MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is fine if they aren’t bullshit 100% change revisions. My rug revisions this week: 3 hours for 6 pogs. Sheets? 3.5 hours for one revision.
WELCOME TO LARGE REVISIONS!
Question? Are you subjected to staying strictly to the set hours? Have you been able to set your 3.4 hour sheet POG plus move/merchandise the clearance, plus pull your batch, plus push your batch, plus shoot exf's for merchandise still located in the backroom but did not come out in the initial batch, plus pull the batch made, plus audit the empty locations, plus backstock overstock you pulled off the aisle, plus go through the 5 trapped pallets that the Inbound TL took upon themselves to trap because they didn't want to backstock it due to it being transition.

Sorry for the run on sentence but I was trying to make a point that these are the steps my store (presentation team) has to go through Monday-Friday, every week! I've tried disputing the set hours with My Support and was told time after time that it doesn't include pulling, backstocking or merchandising clearance. My answer was that I needed to take partners with the backroom team. Well we barely have that team anymore and they don't even have time to do their Daily 12! We try to make it work but come up short for the week So there are some revisions or pogs not set for the week due to "No One has the time to HELP!" And to add on no payroll or need to stick close to your schedule, I don't think anyone can realistically do what we are being tasked to do.

Last edited:
We typically have an opening GS, a mid OPU, and closing GS. Until they give us enough hours to have 2 GSTMs and an OPU, the GSA/GSTL will have to help with drive ups or backing up the service desk.
That is the other thing, who helps out with the backup at GS. Not everyone in the store is GS trained.

Intriguing, feel like those of us who are already seniors and mid twenties hourly aren’t gonna get shit for raises though

I would not doubt that, at all. I'm nowhere near mid twenties (in fact, I had to apply elsewhere & ask my stl to match the offer in order to get over $16) so this might, potentially, be good for me.

Question? Are you subjected to staying strictly to the set hours? Have you been able to set your 3.4 hour sheet POG plus move/ merchandise the clearance, plus pull your batch, plus push your batch, plus shoot exf's for merchandise still located in the backroom but did not come out in the initial batch, plus pull the batch made, plus audit the empty locations, plus backstock overstock you pulled off the aisle, plus go through the 5 trapped pallets that the Inbound TL took upon themselves to trap because they didn't want to backstock it due to it being transition. Sorry for the run on sentence but I was trying to make a point that these are the steps my store (presentation team) has to go through Monday-Friday, every week! I've tried disputing the set hours with My Support and was told time after time that it doesn't include pulling, backstocking or merchandising clearance. My answer was that I needed to take partners with the backroom team. Well we barely have that team anymore and they don't even have time to do their Daily 12! We try to make it work but come up short for the week So there are some revisions or pogs not set for the week due to "No One has the time to HELP!" And to add on no payroll or need to stick close to your schedule, I don't think anyone can realistically do what we are being tasked to do.
My team doesn’t trap stuff. We pre tie early, we backstock all transition in the last section(s) of the aisle, so the batches are full and easy to pull quickly. We do our own price change, so that had already been handled and moved the day before. I have my team audit everything, not just outs. All of my bedding workload added up to like 13.5 hours, and I spent about 15 on it only because of backing up and helping guests.

Question? Are you subjected to staying strictly to the set hours? Have you been able to set your 3.4 hour sheet POG plus move/ merchandise the clearance, plus pull your batch, plus push your batch, plus shoot exf's for merchandise still located in the backroom but did not come out in the initial batch, plus pull the batch made, plus audit the empty locations, plus backstock overstock you pulled off the aisle, plus go through the 5 trapped pallets that the Inbound TL took upon themselves to trap because they didn't want to backstock it due to it being transition. Sorry for the run on sentence but I was trying to make a point that these are the steps my store (presentation team) has to go through Monday-Friday, every week! I've tried disputing the set hours with My Support and was told time after time that it doesn't include pulling, backstocking or merchandising clearance. My answer was that I needed to take partners with the backroom team. Well we barely have that team anymore and they don't even have time to do their Daily 12! We try to make it work but come up short for the week So there are some revisions or pogs not set for the week due to "No One has the time to HELP!" And to add on no payroll or need to stick close to your schedule, I don't think anyone can realistically do what we are being tasked to do.

You just don't believe enough. If you just blindly do what you're told and give 567.43% every day, it'll all work out great!!!

Question? Are you subjected to staying strictly to the set hours? Have you been able to set your 3.4 hour sheet POG plus move/ merchandise the clearance, plus pull your batch, plus push your batch, plus shoot exf's for merchandise still located in the backroom but did not come out in the initial batch, plus pull the batch made, plus audit the empty locations, plus backstock overstock you pulled off the aisle, plus go through the 5 trapped pallets that the Inbound TL took upon themselves to trap because they didn't want to backstock it due to it being transition.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. But I suppose if they performance everyone out for not completing tasks in the set times, they'll realize it doesn't work and change it again...but yeah.

I think our ETLs and TLs are just moving around. Not sure if anyone was cut. But I was asked recently if I wanted to go to market, which I hesitated, but then when I told who the TL and ETL would be (and who was going to hardlines), I said I'd go to market. I figure I'll only be at Target for six more months, so I can make it through.

Has anyone heard anything about fulfillment; mainly SFS? For example, will stores picking over 800 units a day have a TL? I Had heard awhile ago there was potential for an "assistant lead" position or something - was that scrapped?

From what I gather about thus new modernization, I think there will be some issues at first and hopefully they will be ironed out over time. I also think that a lot of TM's will quit because they will be over stressed....we shall see. I was handed a card today that laid out the expectations of what a typical day would be like.

For example: (1) Come in and go directly to the area you own. Make sure it's ready to be stocked with a strong zone/guest ready.

(2) Walk endcaps and make notes on fill needs or ones that might need to be flipped or replaced.

(3) Go to the backroom, get autofills/ truck freight, and start pushing.

(4) Backstock as you go, return the vehicle and retrieve the next.

(5) Once autofills/truck push is done, perform scans to fill. Then pull and push your freight.

(6) Finally, use the time left in your shift to complete price changes, set new salesplans and complete revisions.
Lol at time left in your shift to complete price changes, sales plans and revisions. Give me some of what they are smoking.

Adding to this, who calls for guest first? who handles the keys?
Overthinking it. Gsa is being phased out ad all functions will be handled by higher level cashiers at 15 an hour. The gstl will still be there to handle calls, manage the keys and anything you don't want 5 cashiers doing all at once. The cashiers tho will be expected to handle their own overrides and issues. First 2 hours will be handled by opening cashier then a mid gstl at peak and a closing cashier. Banking will be simplified with the new cash recyclers rolling out company wide.

Back