated in the backroom. I think HQ will have a stroke when they see the final dollar amount of all the salvage the stores charged out this year.
This was first time in I don't know when that ours New Year's was set on time.

i saw this on Targets facebook "Community" page today and I thought my store looked bad ...

Screen-Shot-2019-01-03-at-5-26-03-PM.png

They just yell at the electronics person for not being on the floor. 🤷

Yet no one is scheduled for backroom to take care of backstock so it just piles up like crazy until you have 30+ vehicles of both beauty and electronics/entertainment barfing out of the electronics lock up and they wonder why that teams can't find shit!

During our SFS/OPU shut down I have pulled and backstocked god knows how many vehicles of crap, getting that stockroom back to what it should be.. Only to take a day off and come back to a shit show..

And BRLA is in the toilet when pulling a STAT auto, you shouldn't be in every single stock room cause there are items in PLUG, TOY1, and SEA1.

:D

It's almost like we work at the same store.

:looks over shoulder:

WHAT !!!!! THIS HORRIFIES me! How is this ALLOWED ?! This would NEVER fly at my store.
We are only allowed ONE vehicle PER tm on the floor at a time, nothing else, NO pallets.
All seasonal merch has been out of the backroom since the 20th, we gathered all the seasonal salvage left today and got 3 boxes , One of them all Bullsye, rear and mini are all set, 50% pushed, 12/30 TWT at 80%, a few pogs and SPL done ahead for Jan 6.....
then again we are NOT doing modernization model yet and still HAVE Pog and Pricing teams.
Our fixture room does look like a junk yard, but I wouldn’t trade. It takes comparing to appreciate your circumstances.

I know it's just on this site but anyone take notice on the amount of us who voted "Dislike" vs. "Like?" I'm curious to know if anyone who voted for "Like" initially changed their vote after a couple of months to "Dislike" or vice versa. Anyone?

I voted ‘like’ because in theory it did sound great, but if the end result is that photo I may consider changing my vote. Any possibility that mess is due to mismanagement and NOT a result of modernization processes ?

My store did and still does. We pull our batches and backstock. We work our freight and backstock.
And what does your daily/weekly routines look like? I'm curious. And how long did it take you to get to the point where it works? Who decides how to divide the hours?

In all honesty, it would be a lot more easy with at least one more person. The team that I'm on has 10 daytime tm's. Former flow tms still come in earlier to start the freight, but everyone is expected to do their share. Some work the high number aisles, some the low. When a vehicle is finished it is immediately backstocked and the trash is worked. They have been trained on salesfloor, cashiering, plano, backroom as have all of us.Once the freight is worked, our lead assigns us tasks based on our strengths. Some will shoot exf's, pull, work, backstock. Some will do price change. Some will set spl or pogs (if there's nothing that has to be done here, zone and pog maintenance... pull out d-code, ptm, etc. Yes... everyone knows how to do everything (of course, there's a learning curve and some are better at some things than others) and you do it every shift. The night is a bit different. It is very much "recovery" in that any pogs that did not get pulled dayside are pulled (not usual since if you drop it you pull it and work it... right now there are big post holiday changes so there may be some spl that are set and not pulled) and worked, reshop is completed, zone touched up. Pogs and pricing are not done at night usually. It's not perfect, but we have a really good store with good leadership. Those that weren't onboard with the changes have moved on so our teams are made up of people that came to work... and work you will with this process. The biggest downside is that we could use more hours, but I don't think that's a result of the process changes. Would it be awesome to still have pog, pricing and backroom? Yes. Do we need someone to sort label strips, signing and audit? YES (probably one of our biggest challenges) Should they have left us the ability to view pog images on our myDevice? Yes Is modernization doable? Yes...but it really is all about attitude.

Last edited:
WHAT !!!!! THIS HORRIFIES me! How is this ALLOWED ?! This would NEVER fly at my store.
We are only allowed ONE vehicle PER tm on the floor at a time, nothing else, NO pallets.
All seasonal merch has been out of the backroom since the 20th, we gathered all the seasonal salvage left today and got 3 boxes , One of them all Bullsye, rear and mini are all set, 50% pushed, 12/30 TWT at 80%, a few pogs and SPL done ahead for Jan 6.....
then again we are NOT doing modernization model yet and still HAVE Pog and Pricing teams.
Our fixture room does look like a junk yard, but I wouldn’t trade. It takes comparing to appreciate your circumstances.
This will change with modernization.....BEWARE!!!

Back