MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well some of you can find some info on Sharepoint. Not happy with what I read this morning . Has me 🤔 some things ?!?!?

What did you find?

I too am curious. My manager held up a booklet with all changes being implemented in it. I asked if I could look at it and they said it's confidential and for leadership only. That usually is code for 'we know this is stupid but say it this way to screw TMs without them knowing it.'

Last edited:
The packet I found was published on February 18th I believe. It was a 68 page document titled 2019 Store Modernization. I did not have an opportunity to read much. I skimmed through some of the core roles and the team structures for the Base model. There were some mock schedules as well. The reason I checked is because I heard a ETL found a 128 page document on there.
What was discouraging to me was the Base model 30-75 million. But after the 65 mark you gain some extra leadership. We are JUST below that mark. So now I have to plan for the stress level to increase( never thought it could get higher). The General Merchandise Leader role is just not fair. Nor will be the 2 Lead positions ( maybe it was 3). As it is now, we will have basically 6 going to 3. Ugh I just want to stop thinking about this now. Goodnight folks.

Shipping isn't paid for until you at the store finish the packing process.
I think they were implying shipping two packages from two locations = more shipping costs. However, I do know that Restock stores that now use Fedex get free shipping on any package under 5 pounds.

Plus, shipping from a store closer to the recipient than a distribution center reduces shipping costs by 40%.

Guys! Brian Cornell is doing a presentation!

BCs4SHE.png

Back