MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
POG BRO HERE. POG BRO CONCERNED. POG BRO WANT MORE INFO.

So, am I to believe there is only one "presentation expert," or are there multiple presentation experts that are split by area? How and who is responsible for something like the seasonal sets getting done?
From what I gathered from things I read on here is there will be a " transition team" that sets transitions. But the hours will be drastically different from current pog members as you won't set sales planners or revisions. What you do between transitions idk maybe you are doing GM or something else. Maybe you sit at home waiting to hear the phone ring and Target says it's time to transition and you come running to their rescue. I'm still hoping to see more details of every thing.

Aren't you also required to have two people clean up every spill? One to redirect guests and another wearing goggles, apron and gloves?

you only need goggles, an apron, and gloves when it's a biohazard. you do need someone to guard the spill while you're getting the supplies to clean it up, though.

From what I gathered from things I read on here is there will be a " transition team" that sets transitions. But the hours will be drastically different from current pog members as you won't set sales planners or revisions. What you do between transitions idk maybe you are doing GM or something else. Maybe you sit at home waiting to hear the phone ring and Target says it's time to transition and you come running to their rescue. I'm still hoping to see more details of every thing.

I'll keep my red and khaki on all day and night waiting to be called in to action. Maybe they can shoot a signal into sky in the shape of an orange canoe clip tool or something.

Thanks for posting that, @gsa4lyfe. Any timeline in there for full implementation? (Thinking of the crew I had tonight and had three who definitely won't be able to handle it all.)

What about OPU? In Pilot Land, that's fallen under the front end for a year now. Will that continue?

Wait so if they are cutting the GSA/SEA role but adding another GSTL/SEL, what happens to current GSA’s/SEL’s? Do they just get told tough luck? Or will the highest performing GSA get that new SEL spot? We have a GSA who is higher performing than either of our GSTL’s (always getting redcards, doing 1-1 with cashiers as they come in, constantly talks to leadership about developing other tm’s) it would suck really bad to see this GSA be shoved back as a “cashier” or GS...

Wait so if they are cutting the GSA/SEA role but adding another GSTL/SEL, what happens to current GSA’s/SEL’s? Do they just get told tough luck? Or will the highest performing GSA get that new SEL spot? We have a GSA who is higher performing than either of our GSTL’s (always getting redcards, doing 1-1 with cashiers as they come in, constantly talks to leadership about developing other tm’s) it would suck really bad to see this GSA be shoved back as a “cashier” or GS...

Most stores will have to cut leaders, not add. That said, GSA, cashier, and service desk is now all one role. I'd imagine your current GSAs wont do much differently day to day, other than probably being responsible for running the front a little less.

While the move is short-sighted and will likely negatively impact guest experience, as a GSA myself I'm really fine with them eliminating the position. Most of us are wildly overworked and underpaid. I would rather be a super cashier/service team member than have to babysit the entire front end.

If I remember correctly the cutoff is $72M.
I believe that's ultra high volume, where only about 20-30 stores make that much, and they get a whole special op model just for them because they are so busy. high volume is probably like 55-60+

Actually everyone is expected to know and DO everything under modernization.

GREAT. My store seems to have an abundance of short people. Let's see how well some of these people can do CSE or overheads.

I think it's safe to say I am one of maybe five people in the store who can actually do CSE or overheads.

Started being a Flow TL 4th quarter 2017. New rollout 2018, additional truck (normally we’re a 4 truck every week, now it’s 5), and now these changes?

From what I hear I have to start doing Bullseye again

Ooooo, I like to have front end do our OPUs so they could understand the pressure. Some of our front end TMs like to do their shopping on OPUs, ordering more than 15 DPCIs throughout the store. Want them to handle their own shopping in 30 mins

GREAT. My store seems to have an abundance of short people. Let's see how well some of these people can do CSE or overheads.

I think it's safe to say I am one of maybe five people in the store who can actually do CSE or overheads.
Just use the wave.

I'm more concerned with how the signing area and all the fixtures, brackets, etc, are going to maintain any sense of order with dozens of people going thru them and no one to keep it organized.

I'm more concerned with how the signing area and all the fixtures, brackets, etc, are going to maintain any sense of order with dozens of people going thru them and no one to keep it organized.

I feel the same way, but for the backroom. We have had 4-5 people back there for ages now. Their whole work lives are the backroom, basically. And now every Tom, Dick, Harry, and their entire extended family will be going through it. Can you imagine letting every newbie touch the backroom? When Christmas season starts coming, we're going to be so f*cked...

Back