MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
....and car seats... black Friday they apparently had some sort of deal on a car seat that everyone wanted. Trouble was that the 2 "on hands" it was showing was two displays we had for it (why we had two I have no clue) -_-
Car seat displays aren't the same dpci number as the item. Your store just has two on hand that you cant find

PackAndCry

Shit From Store Team Loser
Car seat displays aren't the same dpci number as the item. Your store just has two on hand that you cant find
Or the store never received the display, so an ETL demanded one be opened to use as a display. Our STL does that all the time, and I'm apparently the only one who realizes we need to defect that one out.

Anybody who has been negatively impacted (job threatened, low morale, etc) by this failed process send me your story, pictures of unsafe freight, etc. I am working dilligently to have our voices heard. This company culture is not right.
I walked out after 20 years as a senior. Harassed is a great word to use. New leadership the past year and i was able to prove hostile work environment and collect unemployment. Moral at my store was insane. And group district no one got involved. Multiple hotline calls and the place just sucks. Everyone has walked out. Sadly to see that this is happening at other stores. Now let’s also not forget falsifying documents for food trucks , steritech and everything else under the sun.

I walked out after 20 years as a senior. Harassed is a great word to use. New leadership the past year and i was able to prove hostile work environment and collect unemployment. Moral at my store was insane. And group district no one got involved. Multiple hotline calls and the place just sucks. Everyone has walked out. Sadly to see that this is happening at other stores. Now let’s also not forget falsifying documents for food trucks , steritech and everything else under the sun.
Favoritism played a huge role in my termination. There was no saving myself once the ball got rolling to "get rid" of me. No HR in the building due to the clique that had formed between the STL, ETL and the VM... our HR left for better opportunities and any replacements they've found followed suit after only a month or so. Constant belittlement and yes I'd go as far to say harrassment directed towards me. So many times I just wanted to quit but I loved my job and just kept trying up until the end. So sad to think that a company can allow this to happen to so many veteran team members.

Favoritism played a huge role in my termination. There was no saving myself once the ball got rolling to "get rid" of me. No HR in the building due to the clique that had formed between the STL, ETL and the VM... our HR left for better opportunities and any replacements they've found followed suit after only a month or so. Constant belittlement and yes I'd go as far to say harrassment directed towards me. So many times I just wanted to quit but I loved my job and just kept trying up until the end. So sad to think that a company can allow this to happen to so many veteran team members.
Target doesn't care about loyalty. It will come back to bite them in the ass one day. Karma >bankruptcy< will come around.

Just wait for the Holiday numbers to roll in, it should rebound some. Cha-Ching. I can just see the email from corp now..."What an incredible 4Q"..."Amazing double digit increases in SFS"...
Dont forget the couldnt have done it with out our team members. Even though they harass and threaten you every step of the way.

15 Sec. Remain

Anyone getting that call?
Let's see. For today--

- Store allowed some inbound TM's to come in at 4 A.M.
- Everyone, even the STL is scurrying all over the store.
- Everyone pushed truck, and even Autofills. The line was clear*.
- Was tasked to fill endcaps, or make endcaps look full and presentable.
- Everyone zoned their respective areas.
- And I wish I took a picture, but our backroom is actually walkable. All Backstock put away, no pallets/u-boats anywhere. I couldn't believe it.

Gee...I wonder what's up. :rolleyes:

* - I saw our Sr.TL wrap repacks up into pallets and stage them high up in the steel. I sure hope they don't notice that mess. 😮

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Let's see. For today--

- Store allowed some inbound TM's to come in at 4 A.M.
- Everyone, even the STL is scurrying all over the store.
- Everyone pushed truck, and even Autofills. The line was clear*.
- Was tasked to fill endcaps, or make endcaps look full and presentable.
- Everyone zoned their respective areas.
- And I wish I took a picture, but our backroom is actually walkable. All Backstock put away, no pallets/u-boats anywhere. I couldn't believe it.

Gee...I wonder what's up. :rolleyes:

* - I saw our Sr.TL wrap repacks up into pallets and stage them high up in the steel. I sure hope they don't notice that mess. 😮
Must be a visit...🙄😂

15 Sec. Remain

Must be a visit...🙄😂
It must be. There's no way that's a normal day at any other store!😂

And funny thing. They were supposed to come in the morning, then was told later in the day, and then possibly in the evening. Guess I'll find out if all that work was well spent tomorrow.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
It must be. There's no way that's a normal day at any other store!😂

And funny thing. They were supposed to come in the morning, then was told later in the day, and then possibly in the evening. Guess I'll find out if all that work was well spent tomorrow.
Maybe, they'll do what they did at my store. They said they were coming then postponed. Then they cancelled. Showed up unanounced a few days later and wandered the floor by themselves for a couple of hours. It did not go well.

15 Sec. Remain

Maybe, they'll do what they did at my store. They said they were coming then postponed. Then they cancelled. Showed up unanounced a few days later and wandered the floor by themselves for a couple of hours. It did not go well.
Wow. Is it bad that a part of me really wants to see that outcome? Leadership really thinks Modernization is the word of gospel around here.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Wow. Is it bad that a part of me really wants to see that outcome? Leadership really thinks Modernization is the word of gospel around here.
Yeah, I don't know if you really want to see that or not yet. They came when STL and all salesfloor ETLs were out of the building. I haven't been back to work since. So, I know it was bad, but I don't know exactly how bad yet and how much shit will get rolled down to TMs.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
In our Group/district stores had to send pics of all stock rooms and the line. STL and her minion were all over the backroom and receiving yesterday. If we got the kind of support every day we got yesterday we would succeed but that is not reality. On any other day they barely put in any actual work. They usually just bark orders on the walkie and repeat things someone else just said.

Rock Lobster

Executive Team Leader
Staff member
Just wait for the Holiday numbers to roll in, it should rebound some. Cha-Ching. I can just see the email from corp now..."What an incredible 4Q"..."Amazing double digit increases in SFS"...
This is actually a VERY dangerous Q4 for Target. Q3 Sales/Online Growth were strong of course in terms of sales comp, but that is not all that matters, and anybody with half a business sense will be able to tell that. The company is in panic mode right now because they forced stores to make payroll for November (meaning many cut the crap out of their stores and let tons of work roll) and then added to December to catch back up, adding more than they would have spent if they just kept up with the work.

The reason payroll is a make or break deal to Target is because of all the money Cornell has spent in stores. Remodels and Online Rollouts, Brand Changes (I do not call them all "new" brands), and new fixtures to stores to sort their freight onto, along with aggressive promotions, have tanked our overall profit. Any sales lift the company has seen is artificially inflated because we spent the money to get those sales increases. I could talk almost all day about where certain things were not worth the money (buying every store u-boats, rebranding certain categories) and where some were too aggressive (remodels) and now we are paying the price. We are paying for all of this with payroll, and if we post a Q4 with weak profits we are going to see another tank!