MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pretty sure it's been mentioned it's only for Express stores, and very small format stores. Almost no other stores would be realistically getting this anytime soon (specifically for the reasons you said).
I work at the largest store in the company that uses this process and we do 40 million as a small format store. There are plenty of store that this would work. We get two trailers a day everyday and they show up at around 10am and 5pm give or take everyday. We just push throughout the day and have no inbound team, no one unloads the truck just TMs grabbing the carts off the truck, pushing and putting them back. Just because these stores are small doesn’t mean we get small store freight. There are 4 stores in my district alone that get less freight than us so I can imagine there are way more stores than small formats that this would work. It’s not a pipe dream, it’s reality it will just take a while to get there. The man in charge of all of logistics for the company came to our store to check out how the process was working a few months back and he said it’s still the plan for this to be company wide. Trust me you want this. All of our freight is intentional and it’s a 1-1 replenishment process. No more dumping freight on stores and no more BS loaded trucks

I work at the largest store in the company that uses this process and we do 40 million as a small format store. There are plenty of store that this would work. We get two trailers a day everyday and they show up at around 10am and 5pm give or take everyday. We just push throughout the day and have no inbound team, no one unloads the truck just TMs grabbing the carts off the truck, pushing and putting them back. Just because these stores are small doesn’t mean we get small store freight. There are 4 stores in my district alone that get less freight than us so I can imagine there are way more stores than small formats that this would work. It’s not a pipe dream, it’s reality it will just take a while to get there. The man in charge of all of logistics for the company came to our store to check out how the process was working a few months back and he said it’s still the plan for this to be company wide. Trust me you want this. All of our freight is intentional and it’s a 1-1 replenishment process. No more dumping freight on stores and no more BS loaded trucks

I'll believe it when I see it. Going to take a lot of time and money to reconfigure the DCs.

Anyone else out there in charge of stationary at their store? If so, how do you manage all the repacks and combos? I had about 12 repacks today and probably just as many combos if not more. How do you manage pushing all of it as quickly as possible? I usually start off in the first party supply aisle, pushing everything there from a couple of the boxes. While doing this I also work on sorting the repacks, putting say all the pens and items from that aisle in one, the middle aisles in another, and other party items in another. I think I had 2 or 3 repacks filled with just pens. Is this how you sort/push products or have you found a faster way?

I'll believe it when I see it. Going to take a lot of time and money to reconfigure the DCs.
I’m not saying it would be easy but people saying it wouldn’t work for big stores is bogus. It would work for any store. That being said I agree it likely isn’t in the next 3-5 years but definitely within the next 10

Anyone else out there in charge of stationary at their store? If so, how do you manage all the repacks and combos? I had about 12 repacks today and probably just as many combos if not more. How do you manage pushing all of it as quickly as possible? I usually start off in the first party supply aisle, pushing everything there from a couple of the boxes. While doing this I also work on sorting the repacks, putting say all the pens and items from that aisle in one, the middle aisles in another, and other party items in another. I think I had 2 or 3 repacks filled with just pens. Is this how you sort/push products or have you found a faster way?
Before when I was salesfloor I used to own the whole b section which consists of Stationery and Kitchen but I only did High B mostly it was insane repacks every time. The way I did it in my shifts was being a god I came in at 8 am was clean by 1pm with everything including autofills which backroom just brings it to the salesfloor. I never sort anything just push sweating like hell simply rush.

I'd loooooove to have this!!! ❤❤❤❤❤💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💚💚💚💚💚

STATIONARY 💔, my foolish self agreed to take this area on.... to be honest I think I'm walking in blindly and don't see how I'll ever be able to finish just the push espect with all those repacks.... why do target have stupid repacks anyway, just send me thousands of small boxes like beauty 😩🔫.
This job is dead end and I just feel right into another trap where I'll never get a legit promotion.... 😢😭😭😭😭

If you have time to presort all the repacks before you take them to the floor it can help alot.
I agree with pre-sort however I just had a conversation with the SD and they said the op model does not have pre-sort included with this new process. If you watched a video with uboats loaded with repacks, you are supposed to sort as you go. The uboats are supposed to be "strategically" loaded by aisle and section.🤣🤣🤣 AS IF!!!
It's not happening at my store!🙄

Oh yes, we would love this, right along with the palletized transition that we're getting...
Kidding aside, yes the idea seems amazing with the 1:1 replenishment but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Back to school will be hell because dual locations and tons of freight. It will be a test of your sanity
Yeeeeeuck! Not interested in that at all.... They seem to be taking forever to put any of the changes into effect, so I'll probably be floating for a while first LOL XD

I’m not saying it would be easy but people saying it wouldn’t work for big stores is bogus. It would work for any store. That being said I agree it likely isn’t in the next 3-5 years but definitely within the next 10
They, those that sit above us in shadows, have been saying this for the last 15 years and unless I have been on one seriously long bad trip it has yet to happen. To reconfigure the DC's for what is really just a fad would be the most complete and insane thing to do. so expect it too happen by the end of the year.

Does the bullseye from the stationary repacks get pushed at the same time or does your store have it brought back and moved to the bullseye custom block?

Our stationary inbound tm takes it over to the tm pushing or adds it to the case packs on the line if the inbound tm in bullseye isn't in yet.

STATIONARY 💔, my foolish self agreed to take this area on.... to be honest I think I'm walking in blindly and don't see how I'll ever be able to finish just the push espect with all those repacks.... why do target have stupid repacks anyway, just send me thousands of small boxes like beauty 😩🔫.
This job is dead end and I just feel right into another trap where I'll never get a legit promotion.... 😢😭😭😭😭
Wait til bts!!!

Back