MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We already lost our SD, though whether they were fired or just left, I have no idea.

I hope you're making it through this relatively unscathed

I'm personally fine. I'm my store's primary OPU picker. Everyone is happy with me and my hours are locked in. Feel bad for many of my fellow TMs who have been struggling, but I'm good. Thanks for the concern though.

I'm personally fine. I'm my store's primary OPU picker. Everyone is happy with me and my hours are locked in. Feel bad for many of my fellow TMs who have been struggling, but I'm good. Thanks for the concern though.

Not to gloat, but I'm personally fine too. I do transitions, ff/opu/ and signing (whenever things we have big sets like bts). I've been getting 40 every week with picking up shifts on the switch sheet.

The store is a wreck. The fixture room is a disaster now. We'll soon start running out of paper. But since no one who orders ever looks, it doesn't get ordered. I tried telling a few people, but they blew me off.

The store is a wreck. The fixture room is a disaster now. We'll soon start running out of paper. But since no one who orders ever looks, it doesn't get ordered. I tried telling a few people, but they blew me off.
Tragedy of the commons. It won't be getting better anytime soon without well-defined and coordinated roles for common areas to increase accountability.

But that would require corporate to admit parts of their master plan were ill-conceived so... 🤣

I was told we were going to be super selective when hiring to make sure that anyone new would be the type of high-performer that could achieve the desired results. I'm not really sure how that's working. No one hired since April has lasted longer than a month before they just stop showing up.
We have finally hired, but the applicant pool is poor. Target slow walked the 15 an hour increase, so it's not pulling in people, really.

I’m being pressured not to call for backups despite not having enough people scheduled. Weekends are a nightmare. The guests are so angry about us only having one or two lanes open. My team and I get an earful and then I get coached about our metrics.
Our store is a mess. Our shelves are empty, we deal with expired market items and missed salvage all day every day. The way you guys describe your backrooms sounds like our backroom.
I’m just trying to keep my job but I’m afraid I’m going to get fired for things I have no control over.

At my store, these task lists/check list things were handed to out here and there. One TM who was out is just waiting for one. I was not a lucky recipient of such paper, I write down my times and tasks that I do: unload/sort truck, sort the cosmetic repacks and push in an area that is not mine b/c that person called in or something. As for payroll, at my store I know we are over b/c my SD is emailing leadership not to overspend. What else? The GM1 is having some TMs skip pushing pulls and go straight to truck and then if they have time push the pulls. But isn't this whole new modernization steps for a DBO to zone/reshop, prioritize workload, check and fill endcaps, push truck, and finally ending the day to check out with your leader? But I feel this is not being done at my store. Its leadership with the old vs. modernization of the process. They create such double standards for themselves and TMs.

A softlines tm asked for me on the walkie today and to go to channel 2. She asked me to come an overhead clearance sign since, and I quote, "That's your job." It is? That's funny since I get zero signing hours. I told her that signing is not my job and that if she had any concerns to contact my tl.

Good luck getting it moved. No one in softlines knows how to use the wave much less move signing.

I’m being pressured not to call for backups despite not having enough people scheduled. Weekends are a nightmare. The guests are so angry about us only having one or two lanes open. My team and I get an earful and then I get coached about our metrics.
Our store is a mess. Our shelves are empty, we deal with expired market items and missed salvage all day every day. The way you guys describe your backrooms sounds like our backroom.
I’m just trying to keep my job but I’m afraid I’m going to get fired for things I have no control over.

I used to get in trouble for calling for backup as well but I didn’t give a shit and we called for help anyway. At the end of the day I knew I would get coached for metrics like you are so I held my ground and they backed off eventually. Don’t be a pushover. As long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing then they can’t touch you.

I used to get in trouble for calling for backup as well but I didn’t give a shit and we called for help anyway. At the end of the day I knew I would get coached for metrics like you are so I held my ground and they backed off eventually. Don’t be a pushover. As long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing then they can’t touch you.
HR and ETL SE should be the ones coached for bad surveys complaining about long lines; if it’s a front end staffing problem, and I’m the only leader here and my team isn’t ahead of their workload, then there’s going to be lines. I’m done seeing the mornings stacked to avoid making GM backup.

What area do you have, and what do you do differently?
Not sure I really want to share too many details - probably being paranoid, but anyway. Let's just say I get a ton of repacks in my area and I work them differently than how I was originally told. I don't always keep my u-boat right close to me, especially if I'm working an aisle that's being shopped heavily. But I'm fast and efficient and I know my area really well.

Not sure I really want to share too many details - probably being paranoid, but anyway. Let's just say I get a ton of repacks in my area and I work them differently than how I was originally told. I don't always keep my u-boat right close to me, especially if I'm working an aisle that's being shopped heavily. But I'm fast and efficient and I know my area really well.
Detrash and sort it into a 3-tier?

I wish we had enough 3-tiers for me to use like this. Sometimes, we do but not often enough for me to depend on it and for sure not during 4th quarter. I keep it all on my u-boat but I do sort it instead of rummaging around in all the boxes down all the aisles. And I detrash as I go, not when I sort.

Two coworkers fired for meal compliance. More people leaving due to lack of hours or too much work--not a lot of newbies lasting.

LOTS of new good looking people though. I think I must be the ugliest one here under 35 and I'm feeling outnumbered. I'd like some more people around who didn't look like they could be on modern TV shows.

ETA: Some shelves are beginning to look patchy. Empty spots here and there in most aisles. Not looking good.

Thankfully my store is loaded with, let's say "average" looking people. All the hotties they hired last year are gone.

Honestly, that's what I do most of the time especially for two of my heavier parts of my large area. It REALLY speeds up my process.

It's a no-no to have multiple vehicles on the floor, but my closing lead doesn't mind. Hell, even a couple of my leads have hinted to 'breaking small rules' if it helped my timing on push. I laugh with them and call myself the rebel- knowing all too well I am the keeper of the wild 3-tier for my repacks.

Back