MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually, they want you to know THEIR sales goal.
It's just a way to focus on why we are there....sales. I tried to make a purchase at lowes yesterday....big one, ready to buy. The gal helping didn't. She literally yawned in my face. I walked out and went elsewhere. I didn't say it, but I sure saw the difference. No way would we have let someone ready to spend not be shown options, etc.

So in a way, I guess all these nonsensical things add up. Keeps us focused on the goal...which is to sell stuff.

So in a way, I guess all these nonsensical things add up. Keeps us focused on the goal...which is to sell stuff.
I agree to an extent... it's important to understand and push for sales... it's what keeps our jobs. However, daily sales goals when people are rediculously stressed about stocking, plano, zoning, etc. There needs to be a balance.

We have 5 GM TLs, 1 Food TL, 1 closing TL, and 2 Style TLs but are hiring a 3rd. The 5 GM TLs are split into the 3 areas of Hardlines, with 2 sharing duties except for the 1 left on her own over unloading and then Bedding/furniture/bath/plastics/hardware and I think she might also be over seasonal.

Just curious if any other store has this many GM TLs with them sharing duties. I thought for sure when this rolled out we would lose TLs, but the headcount has not changed at all. The only leadership change we had is that we no longer have an Ap ETL, and have recently hired an Ap TL for those duties.
My old store has 6 GM TLs

What volume? We are B volume and not a Super. With the way we haven’t been making sales, I wouldn’t be surprised if we went down a volume or two next year.
A volume. They do 60 Million a year. We had 4 sales floor but now 6 with inbound and backroom being GM.

In other words, you're responsible, but not in charge.

This has become Target's true operating model. Job titles place the responsibility, and the entirety of the blame, for something onto the shoulders of the very lowest rungs who have absolutely no say or control over how to do things.
This is kind of the ugly side of capitalism that places used to try and hide under the rug to keep morale up, and it's a very bad sign that places as big as Target find that to not be necessary anymore.

Comp is the percentage difference between goal and actual sales

😳 Comp is strictly the difference between sales this year and sales last year.

Goal is the goal of how much sales your should do set by corporate at the beginning of the year.

Forecast is the sales amount you do based on the payroll you receive. When you go above forecast by 3% you start to get more payroll.

While it may not feel like it stores received more payroll in May. So if your forecast is higher then your goal you received more payroll.

Front End Team Members are not allowed to call for back up at my store.
Any other stores doing this?

That was the order at my store. It lasted a day.
It depends on the day at my store. Some leads will yell at them for calling back up and others don’t care. They always call on non truck days, when there is basically no one working the floor because DBOs are only scheduled on some truck days. Style usually has one or two people on non truck days.

It depends on the day at my store. Some leads will yell at them for calling back up and others don’t care. They always call on non truck days, when there is basically no one working the floor because DBOs are only scheduled on some truck days. Style usually has one or two people on non truck days.

Not that DBOs respond anyways because the newer ones aren’t even register trained and most don’t even carry a walkie.

I think I keep showing up at work because I’m curious as to what kind of shit show it’s going to be that day.

Calls for backup typically do result in a lot of yelling by leads especially if there are multiple calls in a short period of time. But, the official policy of not calling for backup lasted for about a day because the front end fell completely apart and we got a surprise visitor the day after the change.

That was the order at my store. It lasted a day.

Well, yeah. It's a good idea, as long as staffing is sufficient. If you have 1 at the SD, 1 @ SCO, and 1 cashier and no SETL in yet... it's a house of cards. Get a few DU and that forces that SCO to abandon their post to take care of those. Then the lone cashier is checking out guests and trouble shooting SCO, and bam, there's a line.

It gets better once the SETL comes in and I suspect it will be even better when we get a fresh out of business college ETL-GE. We haven't had a GE (only) for years so the extra set of hands will be welcome.

So new schedule posted and inbound is scheduled 2 hours to do the truck and 2 hours in their designated area...this is gonna be interesting 👀
We schedule our sort team for 4 hours and the goal is to be done within 2 hours give or take. Although, the guide for sort says that the sort process can take as long as it needs to, its not really an expectation. We average around 1 hour 40 min - 2 hours on a 2k peice truck, using 5 sorters, 1 thrower, and 1 person who keeps the line flowing and handles pipo. As long as you have atleast 6-7 people it shouldnt be a problem to get done within 2 hours, as long as theyre focused on that goal. We use to struggle alot in the beginning, but now that we have a solid team they all know the expectation is to be done by 8 or 8:30 at the latest.

We schedule our sort team for 4 hours and the goal is to be done within 2 hours give or take. Although, the guide for sort says that the sort process can take as long as it needs to, its not really an expectation. We average around 1 hour 40 min - 2 hours on a 2k peice truck, using 5 sorters, 1 thrower, and 1 person who keeps the line flowing and handles pipo. As long as you have atleast 6-7 people it shouldnt be a problem to get done within 2 hours, as long as theyre focused on that goal. We use to struggle alot in the beginning, but now that we have a solid team they all know the expectation is to be done by 8 or 8:30 at the latest.
Thats nice you guys got a great team we have a former softlines sr tl that took over being a gm tl for inbound and the team takes forever to unload at 6am when im trying to find stuff in receiving they're still at it 10 am.

Thats nice you guys got a great team we have a former softlines sr tl that took over being a gm tl for inbound and the team takes forever to unload at 6am when im trying to find stuff in receiving they're still at it 10 am.
I've noticed that at my store as the weather gets warmer the unload starts taking a little longer. I was a thrower a couple times when it was 20 degrees and the cold felt amazing. But now when I step into the trailer after the unload it's already pretty warm. I can't imagine how hot it gets while unloading now. To meet our goal times I think we either need 2 throwers or switch out every so often

This sounds eerily similar to a store in my city lol 👀 From what I hear she is terrible in every aspect

I find myself with some downtime this evening. I circled through the back to check what vehicles were still back there and then set about auditing some problematic sections for OPU that were clean. Apparently, I was not supposed to do that as SDs got an email today. Audits are suspended companywide because DBOs are auditing before they come clean and causing problems. Only SDs and AP are supposed to audit until corporate figures out what to do about it.

*sigh* I kind of feel like a little kid whose had his security blanket taken away.

I find myself with some downtime this evening. I circled through the back to check what vehicles were still back there and then set about auditing some problematic sections for OPU that were clean. Apparently, I was not supposed to do that as SDs got an email today. Audits are suspended companywide because DBOs are auditing before they come clean and causing problems. Only SDs and AP are supposed to audit until corporate figures out what to do about it.

*sigh* I kind of feel like a little kid whose had his security blanket taken away.

Oops. I've been auditing every hardlines and market INF unless it says it was received in the last couple of days. Sounds like there's some malicious compliance going on if people are auditing when they know they have stuff in the back. I might even do the same if they handed me one of those micromanaging elementary school worksheets or pressed me about doing audits.

But since this site doesn't exist, I'm gonna have to keep on keeping on until my store tells me otherwise.

I audited all of our universal and amazon fire tablet cases because I was tired of it being empty since the POG set. OH was 0, so I think I’ll be fine. Even if it wasn’t 0, the planogram has been almost empty for 2 months.

Back